PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking forward to?

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 07:12 AM
Hello, everyone! I know sometimes we spend a lot of time on debates of issues, so I thought maybe we could set that aside for just a moment and share with each other the things we're most looking forward to experiencing when we're at last with Jesus in heaven or during the Millennial Kingdom or when the New Heavens/New Earth are made.

For example, I am looking forward to tasting that perfect, crystal-clear water that flows in the New Jerusalem. I love water--I'm a guzzler in fact. The colder, the better. I can hardly wait to taste the real thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the place that Jesus is building for me in the New Jerusalem. I keep sending Him ideas for taking into consideration as He builds it--probably very silly of me, but I know He listens with love and knows more about my desires than I do. I know that what He builds is going to be a million times better than anything that I could dream up. Sometimes I watch the Home Makeover tv show and see the people entering their new homes for the first time and how emotional they are and how extremely awed by what they see. Could that be similar to what we'll be experiencing when we get our first look inside our new homes?

And I'm looking forward to talking with a hero of mine from history--Adrienne de la Fayette. I have lots of questions I'd like to ask her, and most importantly I want to find out if her husband came to know Jesus, as she believed and had faith that he one day would.

Anyway, there are a lot more things I'm looking forward to, but these are just a few at the tip of the iceberg. Please feel free to share your own list of things you're hoping for. It's good to have hope and to build each other up and to take a bit of time out from debate.

Borean
Jan 31st 2009, 07:21 AM
I am most looking for a hug from my Savior. Then I want to see all the people that surprised me because I was so judgmental.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 12:58 PM
I am most looking for a hug from my Savior. Then I want to see all the people that surprised me because I was so judgmental.
Won't that be exquisitely beautiful when we see Jesus face to face and we can get that hug we are longing for? I'm looking forward to it too, Borean!

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 01:20 PM
Here's a couple more things I'm most looking forward to:

1. The biggest concert event of all time! Can you imagine the celebrations we'll be having? I'm hoping we'll get a huge concert from our favorite music artists--all with perfect voices, perfect instruments, perfect acoustics...Ah, the music will be heavenly! Here's another thought too...wouldn't it be exciting to see something like the great historic composer Bach jamming with someone popular today like the Newsboys or DC Talk?

2. Salsa!!!!! I make my own salsa (it's easy to do--just puree 1 cup each of tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions, plus 2 cloves garlic, several leaves of cilantro, and enough salt to your liking), and every time I make it, I think about how perfect it will taste when I make it with the vegetables grown in the new world. Imagine perfect red tomatoes! I think vegetables taste pretty nice in this fallen world--I can't wait to taste them in their perfect state!

bennie
Jan 31st 2009, 02:55 PM
Hello, everyone! I know sometimes we spend a lot of time on debates of issues, so I thought maybe we could set that aside for just a moment and share with each other the things we're most looking forward to experiencing when we're at last with Jesus in heaven or during the Millennial Kingdom or when the New Heavens/New Earth are made.

For example, I am looking forward to tasting that perfect, crystal-clear water that flows in the New Jerusalem. I love water--I'm a guzzler in fact. The colder, the better. I can hardly wait to taste the real thing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the place that Jesus is building for me in the New Jerusalem. I keep sending Him ideas for taking into consideration as He builds it--probably very silly of me, but I know He listens with love and knows more about my desires than I do. I know that what He builds is going to be a million times better than anything that I could dream up. Sometimes I watch the Home Makeover tv show and see the people entering their new homes for the first time and how emotional they are and how extremely awed by what they see. Could that be similar to what we'll be experiencing when we get our first look inside our new homes?

And I'm looking forward to talking with a hero of mine from history--Adrienne de la Fayette. I have lots of questions I'd like to ask her, and most importantly I want to find out if her husband came to know Jesus, as she believed and had faith that he one day would.

