PDA

View Full Version : Discussion The 'face' of Iniquity

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 29th 2009, 07:25 PM
Just thought I'd pose this simple question....

Does Iniquity have a 'face'???

and as a born again Christian from above......... can you discern and

recognize it?

If so.. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this...

9Marksfan
Jan 29th 2009, 09:56 PM
Just thought I'd pose this simple question....

Does Iniquity have a 'face'???

and as a born again Christian from above......... can you discern and

recognize it?

If so.. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this...

Hmm - intriguing thread - could you explain what you mean a bit more? Where did you get the phrase from?

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 29th 2009, 11:30 PM
I'll do... and looks like I've got people thinking...:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Iniquity..... from whence did it come from.. what is the source?

Iniquity, if you look to the Hebrew word.. and its root etymology.. it means perversion.. distortion of the Truth...

in the NT it can be described as Lawlessness... unrighteousness, injustice and the acts of it, wickedness

Now in Thessalonians, Paul tells believers that the 'mystery' of iniquity is already at work.... and it wont come full force until the one who restrains it is taken out of the way... and then the Wicked will be revealed... even 'him' whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power signs and lying wonders...

When Jesus sent His disciples out to preach the Kingdom, heal the sick, cast out devils... when in direct confrontation with the kingdom of darkness...especially those who were 'devil possessed' .. how did they recognize them? was there a little red devil in a red suit with a pitch fork standing over them in a dark cloud? I don't think thats what they saw... Jesus must of taught them something to 'recognize' them by.. He also taught His disciples that the 'light' of the Body is the Eye... could you recognize and discern if 'iniquity' or the 'source of iniquty' was present by the 'eye'?

this is why I pose the question..

does iniquity, pure evil and wickedness .. does it have a 'face'?

and when fully possesing a human body.. does that body take on characteristics of the 'entity' possessing it...??????:hmm::hmm:

JesusReignsForever
Jan 29th 2009, 11:43 PM
I dont think evil has a face. But when evil comes into contact with righteousness the evil has no choice but to reveal it self because light and darkness can't mix one always has to overtake the other.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Also I believe the apostles were so full of the Holy Ghost that when someone had an evil spirit the spirit had no choice but to show itself...again light and darkness have no communion together.

Just like when Jesus came up on the men that were posed and the demons pleaded to go into the swine...when Light comes into darkness the darkness has no choice but to flee.

Matt 8.
29And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

30And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

31So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

32And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Thats my thoughts...

JesusReignsForever
Jan 29th 2009, 11:45 PM
And didnt sin begin with Adam and Eve

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 30th 2009, 04:10 PM
And didnt sin begin with Adam and Eve

Who is it, that 'sinneth from the beginning' , who Jesus referred to as 'never abiding or continuing in the Truth'.... this would be prior to the Garden... I believe you 'know' this....

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 30th 2009, 04:19 PM
I dont think evil has a face. But when evil comes into contact with righteousness the evil has no choice but to reveal it self because light and darkness can't mix one always has to overtake the other.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That's True that Light and Dark can't mix.. and when Jesus was here the devils often came running at Him recognzing Him for who He was.. and not only Him .. but the Saints of God... those 'annointed'.. by the Holy Ghost..

but.. You also must remember and understand that 'darkness'.. comes masquerading as 'light'.. walking talking looking like the real thing... and that darkness has its 'ministers of 'RIGHTOUESNESS' :o yes I said that... in place..... planted as 'weeds' or 'tares' as Jesus taught.. Jesus said they would grow up together... and when together it would be almost impossilbe to 'discern' the 'weeds' from the tares.. but a Christian can...

Evil... Iniquity... does have a FACE... Oh yes he does...

If you get a chance.. take a concordance and do an indepth Word Study of the teaching that Jesus taught....

The Light of the Body is the eye.... dig into that .. and see what He reveals to you.. I pray His Wisdom and Understanding rest upon you in Great Measure...

