PDA

View Full Version : Hell and Redemption

ThereIsOnlyOne08
Mar 6th 2009, 08:00 AM
I have been told that if I was to die sinning or I was to sin and immediately die before repenting...that I would be sent to hell...Even though I have accepted the Lord and Jesus Christ as my Savior...because God cannot let sin in and if you die in sin then you are risen in sin...

Explain that please and tell me what the Bible says...

I know that I don't want to sin...but I know everyone falters...but is this true...and I was told that you can fall from your salvation...Can that happen?

Please provide verses from the Bible with your replies...I am discussing this with someone and it would help to have the word...

Paulhvv
Mar 6th 2009, 12:49 PM
I have been told that if I was to die sinning or I was to sin and immediately die before repenting...that I would be sent to hell...Even though I have accepted the Lord and Jesus Christ as my Savior...because God cannot let sin in and if you die in sin then you are risen in sin...

I know that I don't want to sin...but I know everyone falters...but is this true...and I was told that you can fall from your salvation...Can that happen?

Please provide verses from the Bible with your replies...I am discussing this with someone and it would help to have the word...
Hi Hope this will help: Look up the definitions of faith, grace,and believe. Just to give you an idea: Grace the undeserved mercy ofGod. When we have faith. We are classed as righteous in the eyes of God. Believing which is trusting, relying on and clinging to Jesus in every aspect of our lives then we are holy and will be saved. God will change us to be like him in his time not ours.

Rookie78
Mar 6th 2009, 07:18 PM

I cannot say with 100% certainty if you would go to be with Him or not, that is why it is important to confess your sin and repent. But understand this, God is just and merciful and He is in control of all things, including your death. If He wanted you to be His, do you think that He would take you (death) in the act of sinning? I think that if you are diligent in striving to live like He would of you and you confess/repent of your sins daily then God would not take you in such a situation.

Someone please correct me if I am incorrect in my understanding, don't want anyone to stumble.

Joyfulee
Mar 6th 2009, 07:24 PM
If one really thinks about it, we all will die in some sins. No one ever becomes absolutely sinless in this earthly, human life.

Blessings! :)

BroRog
Mar 6th 2009, 07:58 PM

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

reformedct
Mar 6th 2009, 10:40 PM

the Bible says that those who are in Christ are perfected in Him. the Bible also says that we are not in our sins, but that the blood of Christ washes us continually, and Jesus makes intercession for us. The Bible says that by one offering Christ has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

so its not a matter of sin, i think its a matter of are you in Christ. if a mac truck swerves in front of me and charges at me head on i might say "o crap" or maybe something worse. i dont think i fell out of Christ at that moment? then again better safe than sorry. confess your sin.

however i am beginning to think that salvation is not as mechanical as e have been making it out to be. the most important thing is to KNOW JESUS. not know about Him, ubt actually know Him like you know a best friend. remember jesus said: depart from me i never knew you.

all of our efforts to avoid sin and do righteous things in Jesus name are not gonna help one bit if we dont KNOW Him.

one intersting passage is zechariah 3. Joshua stands before the Lord in filthy rags, and God gives Him clean ones:

A Vision of Joshua the High Priest

3:1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan [1] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=zechariah+3#f1) standing at his right hand to accuse him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, O Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand [2] (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=zechariah+3#f2) plucked from the fire?” 3 Now Joshua was standing before the angel, clothed with filthy garments. 4 And the angel said to those who were standing before him, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” And to him he said, “Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments.” 5 And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the Lord was standing by.6 And the angel of the Lord solemnly assured Joshua, 7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my charge, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here.