PDA

View Full Version : John 5:21

fontz
Jan 29th 2009, 07:16 PM
(asv)For as the Father raiseth the dead and giveth them life, even so the Son also giveth life to whom he will.

I know the context of this verse..one question tho..Is there somewhere in the Old Testament where it speaks of God raising the dead..if so i have missed this. Of course i know God could do this yes, just wondered if anyone knew of a scripture that spoke of God The Father doing this.

Walstib
Jan 29th 2009, 07:22 PM
Here is one I thought of that may be what you are looking for.

For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God, Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! (Job 19:25-27 NKJV)

Peace,
Joe

Theophilus
Jan 29th 2009, 07:30 PM
You wanted OT references, and I gave you NT...call me Dorkphilus!

CommanderRobey
Jan 29th 2009, 08:39 PM
Ezekiel 37 gives account of dry bones living again.

1 Kings 17:21-22 And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again. And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.

While one can argue that it was the prophet who raise the boy from the dead, the prophet's prayer will show who actually did the raising of the dead... the LORD God.

fontz
Jan 29th 2009, 09:06 PM
thank you for the replies..much appreciated :)