Anyway, there are a lot more things I'm looking forward to, but these are just a few at the tip of the iceberg. Please feel free to share your own list of things you're hoping for. It's good to have hope and to build each other up and to take a bit of time out from debate.

hi wombat.

i am looking forward to the holyness of people. when you look in there eyes, and only truth comes from it. There will be no sin, abselutely NO sin. How womderfull will that be.
The rest will be a bonus.

bennie

ktmac
Jan 31st 2009, 03:15 PM
Funny that you have brought that up, as I was just praying about that the other night.
The first thing I look forward to is seeing Lord Jesus and getting my first touch, a hug, or a touch on my head or a squeeze of my hand.
The second thing I look forward to is seeing my great grandma - I know we can't use names, so I won't, but she knows who she is and that I have missed her so terribly. I also look to see my grandpa, he raised me and did a very good job of it.
For me - If I had these 3 things and heaven turned out to be a cardboard box until all of the bad stuff was over I would be forever grateful.
I just want to be with Jesus.
I don't want to be surrounded by what has become of world - not all of it is bad, as there are good Christian people around me and I love the earth that God has made for us to live on, but as of late, it has been changed by a strange shadow, can't quite put my finger on it, but it is there.
Only Christ holds the light on us while we are still down here waiting for him.
Anyhow, that is what I look forward to, anything else would be icing on the cake for me.
Love and Peace

Walking the Walk
Jan 31st 2009, 03:59 PM
Funny I should read this about Home in Heaven...for the past few months I've been dreaming about the home I want down here....but I also know that it will eventually become 'four walls' because no matter what possessions we have we sooner or later out grow them and desire something else....that's the human side of us. But, even though we desire certain things there's always something that will remind us that we are only here temporarily.

HisLeast
Jan 31st 2009, 04:00 PM
Oblivion. Just closing my eyes and being done with everything.

Marjiealm
Jan 31st 2009, 04:16 PM
Wow Wombat,
This was a great post.

What I'm looking forward to the most is seeing Christ in all his glory. I know there will be no more tears, but I'm sure I will cry for pure joy!

I'm also looking forward to walking along the golden road, and breathing in the beauty of the surroundings. Not ever worrying about wars, violence, or anything.

I'm looking forward to praising & worshipping our Lord face to face!

"We Shall Behold Him!" - Sandi Patti --- (Now I'll not get that song out of my head for the next week!)

PTL

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 09:15 PM
hi wombat. i am looking forward to the holyness of people. when you look in there eyes, and only truth comes from it. There will be no sin, abselutely NO sin. How womderfull will that be.
The rest will be a bonus. bennie
That will indeed be wonderful, Bennie! Nothing for anyone to hide, nothing for anyone to fear from one another.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 09:33 PM
The second thing I look forward to is seeing my great grandma - I know we can't use names, so I won't, but she knows who she is and that I have missed her so terribly. I also look to see my grandpa, he raised me and did a very good job of it.
Can you imagine the incredible family reunions, Ktmac? We'll be reunited with family members we've been missing, we'll be meeting ancestors who we didn't maybe even know existed, and some of us will even find children or grandchildren that have been carried by God's hands, innocents that did not survive their short time on earth, eager to be loved and surrounded by a harmonious family.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 09:41 PM
Funny I should read this about Home in Heaven...for the past few months I've been dreaming about the home I want down here....but I also know that it will eventually become 'four walls' because no matter what possessions we have we sooner or later out grow them and desire something else....that's the human side of us. But, even though we desire certain things there's always something that will remind us that we are only here temporarily.
Good point, Walking the Walk! We're just passing through, heading to our permanent home with Jesus!

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 09:44 PM
Oblivion. Just closing my eyes and being done with everything.
That will be the perfect rest, won't it? Absolutely no stress anymore!

paradiseinn
Jan 31st 2009, 09:46 PM
i'm looking forward to be in a world where there is no sin influence.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 09:52 PM
"We Shall Behold Him!" - Sandi Patti --- (Now I'll not get that song out of my head for the next week!)
Yes, I recognize that song, Marjiealm! One of my old favorites!

Joe King
Jan 31st 2009, 09:55 PM
I know it's selfish and worldly, but I am most looking forward to have been "right". Maybe I will forget about that entirely when seeing the glory of God.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 10:01 PM
i'm looking forward to be in a world where there is no sin influence.
That will be wonderful, Paradiseinn! No anger or hatred or greed or any other evil around us.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 10:10 PM
I know it's selfish and worldly, but I am most looking forward to have been "right". Maybe I will forget about that entirely when seeing the glory of God.
We'll be able to thank God for giving us the strength to believe and hope and trust in Him even when the world told us we were "full of beans" (to put it more mildly than it sometimes feels like).

