PDA

View Full Version : The Shepherds Rod Of Correction

TBONE61
Jan 29th 2009, 07:34 PM
Psalm 23:4-b (New King James Version)

4-b] Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

The Shepherds Rod Of Correction

In Israel today, it is not uncommon to see a shepherd carrying a lamb with it's leg in a cast. Sometimes stubborn young lambs will habitually wander away, endangering their own lives and even the safety of the entire flock. The shepherd's last resort is to break its legs to save its life. the little lamb will have to depend on the shepherd for all of its daily care as it rests in his arms until its leg has healed. During this time of close contact the lamb learns to love and trust its shepherd and will never leave his side again. When we wander away, our Shepherd will use any means to restore us to fellowship with the flock. We can count on it.

FOR TODAY: We are the sheep of His pasture. He loves us enough to correct us when we start down a wrong path.

Borean
Jan 31st 2009, 07:51 AM
Correction can sting but we need the guidance and we are better for it if we heed it. Often things make sense in retrospect.

onfire4god
Feb 4th 2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks.

I needed this! :)

Dravenhawk
Feb 7th 2009, 12:35 AM
Interesting -- That is a good explanation how God uses adversities to draw us closer to Him. I am walking this road now.

Dravenhawk

ConqueredbyLove
Feb 7th 2009, 12:43 AM
It is next to the bosom of the Shepherd that the broken lamb can hear the Shepherd's heartbeat of love for it, the little lamb can gaze into the eyes of tender love and affection of the Shepherd and can hear the Shepherd's gentle whispers...of utmost caring....:hug:

Borean
Feb 10th 2009, 07:10 PM
Adversity is never fun in the moment but I would not trade in a lot of it for anything because it has given me valuable experience.
:hug: for all those experiencing adversity.

fontz
Feb 23rd 2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for this word!

Oregongrown
Feb 23rd 2009, 03:10 PM
Tbone, this is one of the best illustrations of God's love for us. When I first heard it long ago, I felt it was cruel. But as I have grown in the Lord, I see it is anything but. It is not easy for God to allow pain in our lives(He does not enjoy it)but He will do it because He knows that the pain will pass and that the lesson will lead to much joy, peace, comfort and safety in Him. Thank you again, a sister in Christ, denise