PDA

View Full Version : Being Outed as a Christian?

RevLogos
Feb 1st 2009, 01:18 AM
Prop 8 Donors Fear Increased Threats After California Judge's Disclosure Ruling

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485967,00.html
“Supporters of Proposition 8 ... say they expect discrimination, harassment and intimidation to continue after a federal judge denied a request to keep private the names of donors to the initiative.”
Names of the larger donors ($5000 or more), mostly businesses, have already been released. Smaller donors wanted their names hidden in fear of persecution. These small donors (those who donated more than $100) will have their name, occupation, and employer, released Monday, although the decision is on appeal. There is already a web site with maps to the donors’ addresses for those donors who have been revealed. They are getting calls and threats.

We could, for the first time that I am aware of, see organized systematic persecution of Christians in the United States.

I understand the desire to hide in anonymity to protect yourself from persecution. But on the other hand, is that what God wants? To hide our faith, our beliefs? No! We have antichristian forces of many different types coming out of the closet and doing everything they can to push Christians into the closet.

Christianity is not an internalized faith. The Lord wants us to go out and be the salt of the earth, not to stay at home inwardly reflecting on the meaning of life. Carry the lamp! Be the salt! Have we lost our saltiness out of fear? Don't let that happen.

Mat 5:13-16
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Mat 10:27
What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

Mat 10:32-33
"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

Dani H
Feb 1st 2009, 01:32 AM
Calls and threats from those promoting a lifestyle of tolerance? No way! Surely that's a mis-print ... :rolleyes:

On another note, that's mirroring people boycotting television stations and businesses that support causes they do not believe in. I wonder how many angry phone calls AT&T and NBC and such have gotten over the years ...

Food for thought?

ScottJohnson
Feb 1st 2009, 01:41 AM
I don't know if this could be considered persecution or not. It's not government initiated. It's not over the faith of a person so much as it is over their belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman. In a nation that is governed by "We the People", I'm guessing that homosexual rights groups in California would rather we be governed by non-elected, liberal judges who illegally legislate from the bench.

I personally think that it's time to for the prop 8 supporters to quit cowering in fear and turn the intimidation on the intimidators. Political correctness forbids the mention of this, but their are others that oppose homosexual demands besides the Christians, Catholics and Mormons. Muslims execute homosexuals. Bikers beat 'em up. Either way, fight back, don't allow these people to sway your convictions. Homosexuals make up less than five percent of the population, we can't allow the minority to determine laws for the majority.

Stepping off soap box now.

livingwaters
Feb 1st 2009, 03:40 AM
Heavenly Father, I pray for the lost of the world this day and that evey man, woman, and child from here to the fartherest corners of the earth be saved. As I intercede, I use my faith, believing that thousands this day have the opportunity to make Jesus their Lord.

I ask the Lord of the harvest to thrust the perfect laborers across these lives this day to share the good news of the Gospel in a special way so that they will listen and understand it, that it will touch their hearts. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray with thanksgiving. Amen.:pray::pray::pray: