PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Stealing

Vettech
Jan 26th 2009, 01:30 AM
When I was a kid I remember going to a football game and a youth rally. When I got back to the church I saw that someone had left a pom pom in the church bench. Next day it was still there so I just picked it up and kept it. Now I am thinking back and wondering if that was considered stealing. I cant remember if someone said it was theirs. I think I may remember someone saying that they had left one but I didnt give it back. I may be just making that up because I am worried. My question is that do I have to return what I "stole." I would almost have no way of doing that cause I dont know who it was and if someone even said anyting about it. This is preying on my mind. Please help.

karenoka27
Jan 26th 2009, 01:53 AM
This happened when you were a kid? No, you can't go back and return it, you said you didn't even know who it belonged too? And you still have this pom pom?

I don't know when you came to know Jesus Christ, but when you accept Him as your Lord and Savior He says:
2 Corinthians 5:17-"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

You may not be able to go back and return what you stole, but you can ask the Lord to forgive, and move on.
Now when you sin after your salvation He says:
1 John 1:9-"If we confess our sins, He is Faithful and Just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Don't beat yourself up over your past. This does not mean go live a life of sin, but it does mean that we serve a Forgiving,Merciful God.

Lamentations 3:22-23-"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."

σяєяυииєя
Jan 26th 2009, 02:01 AM
You know Vettech,

This reminds me of the story of Zacchaeus, as described in Luke 19:

Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." Luke 19:8-9

God bless you...

Vettech
Jan 26th 2009, 02:08 AM
I was a Christian then. I just didnt think about my actions.

Ixthus
Jan 26th 2009, 02:48 AM
The Devil always wants you to be worried about things like that. He wants you to lose faith in Jesus. The key is not letting it get that far. And he does it little by little because people don't crumble in a day.