PDA

View Full Version : If my people

fontz
Jan 21st 2009, 08:17 PM
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This word is coming in so strong to me today. With all the doom & gloom of world conditions (yes i know physically its chaos) I believe the Spirit is getting revved up to pour out. Man (world leaders) as we all know can only take us so far and its up to us to pray even harder, to keep our faith strong seeing with our spiritual eyes and not how the world sees. Yes many of us believe we are living in the last days, but God is still in control. I just feel the Spirit manifesting Himself so strongly..oh Lord Your grace is sufficient to see us through anything no matter what CNN or newspapers want us to believe. You oh Mighty one reign!

Emanate
Jan 21st 2009, 08:21 PM
2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This verse is speaking to Israel. They sure could use some of that right now.

crossnote
Jan 22nd 2009, 06:21 AM
Take heart, it's application still stands for 'MY People'. I'll include myself. We as Christians are called to pray for our leaders as well as humble ourselves and seek His face,
This Scripture was the cry of the Christians during the Carter/Reagan race. America was in much trouble then. I did not hear this scripture mentioned once this election cycle, but rather christians were caught up in the left vs. right of christian politics without much serious thought or call to repentance and prayer. So we got what we got.

shawn_2828
Feb 10th 2009, 02:56 AM
This verse is speaking to Israel. They sure could use some of that right now.

This is for us also.