ScottJohnson
Jan 31st 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm looking forward to when this corruptible puts on incorruptible and this perishable puts on imperishable.

I look forward to an end to my struggle with sin.

I look forward to an end to death.

And I look forward to meeting the One that made it all possible.

wombat
Jan 31st 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm looking forward to when this corruptible puts on incorruptible and this perishable puts on imperishable.
I look forward to an end to my struggle with sin.
I look forward to an end to death.
And I look forward to meeting the One that made it all possible.
Amen, ScottJohnson!

livingwaters
Jan 31st 2009, 11:00 PM
Yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! It goes something like this:

I'd Rather Have Jesus

I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I'd rather be His than have riches untold;
I'd rather have Jesus than houses or lands.
I'd rather be led by His nail-pierced hand....

Then to be the king of a vast domain
Or be held in sin's dread sway.
I'd rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.

I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause;
I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I'd rathe have Jesus than wolrdwide fame.
I'd rather be true to His holy name...

He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all that my hungering spirit needs,
I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead....

Oh, I just want to wash HIS feet and tell HIM how much I love HIM!!!!

quiet dove
Feb 1st 2009, 12:12 AM
Here ya go. A song for ya on You Tube

BJ Thomas, "Home Where I Belong" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQgx98jmZQ)

I can't wait to be there.

catlover
Feb 1st 2009, 12:25 AM
What a great question! I am looking forward to talking to people like Moses, Abraham, Paul, etc. And, of course, Jesus Himself. Or will I be able to talk at all. I'm pretty star struck!!!!!

wombat
Feb 1st 2009, 06:02 AM
Oh, I just want to wash HIS feet and tell HIM how much I love HIM!!!!

Can't you just imagine how wonderful that will be? I know how many of us are waiting for that moment when we can have that hug or see that smile or get to bow in speechless awe at Jesus' feet--that moment when we're face to face with Him at last!

wombat
Feb 1st 2009, 06:03 AM

Thanks, Quiet Dove--a beautiful song!

wombat
Feb 1st 2009, 06:09 AM
What a great question! I am looking forward to talking to people like Moses, Abraham, Paul, etc. And, of course, Jesus Himself. Or will I be able to talk at all. I'm pretty star struck!!!!!
Won't it be wonderful inviting our heroes to dinner at the home Jesus has made for us? Asking questions, listening to their stories, thanking them for the influence they've had on our lives... and enjoying the best pot of black tea in the history of mankind?

Kudo Shinichi
Feb 1st 2009, 12:09 PM
No crime anymore....
No crying, all tears wiped away and no pain....
Not under temptation....
No more wars or killing...
No more cults, or weird events happening....:idea:

wombat
Feb 1st 2009, 05:39 PM
No crime anymore....
No crying, all tears wiped away and no pain....
Not under temptation....
No more wars or killing...
No more cults, or weird events happening....:idea:
Perfect peace, Shinichi Kudo! Never again a reason to be afraid!

Marjiealm
Feb 1st 2009, 05:50 PM

Wow, quiet dove ... I haven't heard that song since I was in the youth group "20 some years ago". Now that you have me on an "Imperial" kick ... gotta listen to the "Trumpet of Jesus" on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBaXneE9o70&feature=related

I had no idea they had those songs on there! :lol:

Christian Sweetie
Feb 1st 2009, 08:58 PM
I can't wait to give Jesus the biggest hug I can possibly muster. I've been dreaming about it. I don't know how I'll be able to let go though, I'll probably follow Him around everywhere! Actually, I did pledge to Him that I would follow Him around for 1000 years. I can't wait to talk to Him!

I look forward to seeing my family and all my Christian brothers and sisters. I can't wait to meet Paul and Peter and John, and some of my political influences. We'll have so much fun just chatting away.

And I can't wait to make the perfect cake! I love to cook! I am anticipating the ingrediants in Heaven I'll have access to! You're all invited! :D

Here's a couple more things I'm most looking forward to:

1. The biggest concert event of all time! Can you imagine the celebrations we'll be having? I'm hoping we'll get a huge concert from our favorite music artists--all with perfect voices, perfect instruments, perfect acoustics...Ah, the music will be heavenly! Here's another thought too...wouldn't it be exciting to see something like the great historic composer Bach jamming with someone popular today like the Newsboys or DC Talk?

Oh yeah, I was thinking that too! I'll definitley be rocking out! It'll be so amazing to see all the greats of history just come together!

Just thinking about this is getting me really excited!

quiet dove
Feb 1st 2009, 09:00 PM
Wow, quiet dove ... I haven't heard that song since I was in the youth group "20 some years ago". Now that you have me on an "Imperial" kick ... gotta listen to the "Trumpet of Jesus" on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBaXneE9o70&feature=related

I had no idea they had those songs on there! :lol:

yea, it was news to me too.:lol:

Partaker of Christ
Feb 1st 2009, 09:38 PM
The great multitude, which no man could number, stood before His Throne, crying out in a loud voice "Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb"

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
Rev 7:11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
Rev 7:12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

Colo25
Feb 2nd 2009, 02:15 AM
I am most exctied about worshiping at the feet of my Savior!! I cry when I think about it! How wonderful to even stand in his presence! I just cry and shake my head when I think about it. I am so not worthy of being in his presence but cannot wait until I am there to worship him. I worship him evry day, but I cannot even fathom how it would be to be in his presence to cry and bow down at his feet and worship. Ok now Im repeating myself, but thats how excited I get thinking about it!
If were talking about The Mellinnial Kingdom, I hope I can be the one to walk around and groom and tend to the animals. I know God will provide all they need, but I would like to be part of it, I just love animals.
(excuse the spelling today folks, I am having a hard time spelling)
ysic,
Colo

wombat
Feb 2nd 2009, 02:43 AM
And I can't wait to make the perfect cake! I love to cook! I am anticipating the ingrediants in Heaven I'll have access to! You're all invited! :DJust thinking about this is getting me really excited!
I love to cook too--and I'll take you up on that invitation! Maybe I can bring an entree and you can provide the cake! :saint:

wombat
Feb 2nd 2009, 02:48 AM
The great multitude, which no man could number, stood before His Throne, crying out in a loud voice "Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb"

Awesome, Partaker of Christ!

wombat
Feb 2nd 2009, 02:59 AM
If were talking about The Mellinnial Kingdom, I hope I can be the one to walk around and groom and tend to the animals. I know God will provide all they need, but I would like to be part of it, I just love animals.Colo
I love animals, too, Colo25! I look forward to the time when the lions will be as tame as the lambs. Can you imagine giving a great big old lion a hug around its neck and feeling its hairy mane all over your face? Or petting a polar bear? Or playing fetch with a wolf? That's going to be fun!

yoSAMite
Feb 2nd 2009, 04:16 AM
Hello, everyone! I know sometimes we spend a lot of time on debates of issues, so I thought maybe we could set that aside for just a moment and share with each other the things we're most looking forward to experiencing when we're at last with Jesus in heaven or during the Millennial Kingdom or when the New Heavens/New Earth are made. Well done my good and faithful servant.

theBelovedDisciple
Feb 4th 2009, 07:35 PM
It will be 'seeing His Face' for the first time.. and talking and chatting with John the Baptist, Abraham, Lazarus, Elijah, Moses, Mary Magdelene, Mary, Joseph, the theif on the Cross.. Adam and Eve... Abel...... and then it will become reality.. that all these Saints... spoken about in the Scriptures... will have one thing in common... that they were just plain ordinary folk... like myself and those He has chosen... nothing famous or spectacular.. but Sinners Saved by His Grace thru Faith... and the One thing we all have in Common is that we Have Him.. and that He Chose us... and that Thru Him.. we will be living Forever and Forever....

We 'know' today.. those led by the Holy Ghost.. that God put on flesh.. in the Person of Jesus the Christ... but in that day we will realize it is True... for we shall see Him face to face.....

as He said to Thomas... as he touched His wounds in that upper room...

Thomas you have 'seen' and 'believed'... but blessed are those who have not seen...'yet' Believed....

Dani H
Feb 5th 2009, 03:22 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing my Father's face.

Every time I think about it, something inside me starts bouncing up and down and I want to laugh and I want to cry ... I want to see Him NOW.

I wonder if He will let me sit on His lap for a millenia or two?

