PDA

View Full Version : 6-6-6

RabbiKnife
Jan 29th 2009, 08:06 PM
I just got paid. When I looked at my payroll check, the amount of payment was right but the check number is 666! What should I do? If I cash it, am I accepting the mark of the beast?

awestruckchild
Jan 29th 2009, 08:17 PM
I am assuming you are using tongue in cheek to make a point...??;)

RabbiKnife
Jan 29th 2009, 08:33 PM
My tongue is so firmly implanted that I can hardly talk!

But my check number was 666!

:D

rom826
Jan 29th 2009, 08:39 PM
Endorse the check over to me. I'll take care of it for you.

Vhayes
Jan 29th 2009, 09:04 PM
Yea - what rom826 said!
V

Emanate
Jan 29th 2009, 09:16 PM
I will add that all subsequent checks will carry a number mathematically that will reflect this number, using various formulas. Therefore, you should send us all further checks to us and we will bless them and anoint them and cash them to avoid you submitting to the mark.

RabbiKnife
Jan 29th 2009, 09:34 PM
I am so happy to have so many helpful, self-abasing Christians that will be willing to take this burden from me. I feel so much lighter now...

:kiss:

wombat
Jan 29th 2009, 10:03 PM
I just got paid. When I looked at my payroll check, the amount of payment was right but the check number is 666! What should I do? If I cash it, am I accepting the mark of the beast?
Hi, RabbiKnife! The mark of the beast will be a mark taken on the hand or forehead once the beast's economic system has been put into place. So don't worry--your check is okay to cash.

awestruckchild
Jan 29th 2009, 10:13 PM
It is pretty amazing though to see so many people who fear accidentally taking "the mark" though, isn't it? I always just assume that they are very new christians who have not yet gotten to the level of trust that they don't worry but trust Him in everything and for everything or that they have not gotten to know His voice yet.

RabbiKnife
Jan 29th 2009, 10:22 PM
Or they've read too many Chick Tracts.

:spin:

Vhayes
Jan 29th 2009, 10:29 PM
Or they've read too many Chick Tracts.

:spin:
:P:P:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::P:P
Dude - you make me laugh!!!

Psalms Fan
Jan 30th 2009, 12:33 AM
You didn't hold it in your right hand, did you?

markdrums
Jan 30th 2009, 12:54 AM
:rofl:
You didn't hold it in your right hand, did you?

BAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!! :lol::lol::D:rofl::rofl:

This thread definitely needs an award for inducing laughter!

Dragonfighter1
Jan 30th 2009, 01:33 AM
My tax refund is 4,666... what do I do with the first digit?:hmm:

Dani H
Jan 30th 2009, 01:36 AM
My tax refund is 4,666... what do I do with the first digit?:hmm:

Keep the 4 and send me the 666. I'll do that for you because I'm so darn nice. :D

JaneA
Jan 30th 2009, 02:51 AM
This is just a bad happening in your life. The mark of the beast will be world wide and you can't buy or sell unless you receive it in your right hand or forhead. Relax, and cash your check.
"God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind". Timothy I forget the verse number.:kiss:

ilovemetal
Jan 30th 2009, 02:54 AM
tha'ts ok. i saw page 666 in my bible the other day, but i didn't rip it out. it's a good page!

Psalms Fan
Jan 30th 2009, 02:55 AM
tha'ts ok. i saw page 666 in my bible the other day, but i didn't rip it out. it's a good page!

No, the devil is a LIAR. Rip it out and burn it!

awestruckchild
Jan 30th 2009, 03:05 AM
Okay, you guys lost me a few posts back. What is a chick tract and why do you hold it in your right hand?:hmm:

ilovemetal
Jan 30th 2009, 03:13 AM
:lol::giveup:this thread is so random.

Psalms Fan
Jan 30th 2009, 01:15 PM
Okay, you guys lost me a few posts back. What is a chick tract and why do you hold it in your right hand?:hmm:

Jack Chick is a christian cartoonist who makes evangelistic tracts, which are pretty "unique", to say the least. Google his name and you'll find some interesting stuff.

As far as the right hand, I was saying that in reference to the OP's check, which had the number 666 on it. Rev 13 says that people would receive the mark on the forehead or right hand. I was just making sure that RabbiKnife wouldn't be thrown into the lake of fire for holding a paycheck incorrectly.

Dragonfighter1
Jan 30th 2009, 01:38 PM
No, the devil is a LIAR. Rip it out and burn it!
Howls of derisive laughter!:rofl:

Dragonfighter1
Jan 30th 2009, 01:41 PM
It means you are a servant of little green monkeys if you hold chick tracts in your right hand.:lol:.. whereas if you hold them in your left you can still shake hands with someone and shove it into their left hand at the same time. Thereby giving them a corny, but sometimes effective gospel tract. (These tracts work best on kids, and the simple minded)

Dragonfighter1
Jan 30th 2009, 01:42 PM
No, its actually quite sequential. see the numbers? 1,2,3.....:lol:

kangkongking
Jan 30th 2009, 02:07 PM

Amen to that. And I thought I was going to learn something fruitful about "666" from this thread... :B

BroRog
Jan 30th 2009, 02:51 PM
Here is my two thirds of a penny.

John says that the number will be the number of a man. The number of mankind is 6, based on the fact that God created man on the sixth day. Triple six is man to the extreme.

Paul says that the man of lawlessness will exalt "himself above every so-called god or object of worship." That is, this man will be an atheist who will exalt himself above every god.

Satan says,

"You surely will not die! For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

If I took the number to me, I would agree with this man of lawlessness that I am above every god. In fact, I am like God, knowing good and evil. To take the number is to worship humanity itself.

kangkongking
Jan 30th 2009, 02:59 PM
hmm....you made me think there....(and still thinking)....

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

JesusMySavior
Jan 31st 2009, 04:03 AM
what a goofy thread.

As a side note I happen to use and distribute Chick tracts and they are very effective and useful.

I don't care what you say! I'm winning souls for Jesus :saint:

Psalms Fan
Jan 31st 2009, 04:32 AM
what a goofy thread.

As a side note I happen to use and distribute Chick tracts and they are very effective and useful.

I don't care what you say! I'm winning souls for Jesus :saint:

I'm glad that you're winning souls for Jesus. And not to knock the method, but I am thoroughly surprised that those actually work! I'd honestly have never thought so.

Diggindeeper
Jan 31st 2009, 04:43 AM
We put a rack of Chick tracts in our foyer at church and would you believe, almost EVERY visitor stops and reads a few and ends up taking 2 or 3 with them! Grown up people, too!

And the kids in Awanas and kids things, well, they always like to read them. I guess its because they are easy to read, and eye catching.
You know, they are written in kind of a comic style...much like miniture
comic books.

It really surprised me too, that adults would grab them up. I thought they would work best for children too.

But so far, I don't think anyone has taken 6 hundred and 66 of them....:dunno: