PDA

View Full Version : Were We MINi GODS?

CjSoReLFoReaL
Jan 31st 2009, 07:14 PM
Before Man fell what were we like?Adam was to take care of the garden of eden....Garden of eden is probely about the size of New York...How was he suppose to take care of it if he wasnt giving power over it....i bet he could teleport to the different parts and summon the rain to fall on it and much more....

And before the fall we could talk to animals or nature? Seen with Eve talking to the serpernt..

I just wonder what we were like?And how much power did GOD give us.....WEre we like mini GODS?....Created by him and like him?

Fresco
Jan 31st 2009, 07:17 PM
Before Man fell what were we like?Adam was to take care of the garden of eden....Garden of eden is probely about the size of New York...How was he suppose to take care of it if he wasnt giving power over it....i bet he could teleport to the different parts and summon the rain to fall on it and much more....

And before the fall we could talk to animals or nature? Seen with Eve talking to the serpernt..

I just wonder what we were like?And how much power did GOD give us.....WEre we like mini GODS?....Created by him and like him?
AFAIK the serpent was Satan, who is a (fallen) angel, not some animal.

But there is a verse in the Bible that says some humans were godlike, and God didnt mind it when they proclaimed themselves to be God.
Too lazy to look up the exact verse, maybe someone else can

Joe King
Jan 31st 2009, 09:50 PM
We ARE mini-Gods. We have all the spiritual gifts through the father by way of the son and Holy Spirit.

Toymom
Jan 31st 2009, 10:50 PM
We are created in God's image. Adam named all of the animals and I imagine he may have been able to communicate with them as well. Before the fall, Adam and Eve were made as God intended for man to be but they did not yet have God living in them as their life. It was God's desire that they would eat from the tree of life and take Him in as their life, but since they did not and chose instead to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, the way to the tree of life was blocked from them. In one sense, all regenerated Christians are "mini-Gods" since we have God as our life and life supply dwelling within us transforming us into His image, but that is only in life and nature, not in the Godhead, not in the sense of sharing in God's authority and not in being equal to God, which is what Satan tried and we see where that got him. God's intention is to have a group of people who are filled with Him as our life so that we will express and represent Him.

theBelovedDisciple
Jan 31st 2009, 11:52 PM
Well I certainly don't consider myself a 'mini-God'...

I'm a Sinner Saved by His Grace thru Faith...
and this not of myself... but His Gift.... to me... pure and unadulterated.... for Eternity...

I consider and 'know' that I'm a 'child' of the King.... a 'son' thru Adoption.... a 'co-heir' with Christ Himself....

Yes as a Born Again Christian I have been given freely the Gifts of the Spirit.. those He has given to me help me thru. to 'fight the good fight of faith'...... to Strengthen me.. to help edify others in their walk...

I'm still flesh and blood.. and this flesh and blood on a daily basis gets older.. and it WILL return to the dust.. only to someday be 'quickened' and reunited with my soul and spirit.. to have a Glorified Body like His... when that happens then my body will be just like Jesus's... and when my flesh and blood gets older on a day to basis. my inner man is 'renewed' and 'strengthened' daily.. as I walk in Him .. thru the Power of His Spirit...

does this make me a 'mini God'... I dont think so...

I'm still flesh and blood.. which shall return to the dust only to one day have a Glorified Body like His.. and yes this even means the 'Redemption of the body'.. so that death will be but a faded memory.. having no more power over it...

I wonder if people who consider themselves to be 'mini Gods'.. who are you going to worship when you get to Heaven..

there is Only One God in Heaven.... Those three that Bear Witness.. The Father, the Word, and the Spirit...

I often wonder about those who consider themselves to be 'mini Gods' or 'little Gods' as some others testitfy... who are you going to Worship?

CjSoReLFoReaL
Feb 1st 2009, 06:02 AM
Well I certainly don't consider myself a 'mini-God'...

Im not talking about our current situation which man has failed...IM talking before MAN fell...And im talking about Adams power before it....BEFore he had to work by the toil of his FACE

Kudo Shinichi
Feb 1st 2009, 12:32 PM
I don't think the term "mini gods" sound right...because it's GOD's grace that He adopted us into HIS family!!! http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=56&chapter=1&verse=5&version=31&context=verse It's started in Genesis 3 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=3&version=31 when the serpent tempt Eve to taste the fruit in the middle of Garden of Eden...