RUN2GOD
Feb 5th 2009, 04:32 AM
I am looking forward to knowing everyone there will be believers in the One True God and in His Son Jesus Christ. No more heartache every time I hear of anyone not believing. All glory will go to the One who deserves it.

Roelof
Feb 5th 2009, 04:09 PM
wombat

This is a very postive thread compared to the clinical and cold posts I post everyday on the world news events !!!

I still love my ministry on the forum

sunsetssplendor
Feb 6th 2009, 06:00 PM
I look forward to singing with the angels or at least being in a choir if my voice doesn't meet their standards. :lol: I'm talking spine chilling songs to our Lord that make you laugh, cry, dance and shout!

I look forward to the books. I envision books/ libraries lining the walls up to the ceiling for all of the writers and readers like myself.

I look forward to seeing all of the children, healthy happy and playing. It's going to be a glorious time.

IamRyan
Feb 9th 2009, 04:30 AM
I can't wait to give Jesus the biggest hug I can possibly muster. I've been dreaming about it. I don't know how I'll be able to let go though, I'll probably follow Him around everywhere! Actually, I did pledge to Him that I would follow Him around for 1000 years. I can't wait to talk to Him!

I look forward to seeing my family and all my Christian brothers and sisters. I can't wait to meet Paul and Peter and John, and some of my political influences. We'll have so much fun just chatting away.

And I can't wait to make the perfect cake! I love to cook! I am anticipating the ingrediants in Heaven I'll have access to! You're all invited! :D

Oh yeah, I was thinking that too! I'll definitley be rocking out! It'll be so amazing to see all the greats of history just come together!

Just thinking about this is getting me really excited!

Yes, I am excited for the awesome meetings with tons of baked goods to be had. I'll bring a crazy good dessert called "The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford." Its a layered thing with a graham crust with vanilla and chocolate pudding layers mixed in with a bunch of cool whip. Soooo good. So I'll send out the eviatation and everybody can RSVP to my pad.

sherryt
Feb 10th 2009, 04:52 AM
Wonderful thread people. Most beautiful. Quite soothing for people to read.
Thank you.
I look forward to all you have mentioned...haven't really stopped before to think (in detail) about what I was looking forward to...glad I stopped.

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 03:38 AM
Well done my good and faithful servant.
Hi, Khoolaid! Won't those be wonderful words to hear?

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 03:58 AM
It will be 'seeing His Face' for the first time.. and talking and chatting with John the Baptist, Abraham, Lazarus, Elijah, Moses, Mary Magdelene, Mary, Joseph, the theif on the Cross.. Adam and Eve... Abel......
Hi, TheBelovedDisciple! I can hardly wait for meeting all of these people--and I'm adding Nehemiah to my list too. I was just reading the Book of Nehemiah the other day, and though I've read it before, this time my heart was especially touched by the prayers he offered to God at various points in his writing. And, on a humorous note, I think it's a really good thing that our sin nature will be completely gone when we get there, because I think we all could probably admit that right now we have some serious beefs toward Adam and Eve. With our sin natures gone, we won't be inclined to do any tarring and feathering! :lol:

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:06 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing my Father's face.

Every time I think about it, something inside me starts bouncing up and down and I want to laugh and I want to cry ... I want to see Him NOW.

I wonder if He will let me sit on His lap for a millenia or two?
Hi, DaniHansen! We'll have eternity before us, so I don't think a millennia or two is too much to ask, do you?

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:09 AM
I am looking forward to knowing everyone there will be believers in the One True God and in His Son Jesus Christ. No more heartache every time I hear of anyone not believing. All glory will go to the One who deserves it.
Yes, RUN2GOD, that will indeed be wonderful! We'll all be true brothers and sisters!

Dani H
Feb 11th 2009, 04:12 AM
Hi, DaniHansen! We'll have eternity before us, so I don't think a millennia or two is too much to ask, do you?

No but I get the feeling there's going to be competition.

Y'all are just going to have to take numbers and wait. I'm calling dibs on the lap sitting. :D

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:19 AM
wombat
This is a very postive thread compared to the clinical and cold posts I post everyday on the world news events !!!
I still love my ministry on the forum
Thank you, Roelof, but you never have to be sorry about your world news posts, my friend! I look forward to reading them every time I come to the Forums, and you are ministering by keeping us all up-to-date on what is happening in the world.

