PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Christians caught in the war over the land in Israel

moonglow
Jan 30th 2009, 05:10 PM
I was listening to this last night on the radio and thought some others might be interested too. Sorry I don't have an article you can read..

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Bible_Answer_Man/archives.asp?bcd=2009-1-29

click on:
Questions and Answers
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Hank Hanegraaff

God bless

pinky
Feb 2nd 2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for sharing this Moonglow.

:hug:

Kudo Shinichi
Feb 2nd 2009, 01:23 PM
Spelling of the post topic for Palestinian isn't Planstein...that's for telling us...;)

moonglow
Feb 2nd 2009, 04:02 PM
Spelling of the post topic for Palestinian isn't Planstein...that's for telling us...;)

Sorry...I have dyslexia and even though I did a spell check on that I word I obviously misread it...part of my reading disability...:rolleyes:

Anyway I hoped this opened people's eyes to realizing not all Palestinian are Muslims...many are Christians...and they are suffering terribly because the Jews and many Christians think only the Jews should be in that land..it comes down to being racial about the whole thing...yet the bible says there is no male, or female or Jew or Gentile but we are all one in Christ...

God bless

Joe King
Feb 2nd 2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering what Planstein was.

rom826
Feb 2nd 2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry...I have dyslexia and even though I did a spell check on that I word I obviously misread it...part of my reading disability...:rolleyes:

Anyway I hoped this opened people's eyes to realizing not all Palestinian are Muslims...many are Christians...and they are suffering terribly because the Jews and many Christians think only the Jews should be in that land..it comes down to being racial about the whole thing...yet the bible says there is no male, or female or Jew or Gentile but we are all one in Christ...

God bless

I would say the Palestinian Christians are suffering terribly because of the continual terrorist attacks which are continually being carried out by Palestian Muslims. But I guess it is not politically correct to say that these days. Islamic terrorists are no longer the enemy of Christians (and all humanity for that matter). It is far more politically correct to blame it on fellow Christians who don't share your point of view. Oh, also we should stop calling it a war on terror anymore. To call it the war on terror is just too offensive to those poor innocent muslims who are the victims of the mean Christians :rolleyes:.

moonglow
Feb 2nd 2009, 08:47 PM
I would say the Palestinian Christians are suffering terribly because of the continual terrorist attacks which are continually being carried out by Palestian Muslims. But I guess it is not politically correct to say that these days. Islamic terrorists are no longer the enemy of Christians (and all humanity for that matter). It is far more politically correct to blame it on fellow Christians who don't share your point of view. Oh, also we should stop calling it a war on terror anymore. To call it the war on terror is just too offensive to those poor innocent muslims who are the victims of the mean Christians :rolleyes:.

I don't believe in being politically correct. And yes I realize the danger these terrorists are to everyone, but I want people to consider this:

From "The Apocalypse Code" by Hank Hanegraaff on Israel becoming a nation again.

"While Christian Zionists see the fact that Jerusalem is now completely in the hands of the Jews as validation for the Bible, nothing could be further from the truth. Even if one ignores the typological fulfillment of Jerusalem in Jesus, the old covenant promise of return to the land is inviolately conditioned upon belief and faithfulness. Modern Israel fails to meet the biblical requirement for return to the land. As Moses unambiguously warned the children of Israel, disobedience against the Lord would result in dispersion (Deuteronomy 28:58-64; 29:23-28), while return to the land requires repentance; "When you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart...then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from the nations where he scattered you" Deuteronomy 30:2-3)

There is no warrant for the Christian Zionists' claims that the recapturing of Jerusalem by modern Israel signifies the preliminary fulfillment of God's promises to Abraham. While one might well defend the right of the secular state of Israel to exist, the contention that the modern state of Israel is a fulfillment of biblical prophecy is indefensible. In truth, since coming under the exclusive control of modern Israel, Jerusalem has demonstrated a far greater resemblance to the harlot city spoken of by the prophets than the holy city spoken of by the psalmists.'"
He makes some interesting points here to consider for sure.

God bless

moonglow
Feb 2nd 2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering what Planstein was.

I would edit the title but the edit button is gone...sorry again about my rotten spelling...:rolleyes:

God bless

quiet dove
Feb 2nd 2009, 08:52 PM
I would edit the title but the edit button is gone...sorry again about my rotten spelling...:rolleyes:

God bless

I cant spell either, I will go in and change the title though. I google a lot and get the spelling for stuff because google always says "did you mean.....", thats the only way I get the spelling on a lot of stuff. I can't spell for squat.

rom826
Feb 2nd 2009, 09:51 PM
I don't believe in being politically correct. And yes I realize the danger these terrorists are to everyone, but I want people to consider this:

From "The Apocalypse Code" by Hank Hanegraaff on Israel becoming a nation again.

"While Christian Zionists see the fact that Jerusalem is now completely in the hands of the Jews as validation for the Bible, nothing could be further from the truth. Even if one ignores the typological fulfillment of Jerusalem in Jesus, the old covenant promise of return to the land is inviolately conditioned upon belief and faithfulness. Modern Israel fails to meet the biblical requirement for return to the land. As Moses unambiguously warned the children of Israel, disobedience against the Lord would result in dispersion (Deuteronomy 28:58-64; 29:23-28), while return to the land requires repentance; "When you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart...then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from the nations where he scattered you" Deuteronomy 30:2-3)

There is no warrant for the Christian Zionists' claims that the recapturing of Jerusalem by modern Israel signifies the preliminary fulfillment of God's promises to Abraham. While one might well defend the right of the secular state of Israel to exist, the contention that the modern state of Israel is a fulfillment of biblical prophecy is indefensible. In truth, since coming under the exclusive control of modern Israel, Jerusalem has demonstrated a far greater resemblance to the harlot city spoken of by the prophets than the holy city spoken of by the psalmists.'"
He makes some interesting points here to consider for sure.

God bless

What exactly are "Christian Zionists"?

Also, I would agree with you that there is a possiblity that the end times viewpoint of many Christians concerning modern Israel might be faulty. However, I do not think that should be turned around to blame the hardship on the Palestinian Christians on other Christians or on the Jewish people. I would still say that the majority of their hardships come from Muslims who persecute them and carry out terrorist attacks. It is absolutely true that many Jews in Israel have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as their messiah and saviour but neither have the 90% of the Palestinians who are Muslim. I pray that there will be some on both sides of the conflict who will accept Jesus Christ as there Lord and savior.

Cyberseeker
Feb 2nd 2009, 09:55 PM
Thank you for raising this matter about Palestinian Christians Moonglow. They are often forgotten by us and yes, we need to pray for them.

:pray:

Colo25
Feb 2nd 2009, 10:24 PM
Thank you for raising this matter about Palestinian Christians Moonglow. They are often forgotten by us and yes, we need to pray for them.

:pray:
I agree with Cyberseeker, they are forgotten, and we need to pray for them. :pray: :pray:. Thank you moonglow for this post

moonglow
Feb 2nd 2009, 11:41 PM
I cant spell either, I will go in and change the title though. I google a lot and get the spelling for stuff because google always says "did you mean.....", thats the only way I get the spelling on a lot of stuff. I can't spell for squat.

Thanks...I know I checked it on google so I don't know how I got that spelling...:rolleyes: The problem with having dyslexia is I cannot sound out words...if it looks right, then I think its right. I did some reading on more recent studies on this reading problem and it seems its not just a 'sight' problem...(seeing the words wrong) but also not hearing them correctly ..not picking up the individual sounds of letters correctly...which adds to the problem of spelling..:rolleyes:

oh well...I constantly work on it but since I am 48 now I kind doubt by the timie I am 80 its going to be much better...:lol:

What exactly are "Christian Zionists"?