I appreciate your comments and Keep Pressing Forward and Into Him..

crossnote
Jan 31st 2009, 08:03 AM
Iniquity always has (or comes with) a face.
Does a tree have iniquity?
Does your car? (Headlights and grill don't count).
Does the sky?
It comes with the person, be it human or demonic.
It comes no other way.

Borean
Jan 31st 2009, 08:17 AM
Satan often masquerades as an Angel of Light, so appearances can be deceiving. Otherwise, sin would be much less popular. The more we chose obediently and stay connected to the Source of goodness, the more we can discern the more insidious faces of evil.

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 31st 2009, 03:16 PM
Iniquity always has (or comes with) a face.
Does a tree have iniquity?
Does your car? (Headlights and grill don't count).
Does the sky?
It comes with the person, be it human or demonic.
It comes no other way.

Yes, you are correct....excellent..

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 31st 2009, 03:32 PM
Satan often masquerades as an Angel of Light, so appearances can be deceiving. Otherwise, sin would be much less popular. The more we chose obediently and stay connected to the Source of goodness, the more we can discern the more insidious faces of evil.

I agree.. I would also say 'abiding' in Him.... would be another example...
When you are 'abiding' In Him.. then you are abiding in 'Light"...

If you are in that "Light"... then what becomes of those things around you... will not 'darkenss' be exposed? if you are Truly in that "light"...

darkness and 'its' many faces?

for Example.. if you were to walk into the darkest of rooms without the lights on... what do you see? nothing... just blackness...

now... walk into that room... that is black... now take the smallest flashlight or penlight for example...

turn it on... what happens?

the Light pierces the darkness.... and the darkness around you becomes??? Visible.........

the same goes with Spiritual Darkness... if you are abiding in the Light and In Him, In Truth... then the spiritual darkness will become evident and visible... that which surrounds you... this takes place in your everyday walk with Him.. whereever God has called you to be... at work.. at home.. at school....

As you walk In Him and with Him.. where He has called you... Iniquity, spiritual darkness will become evident.. is it because of you own power? or your own understanding? no.. Its because of Him... and abiding In Him...abiding in Light... darkness will be revealed..

and YES... darkeness has a face....a literal face...

The light of the body IS THE EYE....

How many of you in your daily walk have come face to face with the 'face of darkness'... that face of darkensss posing as a servant of righteousness and an angel of light(illumination)? Would you be able to 'recognize' him? as he makes his pressense 'known' around you... using unsaved vessels as his tool to administer his iniquity? (perversion, distortion of the Truth)

9Marksfan
Feb 3rd 2009, 01:09 PM
I agree.. I would also say 'abiding' in Him.... would be another example...
When you are 'abiding' In Him.. then you are abiding in 'Light"...

If you are in that "Light"... then what becomes of those things around you... will not 'darkenss' be exposed? if you are Truly in that "light"...

darkness and 'its' many faces?

for Example.. if you were to walk into the darkest of rooms without the lights on... what do you see? nothing... just blackness...

now... walk into that room... that is black... now take the smallest flashlight or penlight for example...

turn it on... what happens?

the Light pierces the darkness.... and the darkness around you becomes??? Visible.........

the same goes with Spiritual Darkness... if you are abiding in the Light and In Him, In Truth... then the spiritual darkness will become evident and visible... that which surrounds you... this takes place in your everyday walk with Him.. whereever God has called you to be... at work.. at home.. at school....

As you walk In Him and with Him.. where He has called you... Iniquity, spiritual darkness will become evident.. is it because of you own power? or your own understanding? no.. Its because of Him... and abiding In Him...abiding in Light... darkness will be revealed..

and YES... darkeness has a face....a literal face...

The light of the body IS THE EYE....

