PDA

View Full Version : Are we entertaining an angel unware?

crystalbrite
Jan 24th 2009, 07:56 AM
I've been a member of this forum for about 3-4 weeks or so. I've encountered many great teachers, (teachers are my Godsend, thank you all!), but someone quite special who posts here seems very amazing to me in his profound understanding of the Lord. Could it be we are entertaining an angel unaware that he is an angel? I'm sure he will not reveal himself, as an angel might consider that to be prideful. But in any case, I would love to read your angel stories. I have a few of my own, so I know you do too. :)

Zack702
Jan 24th 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm sure we are.
But never thought about a angel posting messages on the internet.
Perhaps it is a angel who is unaware they are a angel :eek:

markedward
Jan 24th 2009, 07:41 PM
It couldn't simply be a really strong, matured Christian?

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 24th 2009, 07:51 PM
I've been a member of this forum for about 3-4 weeks or so. I've encountered many great teachers, (teachers are my Godsend, thank you all!), but someone quite special who posts here seems very amazing to me in his profound understanding of the Lord. Could it be we are entertaining an angel unaware that he is an angel? I'm sure he will not reveal himself, as an angel might consider that to be prideful. But in any case, I would love to read your angel stories. I have a few of my own, so I know you do too. :)

Good post... yes In Hebrews it states that we 'entertain' angels unawares... I belive entertain in the Greek means to take in as a 'guest' .. and give rest or a place of rest to them..... it calls us to be 'observant'...

Jesus said His Little Ones... have angels that 'behold the Face of the Father'.. daily... some may call these guardian angels... It was revealed to me that I have them.. they have been with me since I was physically born.. I don't worship them and I don't pursue them.. I 'know' they are around.. He revealed to me that they were in battle when drowning, car accidents and suicide attempts were happening.. those that would of taken my physical life..

If you look at the Word 'angel' in the Greek.. I believe you could translate that as 'messenger'... they're are 'real' angels that God created.. for Him.. those He uses for His Will... messengers, worship, aid, etc... They have spiritual bodies and operate in the supernatural and can and will manifest in the natural.. They are above 'man'... There are good angels... those used in ministering to those who will become God's Heirs of salvation... Hebrews defines this.. then they're are those who rebelled and are condemned to the Lake of Fire in the future..

Now God can use Human vessels as 'messengers' too.. Like John the Baptist... and in Revelation it reveals two witnesses that will come upon the world scene.. John the Baptist was a human.. born from the womb.. yet he was a messenger...

Human vessels that 'bring a message' (God's message)... some would probably call them angels but they are not.. they most often will operate in the role of prophet or take the office of God's prophet... God can use anybody.. and most of the time.. He picks and chooses those who the world would not even consider.. or who the world deemed unworthy..
He chooses the 'weak' things of the world to confound the 'strong'.. and the foolish things to confound the wise... and the base things and despised things.. and things which ARE NOT to bring the things THAT ARE.. to nothing...

so that 'no flesh' can glory in His presense...

matthew7and1
Jan 25th 2009, 02:41 AM
Definitely!
I wonder if we will find out who they are at judgement! I bet it would be like "OH MAN! I knew there was something special about that one!!!" and "NO WAY!! I would have never guessed!" :rofl:

ross3421
Jan 25th 2009, 10:01 AM

We entertain many angels, especially on Sunday. A day which brings a potential of more "entertaining angels"......

1pe 1:12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

What are the angels watching? The angels are watching the effects of the Gospel being preached to the earth, why?

At this point it gets a little controversial, but it seems pretty clear that the angels (i.e ministering spirits) are waiting for those to accept this Gospel message so they can minister unto them. How would an angel minister unto you or I ? Is this the understanding of being filled with a Spirit as perhaps these "angels" are spirits of God.......

Where would they be sent forth, are we not the heirs of salvation?

Heb 1:13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?Heb 1:14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Do we not see this indwelt of angels at Pentecost upon their salvation?

Heb 1:7And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Ac 2:1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.Ac 2:2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.Ac 2:3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.Ac 2:4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

In addition, scripture gives us indication that each one of us does have our separate angel which is watching for our decisions of the Gospel noted by the personal pronoun of "their" being used below.

Mt 18:10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Now if we have been predestined to accept this Gospel then perhaps this / our angel mediates events in the heavens against evil principalities in our regard whereby on earth events are made possible for our opportunity to accept.

Hence, if you are born again you are all an entertaining angel. Though "understanding" (prophesy) would be a gift not given to all which are born again.

My thoughts, Mark