Also, I would agree with you that there is a possiblity that the end times viewpoint of many Christians concerning modern Israel might be faulty. However, I do not think that should be turned around to blame the hardship on the Palestinian Christians on other Christians or on the Jewish people. I would still say that the majority of their hardships come from Muslims who persecute them and carry out terrorist attacks. It is absolutely true that many Jews in Israel have not yet accepted Jesus Christ as their messiah and saviour but neither have the 90% of the Palestinians who are Muslim. I pray that there will be some on both sides of the conflict who will accept Jesus Christ as there Lord and savior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism
Christian Zionism, is a belief among some Christians that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, and the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, is in accordance with Biblical prophecy. It overlaps with, but is distinct from, the nineteenth century movement for the Restoration of the Jews to the Holy Land which had both religiously and politically motivated supporters.

Some Christian Zionists believe that the "ingathering" of Jews in Israel is a prerequisite for the Second Coming of Jesus. This belief is primarily, though not exclusively, associated with Christian Dispensationalism. The idea that Christians should actively support a Jewish return to the Land of Israel, along with the parallel idea that the Jews ought to be encouraged to become Christian, as a means fulfilling a Biblical prophecy has been common in Protestant circles since the Reformation.[1][2][3]. The term Christian Zionism was popularized in the mid-twentieth century. Prior to that time the common term was Restorationism.

Here is another interesting site on this view:

http://www.christianzionism.org/AboutN.asp
We are the official website of the Institute for the Study of Christian Zionism which is a group of pastors, academics, students, interested laypersons and a Rabbi who have been disturbed by the growing influence of Christian Zionism on the political scene in America recognizing this ideology to be a major factor in the stalled peace process in Israel / Palestine.

Our critique is offered at two levels: 1) theologically, challenging what we believe to be a distorted interpretation of biblical eschatology which transforms the Prince of Peace into a Vengeful Warrior God. 2) Politically, as we recognize that the theology shaped by this distorted view of scripture too easily morphs into a militaristic, anti-Palestinian, pro-expansionist ideology with negative consequences for all parties in the current conflict.

We offer an alternative biblical view, one that we believe reflects the teachings of Jesus Christ, and God as a God of compassion and justice.

The problem is, yes they all need Jesus...that alone would solve the constant fighting if they followed His teachings of love thy enemy...

Second...the Christian Zionists are making things worse...

http://www.christianzionism.org/
A couple of weeks ago I wrote as to why Christians should not support Israeli aggression on Gaza. Many people responded with totally divergent views. Now is a good time to review what has happened.

The pro-Israeli lobby is the most powerful and cashed up lobby in the US Congress. Supported by fundamentalist Protestants combined with wealthy Jewish citizens, every US administration has been forced into agreeing to support a militarily strong Israel. Under Presidents Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton and Bush Jr. the USA funded Israel for billions of dollars flowing into Israel every year to support the Israeli armed forces. A Jewish population of six million citizens could not afford the largest, most powerful army in the Middle East without the billions of US dollars. In its turn the US has been happy to have another country keeping the Middle Eastern Arab countries in check without interfering with the Arab American oil trade.

Hence the attack on Gaza is a stern warning to Lebanon and the Hizballah and Iran, which funds both Hizballah and Hamas. That lesson to the other countries has cost Gaza at least 2,400 Palestinian dead and 4000 injured, the majority of both the dead and wounded being civilians and children.
more at the link.

God bless

pinky
Feb 2nd 2009, 11:54 PM

God bless

Don't worry about a typo or spelling mistake. That is not the point anyhow.

And thank you for sharing this because over 400,000 Palestinian Christians have been displaced and they seem to be forgotten by us in the west.

Let us pray for them........and the other Christians, muslims and the Jews who live there now.

The path to peace is through the Prince of Peace, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.....and the pattern for peace is in the Gospel of Peace..

BrckBrln
Feb 3rd 2009, 12:27 AM
The pro-Israeli lobby is the most powerful and cashed up lobby in the US Congress.

lolz Israel rules the world! :rofl:

pinky
Feb 3rd 2009, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by moonglow http://bibleforums.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=1968111#post1968111)
The pro-Israeli lobby is the most powerful and cashed up lobby in the US Congress.

lolz Israel rules the world!

Why do you laugh? AIPAC really IS the most powerful and 'cashed up lobby' in the US congress.