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile--I've been battling a severe cold that I was just told is actually bronchitis, so I've been doing a lot of resting. This is another thing that I am especially looking forward to: never having a cold or the flu or bronchitis or any other sickness again! Perfect health will be so wonderful--and you really start thinking about that when you've been sick for awhile. I can't even imagine how our brothers and sisters who suffer with terrible diseases, cancer, crippling conditions, and the like must be looking forward to that day.

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:25 AM
I look forward to the books. I envision books/ libraries lining the walls up to the ceiling for all of the writers and readers like myself.
Hi, Sunsetssplendor! That is something I hadn't even thought about yet--how exciting! I have been a bookworm since the age of 4. Can you imagine the library we'll have?

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:27 AM
Yes, I am excited for the awesome meetings with tons of baked goods to be had. I'll bring a crazy good dessert called "The Next Best Thing to Robert Redford." Its a layered thing with a graham crust with vanilla and chocolate pudding layers mixed in with a bunch of cool whip. Soooo good. So I'll send out the eviatation and everybody can RSVP to my pad.
That sounds like quite a treat, IamRyan! Please don't forget me when you send out those invitations!

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:31 AM
Wonderful thread people. Most beautiful. Quite soothing for people to read.
Thank you.
I look forward to all you have mentioned...haven't really stopped before to think (in detail) about what I was looking forward to...glad I stopped.
We're glad you stopped by, too, Sherryt! Drop by any time!

wombat
Feb 11th 2009, 04:32 AM

Y'all are just going to have to take numbers and wait. I'm calling dibs on the lap sitting. :D
I'm second! :spin:

IamRyan
Feb 13th 2009, 12:49 AM
That sounds like quite a treat, IamRyan! Please don't forget me when you send out those invitations!

Haha, I won't...

tundra
Feb 13th 2009, 01:48 AM

My feeling is there will be room for all on His lap, considering the entire universe spans the breadth of His hand!! :pp

Great posts everyone, they have really blessed me. I can't wait to talk / worship with / hang out with you all in person on that great day :)

markedward
Feb 13th 2009, 02:04 AM
I look back to it all, and I thank God for His grace and love in keeping His promises.

Dani H
Feb 13th 2009, 02:14 AM
I look back to it all, and I thank God for His grace and love in keeping His promises.

So you're looking forward to looking back? :)

Roelof
Feb 13th 2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry I haven't posted for awhile--I've been battling a severe cold that I was just told is actually bronchitis, so I've been doing a lot of resting.

Dear Father

I pray for the bronchitis of my friend wombat:

O Jehovah my God, I cried to You, and You have healed me. (Psa 30:2)

In the Name of Jesus
Amen

wombat
Feb 13th 2009, 03:11 PM
Great posts everyone, they have really blessed me. I can't wait to talk / worship with / hang out with you all in person on that great day :)
Hi, Tundra! That's going to be so wonderful to meet everyone we've been talking to here in the Forums!

wombat
Feb 13th 2009, 03:12 PM
Amen, Markedward! God is so faithful!

wombat
Feb 13th 2009, 03:14 PM
Dear Father

I pray for the bronchitis of my friend wombat:

O Jehovah my God, I cried to You, and You have healed me. (Psa 30:2)

In the Name of Jesus
Amen
Thank you for praying for me, Roelof! I appreciate it very much!

RabbiKnife
Feb 13th 2009, 03:52 PM
I look forward to a little chat with an angel when the angel says "So, please, tell me...what does if feel like to be redeemed? I was just created, never purchased..."

markedward
Feb 13th 2009, 07:24 PM
So you're looking forward to looking back? :)Not quite......

wombat
Feb 13th 2009, 10:24 PM
I look forward to a little chat with an angel when the angel says "So, please, tell me...what does if feel like to be redeemed? I was just created, never purchased..."
Hi, RabbiKnife! I can imagine we'll have some very interesting conversations with the angels. I want to ask my guardian angel how many times he had to save my neck from trouble I didn't even know about.

Dravenhawk
Feb 14th 2009, 09:58 PM
I look forward to being able to hang with God and Jesus just chillin and hearing His voice as comfort. Living in a world with no pain, no sorrow, no lonliness, no mean people where everyone is nice, no need for money because God provides all of what you need and then some. Everyone equal no one person any better than anyone else. So much to look forward to. I am glad He is coming soon.

Dravenhawk

wombat
Feb 16th 2009, 12:30 AM
I look forward to being able to hang with God and Jesus just chillin and hearing His voice as comfort. Living in a world with no pain, no sorrow, no lonliness, no mean people where everyone is nice, no need for money because God provides all of what you need and then some. Everyone equal no one person any better than anyone else. So much to look forward to. I am glad He is coming soon.
Dravenhawk
Amen to that, Dravenhawk! This will be true rest, true comfort, true peace!

possumliving
Feb 16th 2009, 08:52 PM
What I'm looking forward to most? No more grief! No more tears! No more sadness! I am sick and tired of losing the people I love to the apostasy. I am sick and tired of saying good-bye to people I love.

The next thing, is total peace and joy without it being disturbed at all.

Third, singing!

Fourth, maybe a fishin pole and a nice stream.

My heart's Desire
Feb 17th 2009, 04:44 AM
I just want to see the Lord. My head has in it the picture of Jesus with the child sitting in His lap and I so want to be that child, just once and to embrace all the love He has for me that I'm only feeling a minute part of here in the world.

My heart's Desire
Feb 17th 2009, 05:04 AM
Actually this thread brings back memories that make me cry. I am middle aged and I'll always remember my one Grandfather who when I was at the most 3 or 4 yrs old walked with me in a yard of sunflowers that stood almost higher than my head. He is the one who taught me "Amazing Grace". We sang together all the time. Perhaps it is he who started my road to Salvation in Christ. I only remember that time with him and it was so long ago and so I just want to see him and say "Thank You". Thank you so much for beginning my lifetime spiritual journey that lead me to the Saviour. Looking back, I'm so glad I've taught my Granddaughter so many Christian worship songs now. Maybe I'll be the starting point of her spiritual journey too.

wombat
Feb 18th 2009, 01:37 AM
What I'm looking forward to most? Fourth, maybe a fishin pole and a nice stream.
Hi, Possumliving! I'm betting we're going to have the whole universe to explore, complete with those beautiful streams you're looking forward to, great forests and mountains for those of us who love to hike, fabulous snowy slopes for those who love to ski or board, awesome sandy beaches, giant caves and cliffs and lakes and trees--and a whole lot of environments we've never known before! I can't wait to get into exploring God's creation!

wombat
Feb 18th 2009, 01:52 AM
Actually this thread brings back memories that make me cry. I am middle aged and I'll always remember my one Grandfather who when I was at the most 3 or 4 yrs old walked with me in a yard of sunflowers that stood almost higher than my head. He is the one who taught me "Amazing Grace". We sang together all the time. Perhaps it is he who started my road to Salvation in Christ. I only remember that time with him and it was so long ago and so I just want to see him and say "Thank You". Thank you so much for beginning my lifetime spiritual journey that lead me to the Saviour. Looking back, I'm so glad I've taught my Granddaughter so many Christian worship songs now. Maybe I'll be the starting point of her spiritual journey too.
Amen to that, My Heart's Desire! How wonderful it will be to thank those people who've taught us, loved us, prayed for us, gave so generously to us, and demonstrated God's love and power to us. I've got a list of people to seek out, and it feels good to remember them. Sometimes I get lonesome for them, and I ask the Lord to give them a message for me, just to tell them I love them and I'm missing them and I can't wait to be with them.

CoffeeCat
Feb 18th 2009, 02:49 AM
I think I'm most looking forward to knowing for certain that, despite the odds and the struggle, I made it Home for eternity thanks completely to the grace and mercy of God..... that moment of realization will hit me as literally the greatest relief I'll ever know, and the deepest thankfulness. And I'm sure many, many believers around me will feel that same awe-filled relief and thanks.

GivenGrace
Feb 18th 2009, 03:13 AM
Looking forward to just sitting at the feet of Jesus and spending time with family and friends who have already gone to heaven. I will not miss this world at all.

wombat
Feb 20th 2009, 03:49 AM
I think I'm most looking forward to knowing for certain that, despite the odds and the struggle, I made it Home for eternity thanks completely to the grace and mercy of God..... that moment of realization will hit me as literally the greatest relief I'll ever know, and the deepest thankfulness. And I'm sure many, many believers around me will feel that same awe-filled relief and thanks.
I agree, CoffeeCat! Sometimes I think about what I would be right now if Jesus had not saved me--a very scary thought. I will be breathing that huge sigh of relief right along with you when we're finally with Jesus and safe from the world's traps!

wombat
Feb 20th 2009, 03:59 AM
I will not miss this world at all.
Hi, GivenGrace! Here's a great Bible verse that speaks about that very thing: Isaiah 65:17 "Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth--so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore."

TrophyofGrace
Apr 26th 2009, 07:20 PM
Rev*21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I am looking forward to being completely free from sin!

wombat
Apr 27th 2009, 03:57 AM
I am looking forward to being completely free from sin!
Me too, TrophyofGrace! I can't even imagine what that will feel like to finally be free!

wrldstrman
Apr 30th 2009, 06:47 AM
Some of my thoughts are. We will know everyone. While we are here we seem to be boxed into thinking family is mom, dad, sister, brother, aunts, uncles etc are our family. We should actually feel the same sadness and pray for every single person on the planet and think of them the same as family.

I hope we dont know people as we do down here. I wouldnt want to think people are going to run around saying wow i was talking to elvis or any other worldly hero. Ive had enough of all the hero worship here I can stand.

Im looking foward to all memory of this life here being wiped out. Ive just seen and heard so many things in my life I want no memory of. And any thoughts of things here I dont think would fit into Gods kingdom.

Mostly I looking foward to being under the one ture king Jesus. It wont be like here. well we want it this way, we want it that way, it will be Jesus way. Which he knows best and everything will be grand.

NewLifeinChrist
Apr 30th 2009, 01:32 PM
There are so many things I'm looking forward to!! First, I just want to run into my Savior's arms and just cry out, "THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU!!" Other things I'm looking forward to: getting a new body, being reunited with loved ones & meeting other fellow believers, singing "Amazing Grace" with Reggie White (don't ask :lol:), enjoying life without any more sin, never being afraid or sad, being able to see all the animals up close, enjoying the beauty of God's creations as they were meant to be and reigning with my Savior forever!

When I really think about it all, it gets me very excited and emotional!

wombat
Apr 30th 2009, 01:34 PM
Some of my thoughts are. We will know everyone. While we are here we seem to be boxed into thinking family is mom, dad, sister, brother, aunts, uncles etc are our family. We should actually feel the same sadness and pray for every single person on the planet and think of them the same as family.
Hi, Wrldstrman! This will be so wonderful to have true peace with all of our brothers and sisters in Jesus! We will truly be one big happy family. No more envy, biases, quarrelling, or any other thing that causes separation.

wombat
Apr 30th 2009, 01:42 PM
being able to see all the animals up close, enjoying the beauty of God's creations as they were meant to be
Hi, NewLifeinChrist! This is something I am especially looking forward to, as well. Can you imagine being face to face with a mama lion or a bear and knowing that it would not try to attack you, even if you picked up and held one of its babies? I can't wait for the animals to be at peace with us (and for us to be at peace with the animals). You can be sure I'm going to be petting the tigers, playing fetch with the wolves, and climbing trees with the monkeys!

NewLifeinChrist
Apr 30th 2009, 03:42 PM
Can you imagine being face to face with a mama lion or a bear and knowing that it would not try to attack you, even if you picked up and held one of its babies? I can't wait for the animals to be at peace with us (and for us to be at peace with the animals). You can be sure I'm going to be petting the tigers, playing fetch with the wolves, and climbing trees with the monkeys!

I'd love to see if I could run as fast as a cheetah! LOL. It would also make me so happy to see zebras & other animals not having to run for their lives against a hungry pack of lions. I'd love to be able to walk with a Puma and a lamb together to a flowing crystal clear stream that hasn't been polluted by man dumping trash or chemicals in it.

Right now I'm deathly afraid of snakes. To be able to lose that fear will be awesome!!

Jerome1
Apr 30th 2009, 09:01 PM
I most looking forward to meeting Elvis.