How many of you in your daily walk have come face to face with the 'face of darkness'... that face of darkensss posing as a servant of righteousness and an angel of light(illumination)? Would you be able to 'recognize' him? as he makes his pressense 'known' around you... using unsaved vessels as his tool to administer his iniquity? (perversion, distortion of the Truth)

I'm seeing what you're saying about the eye being the window on the soul - and you can see the light of Christ in the eyes of those who walk close to Him - but how do you think we can recognise (in effect) "the evil eye" - a lack of light? Yes. A coldness/hardness? Undoubtedly. But anything else tangible?

theBelovedDisciple
Feb 3rd 2009, 07:18 PM
I'm seeing what you're saying about the eye being the window on the soul - and you can see the light of Christ in the eyes of those who walk close to Him - but how do you think we can recognise (in effect) "the evil eye" - a lack of light? Yes. A coldness/hardness? Undoubtedly. But anything else tangible?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigel,
Thanks for the comments... and your right.. the Light of the Body is the eye... Jesus Himself taught this... and He taught us that we can 'discern' the 'light' of the body.. by the eyes.. On this planet you have the 'tares' and the 'good seed'.. weeds and good seed basically growing up beside each other.. those with an 'evil' eye have no light.. yet they come 'posing' as ministers , teachers, preachers of 'light'... with many following their teaching error and being lost... those 'weeds' with no light of the Christ in them.. an evil eye.. yet posing as 'light'.. planted by their father the devil... satan... and you have the Good Seed.. the children of the Kingdom..... Is there tangbile visible evidence of an 'evil' eye? oh yes.. and THEY ARE THERE... you have to know what you are looking for...

You mentioned the coldness and hardness of the eye... 'vision'.. Jesus called those religous leaders of His day who had no light 'serpents'....these 'serpents' 'boasted and bragged ' that they had the Light... they were the sons of Abraham.... on their way to Heaven.. the chosen of God.. but Jesus called them the sons of satan.. they were of their father the devil.. When one does a greek word study on the word serpent..... one will find that the root word etymology is 'tied' back to the word that has to do with 'vision.. or the sharpness of vision.'.. Where is 'vision' related to as far as the human body? THE EYE.... so Jesus discerned what type of 'light' was in the eye by percieving their eyes... He also 'knew' their 'hearts' and intents as He was God in the flesh.. but He also 'saw' as we see.. as He had flesh and bone like His brethern..... when one studies all the words around the the Greek Word #3700.. which is the word where we derive the word opthamology... you will find that 'vision' also encompasses the 'eye brow'.. and the 'forehead' surrounding the eye.... is this more tangible evidence here? and what kind of characteristics do these take on when one has an 'evil' eye...

Now when an evil spirit indwells a human vessel... it controls the spirit, soul, and the flesh of that being.. will that flesh take on 'characteristics' of that evil spirit which indwells the person? Oh yes.. and the characteristics are found in the eye.. and those areas that 'surround' the eye.... this is why Jesus termed the phrase.. an 'evil eye'... one can focus not only on the 'vision' or sharpness of vision in the human vessel but also take into account the 'eye brow' and the forehead surrounding the eye.. for those who don't believe an evil spirit indwells a human vessel.. they do.. I was once controlled and possessed by many of them.. but His Mercy and Grace and His Delivering Power set me free.. believe me they do... I can today look back at my photos when I was unsaved and see that 'presense' that was controlling me and driving me to to those things I did.. I see it my eyes who satan had in control and this because he had blinded my mind to the Truth....and you can discern an 'evil' eye by those tangible characteristics.. the 'eye' iteself, the sharpness of vision.. when looking at you.. the 'eyebrow'.. it has a certain characteristics, and these very clear and visible and manifest..... when under the dominion of the spirit of error, and the forehead ... these all linked to the organ of sight.. the EYE.. when you look at these.. then it will tell you who is in the 'house'... and you will discern what 'LIGHT' is present...

but you see one who does not have Light 'in' them.. or Abiding in the "light'.. one will have a hard time seeing or understanding what an evil eye is... let alone discerning it... darkness doesnt expose darkness... but like I explained in the above post... when Light comes into Darkness... IT PIERCES THAT DARKNESS.. exposing it .... even the 'darkness' posing as LIGHT..... and this True Light will expose darkness.. and that Light is the Person of Jesus the Christ... He is Light, Truth, the Way, and He is Eternal Life...

so yes Iniquity does have a face... and you can 'discern' it...

May His Wisdom and Understanding 'rest' upon you In Great Measure...

May He make His Face to shine upon you.........

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.