PDA

View Full Version : God's Intention

mikebr
Jan 31st 2009, 12:15 PM
What is God's ultimate intention? Can we know?

Brother Mark
Jan 31st 2009, 03:36 PM
IMO, to have a vast family of believers that have had the cross of Christ worked into them so that they are conformed into His image and to enjoy them forever as he reveals himself through them and to them.

Sirus
Jan 31st 2009, 05:26 PM
The 'purpose' and 'will' of God in Romans 9, that Christ come in the flesh. Called the "mystery of Christ" so that all things would be in Him.

Gregg
Jan 31st 2009, 05:39 PM

That he loves us so much as to want to share the best thing (which is him) with us for eternity. This is not because he needs us to be fullfilled but as a gift to us so that we might be.

crossnote
Feb 1st 2009, 07:02 AM

Is there an 'ultimate' with God? Wouldn't that infer an end point with an Infinite Being? Sort of an oxymoron to me.

Borean
Feb 1st 2009, 07:50 AM
Surely the Lord God will do nothing except He reveal it to His servants the prophets.

Intention always for our good, even if it seems or even is harsh. A woman I respect very much said God loves us more than He loves our immediate happiness.

Now I *really* need to go to bed...I hate being tired in church...you'd think I enjoyed it the hours I stay up!!!:(
Good night...er, morning.

dan
Feb 4th 2009, 01:45 PM
...Test His Creation in order to weed out those of poor character.

Partaker of Christ
Feb 4th 2009, 02:47 PM
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all

Bernie
Feb 4th 2009, 03:18 PM
Almost certainly not, beyond what He reveals to us. A common error in debate about spiritual things imo is the human application of what God can and cannot do to logical arguments. These are interesting, to be sure, but ultimately a finite mind has no real business "logically" deciding what an infinite mind can or cannot do. As long as we all realize that such arguments are more an intellectual exercise than a grasp on real truth and not apply to them more weight than they deserve, we'll do okay.

I do think it's God's revealed intention to restore all creation eventually to its originial perfection.

Toymom
Feb 5th 2009, 03:21 AM
IMO, to have a vast family of believers that have had the cross of Christ worked into them so that they are conformed into His image and to enjoy them forever as he reveals himself through them and to them.
:pp
Amen!

Great answer!

God's eternal purpose is to have a group of people who are filled with Him as life to express Him and represent Him.