PDA

View Full Version : Patience

Denny606
Feb 25th 2009, 10:54 PM
I would like to know if any one besides me was ever dumb enough to pray for patience.When I was a young Christian I knew I had always been one that wanted things to work my way and NOW!I decided that I would pray that the Lord would Grant me Patience,never again this was one prayer that seemed like was answered Immediately.Any thing bad ,wrong or troublesome in any way headed my way and I had to deal with it,no joke this went on for a month or two and I was handling things without blowing up or running my mouth when I shouldn't but I had about had it and was talking to a friend of mine Who had been a Christian for quite awhile and telling all that had happened and I could not understand why things were going the way they after me asking for patience.After he quit laughing at me ,he smiled and told me "don't you think you ought to thank him now since you asked for the test and seemed to have passed it". Then I realized what He was trying to show me,that I was no longer my own keeper and depend on Him.I've not forgotten either,and I am more careful what I pray for.I could get it.

HisLeast
Feb 25th 2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah... throughout my teens and 20's I prayed unceasingly for Wisdom.

Ouch.

Of course... I suppose it was better than turning my prayers into pleas to a Great Cosmic Vending Machine.

keck553
Feb 25th 2009, 11:28 PM
yeah, I prayed for patience. I'm still waiting for God to finish with me................................and waiting......

seriously.

Then I asked God to show me my faith in Him. Whew.......still walking through that one.....

what an awesome Father we have!

theBelovedDisciple
Feb 26th 2009, 03:25 PM
I would like to know if any one besides me was ever dumb enough to pray for patience.When I was a young Christian I knew I had always been one that wanted things to work my way and NOW!I decided that I would pray that the Lord would Grant me Patience,never again this was one prayer that seemed like was answered Immediately.Any thing bad ,wrong or troublesome in any way headed my way and I had to deal with it,no joke this went on for a month or two and I was handling things without blowing up or running my mouth when I shouldn't but I had about had it and was talking to a friend of mine Who had been a Christian for quite awhile and telling all that had happened and I could not understand why things were going the way they after me asking for patience.After he quit laughing at me ,he smiled and told me "don't you think you ought to thank him now since you asked for the test and seemed to have passed it". Then I realized what He was trying to show me,that I was no longer my own keeper and depend on Him.I've not forgotten either,and I am more careful what I pray for.I could get it.

I've really never prayed for Paitence.. He has taught me to have it.. showing me His Soveriegnty thru those things I went thru.. they were not very good times.. and yes I was 'impatient' with Him.. wanting things to happen now... but ONE thing He taught me.. thru those times.. is that even though I was IMPATIENT with him an struggled with understanding His Ways.... He was NEVER IMPATIENT with me.. just as father/mother would never be impatitient for thier child to walk for the first time.. helping, helping the child.. picking them up when they fell down again.. only to set them back up on their feet and give them a pat .. try it again... and being there to help them until they could walk on their own in confidence...

crossnote
Feb 27th 2009, 06:31 AM
Just a note of interest.
In the KJV 'patience' is mentioned in the NT 33 times...not even once in the OT.

Denny606
Feb 27th 2009, 10:35 AM
Just a note of interest.
In the KJV 'patience' is mentioned in the NT 33 times...not even once in the OT. I had never noticed this ,and I am Glad you pointed it out. And I am am still being tested and realize I always will as long as I live on this earth.

quiet dove
Feb 27th 2009, 04:31 PM
I would like to know if any one besides me was ever dumb enough to pray for patience.

I'm sorry :lol:, but to answer your question ....yes, me.