PDA

View Full Version : Finding a passage

dasher
Jan 29th 2009, 09:16 PM
Hi All

I hope that someone can help me find a passage that I came across about 20 years ago. It has tremendous signifigance to me. For the life of me I can't find it again

It went something like this:

"Do not be afraid I will not let them take take your lands from you"

Anyone familiar with this?

Thanks

Des

Friend of I AM
Jan 29th 2009, 09:19 PM
Hi All

I hope that someone can help me find a passage that I came across about 20 years ago. It has tremendous signifigance to me. For the life of me I can't find it again

Thanks

Des

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Speaking of the children of Israel going to the promised land. God bless.

Firstfruits
Jan 29th 2009, 09:29 PM
Hi All

Thanks

Des

Not sure if these are what you are looking for but here are a couple.

Josh 11:6 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=6&CHAP=11&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=6) And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time will I deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire.

Lev 26:6 (http://bibledatabase.org/cgi-bin/bib_search/bible.cgi?BIBLE=48&BOOK=3&CHAP=26&SEARCH=jesus king lord&Read=Read&FIRST=OK&HV=6) And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.

Happy hunting!

Firstfruits

David Taylor
Jan 29th 2009, 10:11 PM
And from a related N.T. perspective...

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." Mark 10:29

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:35

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 30th 2009, 07:46 PM
And from a related N.T. perspective...

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." Mark 10:29

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:35

------------------------------------------------

Excellent post with perspective from the NT.. excellent!

crossnote
Jan 31st 2009, 07:54 AM
I got nuthin...except maybe these two.

But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
(Jer 46:27)

After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
(Eze 39:26)

Benaiah
Jan 31st 2009, 03:54 PM
Exo 34:24 "For I will cast out the nations before you and enlarge your borders; neither will any man covet your land when you go up to appear before the LORD your God three times in the year.

dasher
Feb 11th 2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks everyone, I will keep searching and let you know if I ever find the phrase again

Des