PDA

View Full Version : My name is Dena

dena_cat
Mar 16th 2009, 04:06 AM
I havn't been in here in a while. The reason for that is because, after 8 years of continouse soberity, I relapsed. I started using Crystal Meth again. In 2 years I lost my government job, my car, my dog, all my kitties (there were 8), everything I owned including most of my clothes, and almost my freedom. I am looking at 8 years in prison if my probation gets violated again. I am telling you this because a little background is needed. In December 2007 I was already on probation and had it transferred from Nevada to Utah where I was living. I was still using meth even knowing that I was risking prison. One I begged God for help. I asked him to please send someone to me to help me get off the drugs and get back on the path to Him. On January 17, 2008 I was arrested for a warrent out of Nevada for not reporting to my probation officer in Utah. I had been reporting she just wasn't reporting to Nevada. 2 days after I was arrested I tried to commit sucide. I was sitting in my cell with no clothes and wrapped in blanket. I was crying and telling God how angry I was and why wouldn't He just let me die. I lost my little ones, my parents were never going to talk to me again, and I was going to prison for 8 years. Out of no where this voice said that I would be released. After I got off sucide watch I called my parents. They were upset because I hadn't told them I was in trouble again and that I had relapsed. How could they help? On February 1 I was booked into the jail in Las Vegas Nevada. My Judge there is not known for giving second chances. While I was waiting for my court date I got in touch with the Pastor in the jail. He gave me several books one of them is called "From Prison to Praise". I also got a bible. I attended bible study every week. I was also put on the psychic ward there cause I was sucidal where I had my own room by myself. My parents and an old family friend were putting money on my books. When I got a court date my parents came from North Carolina to Las Vegas to be in court with me. I hadn't seen them in over 4 years. My judge reinstated my probation, ordered me into a rehab center there in Las Vegas (i had to stay in jail until a bed was ready for me), and after that I was to go to North Carolina and live with my parents. That was the 11th of March. I was told that it would be 3 to 6 months before I would get a bed. On April 18 I was released to my probation officer there and taken to the Salvation Army Adult Rehbiltaion Program. A Christian based 6 month program. They gave me clothes and shoes to wear. I was given food stamps to help feed me. I was paid a few dollars each week from the work therapy part of the program. Every 6 weeks I was given a little more. 3 times I should have been kicked out of there because of my temper. 3 times I was given a reprieve. I graduated on October 17, 2008. A sober living house was found for me until my probation was transferred to North Carolina and I could leave state. I arrived at my parents house the Sunday before Thanksgiving. My parents had built me a nice little one bedroom apartment above thier garage fully furnished. They take to my PO and every where I need to go. My mom has even given me her laptop to use. If and when I get ajob they will let me have a kitten. Also, my dog and my kitties, (my little ones) were taken to a No Kill Shelter in Idaho where they have all found homes and have gotten medical care. I asked God for help. I got it. In every way He has been there right beside me all the way. He did what He thought was best for me. I can't say that I am happy about all of it. I would rather not have relapsed at all and gotten into trouble again. God has diffently showed me He is there with me and has plans for me that don't include me going to prison. I am grateful for that.:)

slightlypuzzled
Mar 16th 2009, 04:48 AM
Dena, it is good to hear from you. My prayers will be with you that you have the strength each day to handle the daily problems that come your way. Thank you for getting in touch with us, we will be here to talk when you want to talk.

Seeker of truth
Mar 16th 2009, 12:15 PM
Dena, it is good to hear from you. My prayers will be with you that you have the strength each day to handle the daily problems that come your way. Thank you for getting in touch with us, we will be here to talk when you want to talk.

I'd like to echo what Slightlypuzzled said :hug: We're here for you :hug:

turtledove
Mar 16th 2009, 01:29 PM
Hi Dena, I read your post in Breaking the Chains which led me here to your testimony. Thanks for sharing this update with us and also for your post in BtC.

Yes, God is so good. :) Glad to see how He has been with you, and helped you through others, and that you are doing so well.

:pray:

dena_cat
Mar 18th 2009, 04:25 AM
Thank-you all so much for your kind words and support. I was laying in bed reading and something told me to come back in here tonite. So here I am.

Dena

MyRock
Mar 19th 2009, 06:39 AM
I was actually thinking about you when I was last on here at the begining of the month...and here you are. Welcome back! Remember we are all brothers and sisters and we are all here for each other.

:)

CoffeeCat
Apr 5th 2009, 01:59 PM
Dena, I just read this now, and.... wow. What a powerful testimony you've got. Our God really is a God of second, and third, and fourth, and so-on chances... isn't He. Blessings to you, glad to meet you :) and hope to see you around the forums.

RedBird777
Apr 5th 2009, 05:36 PM
I pray that God will bless the rest of your path to Him.

A book that I read about crystal meth is Save Me From Myself by Brian "Head" Welch. He used to be a lead guitarist for Korn, but his life was completely turned around and he found himself in God's grace. Apparently, he was an extreme meth user,and he was able to break it not through human means, but rather filling up his ife with God, and God broke his chains. For me, it was an extremely powerful story, and I think you could appreciate it as well.

Open your heart up to God, and let Him take it ALL over. I pray that your addiction to such a dirty drug will be vanquished and competely destroyed.

dena_cat
Apr 5th 2009, 08:15 PM
God is still working in my life. I start a program here thru Vocational Rehabilation that will help me improve my skills, develop new ones, and then help me find a job. One of the things that I have been really stressing over has been money and being able to support my self. I don't like being a burden on my parents. One of the things that will be a big help about this program is they are going to pay me while I attend the program. Not much but every little bit helps. God lets me know in His own way that, even tho I am walking with Him like I would like, He is still with me and is still working in my life. For that I will always be grateful.

Dena

livingwaters
Apr 5th 2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome Dena!!! Praise the Lord for HIS love and mercy toward us!!! So much so, that HE sent HIS only Son, JESUS, to die for our sins!!! What love!!!!

May God continue to grow you at HIS pace so that HE can bless you with what HE has in store for you. Alleluia!!!!! Take time each day to thank and praise HIM...read your Bible....find a good Bible-teaching church. Christians need to have fellowship with other Christians. God's Word tells us this!!!

God Bless:)

mcnumps
Apr 8th 2009, 03:20 AM
Dena, what a powerful testimony to Christ's love and support. I am praying for you, praying that the Lord will put His hedge of protection around you and keep you safe. God bless you...