PDA

View Full Version : Jesus deceived the people

wtj
Jan 25th 2009, 05:11 PM
And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth. Luke 8:52 And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead. Luke 8:53

For as the body without the SPIRIT IS DEAD, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

And her SPIRIT CAME AGAIN, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat. Luke 8:55

The commandment is not – thou shalt not bear false witness. – it is -
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Ex. 20:16

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. Matt. 12:20

This is because - like the king of Egypt - if they knew it would harden their hearts and they would fight against god till their death.

Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. Matt. 22:19 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? Matt. 22:20 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. Matt. 22:21

The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psa. 24:1

Ceasar does not own the breath that comes out of his mouth.

What are your thoughts on this?

Athanasius
Jan 25th 2009, 05:14 PM
My initial thought is... I can't make sense of what you're trying to say.

Vhayes
Jan 25th 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure of what you're saying or asking but here's my thoughts about the little girl:
She was certainly "dead". But when one believes in Jesus, they NEVER die, they live eternally. The body only "sleeps" until it is called forth again at the resurrection. God breathed the spirit of life back into her in the same way He breathed life into Adam and animated her body once again.

Jesus was teaching everyone the lesson of eternal life and what death now means to those who believe in Him.

Not sure if that addresses what you asked or not...
V

Gregg
Jan 25th 2009, 05:27 PM
Your title of your thread seems like a proclamation. I find this strange for someone who has Yes, I am a Christian by their name.

Reading your post, it almost seems like you are trying to say lying is ok, unless it is specifically directed at an individual.

I would not agree with your thread title or what I percieve is your point.

Yukerboy
Jan 25th 2009, 06:21 PM
And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth. Luke 8:52 And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead. Luke 8:53

Jesus didn't lie. Therefore, she was sleeping and not dead.

For as the body without the SPIRIT IS DEAD, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

I take this to be the Holy Spirit. The body without the Holy Spirit is dead. The body that does have the Holy Spirit has crossed over from death to life.

And her SPIRIT CAME AGAIN, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat. Luke 8:55

Amen!

The commandment is not – thou shalt not bear false witness. – it is -
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Ex. 20:16

Who else is there to bear false witness to? God? Satan?

A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory. Matt. 12:20

Amen again.

Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. Matt. 22:19 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? Matt. 22:20 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s. Matt. 22:21

True, it is Caesar's.

The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psa. 24:1

Ceasar does not own the breath that comes out of his mouth.

And God in owning all, gave Caesar authority to put Caesar's image there.

It is still God's, but given from God to Caesar.

ProjectPeter
Jan 26th 2009, 04:39 PM
Jesus didn't lie. Therefore, she was sleeping and not dead.Um... she was dead Yuker. Goodness man... Jesus said the same about Lazarus...

John 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha.
2 And it was the Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.
3 The sisters therefore sent to Him, saying, "Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick."
4 But when Jesus heard it, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified by it."
5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
6 When therefore He heard that he was sick, He stayed then two days longer in the place where He was.
7 Then after this He said to the disciples, "Let us go to Judea again."
8 The disciples said to Him, "Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone You, and are You going there again?"
9 Jesus answered, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world.
10 "But if anyone walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him."
11 This He said, and after that He said to them, "Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I go, that I may awaken him out of sleep."
12 The disciples therefore said to Him, "Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover."
13 Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that He was speaking of literal sleep.

I know that medical science has greatly increased... but they could tell when a person was dead. That whole "not breathing" and "heart not beating" thing was one of them there clues. They weren't technologically advanced in medicine... but they weren't stupid either. ;)

RabbiKnife
Jan 26th 2009, 04:51 PM
"Sleeping" is a euphemism for "assumed room temperature."

ProjectPeter
Jan 26th 2009, 04:53 PM
"Sleeping" is a euphemism for "assumed room temperature."
AKA; dead; pushing up daisies instead of picking them; the grand finale; no more; toe tagged; etc. ;)

9Marksfan
Jan 26th 2009, 05:06 PM
AKA; dead; pushing up daisies instead of picking them; the grand finale; no more; toe tagged; etc. ;)

Agreed - but what did Jesus mean?

RabbiKnife
Jan 26th 2009, 05:11 PM
1. Jesus didn't lie.
2. When he said, Don't worry, he's sleeping, he either meant "sleeping" as a euphemism for dead or "sleeping" as in Lazarus (or Jairus' daughter) is not really dead.

With Lazarus, it is clear from the writer's comments that Jesus was talking about and knew that Lazarus was dead.

ProjectPeter
Jan 26th 2009, 05:33 PM
Agreed - but what did Jesus mean?
He was going to get her up. ;) At this time Jesus didn't want this miracle announced as with some other miracles done early on. Remember that he told the parents to tell no one.