Joe King
Feb 1st 2009, 07:43 PM
We are made in HIS likeness. Am I saying to worship one another? NO!

PeterJ
Feb 1st 2009, 08:10 PM
No its not biblical.

ears2hear
Feb 1st 2009, 08:31 PM
No its not biblical.

Amen.
The Holy Spirit in me screams "DANGER!"

Jesus couldn't even grasp the awesomeness of God... When we start giving us titles like Little Christs ( I have heard that) and Mini Gods..we are in trouble. I figure that's why Satan did what he did.:P So..not willing to entertain the idea or even go there!

Joe King
Feb 1st 2009, 09:03 PM
Amen.
The Holy Spirit in me screams "DANGER!"

Jesus couldn't even grasp the awesomeness of God...

Are you serious???

threebigrocks
Feb 1st 2009, 09:13 PM
We ARE mini-Gods. We have all the spiritual gifts through the father by way of the son and Holy Spirit.

Our condition now, in being vessels for the Spirit through faith because we are in Christ, doesn't make us God, god or gods. It makes us a fleshy being, blood bought by the Son, indwelled by the Spirit. We are simply a vessel, waiting, hoping for immortality as mortals. Hardly a Godly quality for the great I AM. God is God. We are not, nor will we ever be.

ears2hear
Feb 1st 2009, 10:12 PM
Are you serious???

Sorry, wrong word.

theBelovedDisciple
Feb 2nd 2009, 04:34 PM
Im not talking about our current situation which man has failed...IM talking before MAN fell...And im talking about Adams power before it....BEFore he had to work by the toil of his FACE

My post was directed at the poster who stated .. we ARE mini Gods..

To address your question about the Garden...

God created man out of the dust.. of the earth.. and He created woman out of the man...

In the Beginning Adam and Eve were not suppose to die.. they were to live in Communion with God forever.. They were created in the Image of God and His likeness... but were they a 'mini' God???. I dont think so...

The question arose about the sons of God... this is evident in Job.. and satan was among them... I believe the sons of God refer to 'angelic beings'.. angels... remember now.. they are a above 'man'... they are supernatural beings... were they created in the likeness and image of God.. the Bible does not say so.. only 'man' was.. but was he/she equal to God? no... and neither were they considered a 'mini God'....

the only created being that ever 'considered' or 'thought' he was like God was satan.. he stiill thinks that today.. he believes that he will exalt his throne above the throne of God... the 'creature' believes he is greater and stronger than the Creator... this is the 'lie'.. that was hissed in the Garden.. and its still evident today... and he still 'hisses' in the ear of those who will take his bait... 'you can 'be like God' or 'as Gods'.....

Why does satan hate man? because man was created in the image and likeness of God.. is man on the same level of God? no.. man is the Creation... and God is the Creator........ can man 'understand things about God and who He is? can he/she be in communition with God again? oh Yes.. thru His Son Jesus the Christ.. this is why Jesus came... but to 'equate' yourself as a 'mini' God is not Biblical.. this would mean that you are on the same level as Jesus Himself.. Pure and without Sin..if you are then why did He have to go to the Cross and Give His life as a Ransom.. that would be useless... and yes.. you still do stumble and fall as a Born Again Christian.. but you have an Advocate.. Jesus Himself.. who stands between you and the wrath of the Accuser who considers himself to be God..

this is what made satan furious and jealous and it still does today.... was the fact that God created something in the likeness and image of Him... God knew man would fail.. so He already had a plan in place... nothing suprises Him.. so He had a plan that He would send His only Begotten.. His only Son to accomplish and do what the first Adam couldn't.. His name was Jesus the Christ... God manifest in the flesh.... He was made alittle lower than the angels and took on flesh and blood like His brethern... God came in the flesh and conquered and triumphed and defeated satan thru His physical death on that Bloody Tree..... Where the 1st Adam failed.. and returned to the dust at death... the 2nd Adam.. Jesus the Christ who was dead and is alive today.. He was made a quickening Spirit... that those who believe on Him thru Faith on His completed Work on the Cross shall inherit Eternal Life... picking up right where they left off in the Garden prior to the fall.. Adam and Eve were never suppose to die... but live forever...

were they mini Gods no.. they were 'created' and not the Creator.. There is ONLY ONE Creator and God... and He stands Alone in this Category.. even though there are beings out there that believe they have 'achieved' God like status... unfortunately they will be dissapointed when they find out they were never at that level..