PDA

View Full Version : Discussion For He shall stand.....

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 24th 2009, 01:09 AM
Psalm 109: 31

For he shall stand at the right hand of the poor, to save [him] from those that condemn his soul.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this piece of Scripture.. when I read it .. You see David revealing to us its God who is our Defender and Advocate....

I read this and I can't help but think of the NT of the 'blind man'.. whom Jesus healed.. only to have the Pharisees come falsely accusing him that he was never blind.. I can see it today.. Jesus standing beside that healed blind man.. comforting him as the arrogant elite were spewing their venom and accusations...

also the Prostitute... caught in the act of adultery... her accusers ready to stone her... then you see the Mercy and Compassion of Jesus... and the Wisdom He used against her accusers.. He stood beside her and FORGAVE her.. told her to go and sin no more.. her accusers walked away.. cut to the heart about the ' the who is without sin. cast the first stone..' The harlot deserved to be stoned by Jewish Law.. but again it's Jesus standing there.. holding off her accusers and setting the standard.. Mercy, Compassion, Forgiveness, Judging Righeous Judgement..

this should also remind us of an unseen process that goes on in the Spiritual realm... when the accuser of the brethern comes before God the Father .. accusing and condemning those children of God to God's Face... but then you see Jesus standing there.. Resurrected.. and Glorified... standing in the Gap... our Advocate... He pleads our case.. and we have a High Priest that is able to 'understand' and 'comprehend' what we go thru.. our feelings our emotions... He is 'touched' and 'knows' what we go thru.. because He went thru that as God in flesh..... and thats why He stands in the Gap for us... It behooved Him to be made like His brethern... I'm so thankful He did it perfectly.. ... When He said 'it is Finished'.. a cry that still echoes thru generations.. it Truly Was....... amen and amen..