PDA

View Full Version : Go Tell Peter!

ConqueredbyLove
Mar 20th 2009, 05:57 PM
Go Tell Peter!

~ Be not amazed! Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified; he is risen; he is not here. But go your way, tell his disciples, and Peter, that he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him ~

The house where Peter lived, during the times of Jesus, has been discovered. At the time, the town was called Capernaum and it was situated on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. It was where many of the miracles of Jesus occurred. James, John, Andrew and Peter all lived in Capernaum when Jesus called them.

What sweet ponderings, as we read of carvings that have been found on the walls of Peter’s house! Here we find carvings of a cross and a fish. We see a carving of a boat. We find several carvings of the name of Jesus and a reference to “The Most High God”. We may wonder if Jesus slept in this house after a long, weary day of reaching out in love to touch the sea of broken humanity that flocked to Him.

Three years later however, everything was so dark. Jesus was brutally murdered on a cross. Forgotten were the days of Jesus bringing hope and healing in Capernaum and in the house of Peter. As Jesus was being tortured, Peter denied Him. Now, Peter would never be able to ask for His forgiveness. Jesus was dead. He died on a cruel cross, even though He was innocent.

“Go your way, tell his disciples and Peter,” came the glorious announcement from the angel to the woman who had come to the tomb looking for Jesus. “He is risen” was the joyous news that God wanted the disciples, especially Peter to know.

Go, tell Peter? The one who had denied that he knew Jesus three days earlier with oaths and curses? Peter was to be singled out for special consideration to hear this great hope of hopes? Peter? The one who had put to open shame the One so loved him?

Oh, matchless, marvelous, grace! It is this King of Glory! This Jesus who conquered death and the grave, Who shows such favor to sinners and the fallen.

How Jesus wanted to make certain His fallen disciple knew he was forgiven and accepted unconditionally by God. What special concern He had for His broken Peter!

Amazing grace! ~ Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ ~ Let us take courage, dear heart. There is plenty of grace for you; there is plenty of grace for me; just as there was plenty of grace for Peter.

~ Jesus Christ, the same yesterday and today and forever ~

miepie
Mar 20th 2009, 06:14 PM
Beautifully written! :hug:

Love you lots,
Mieke :kiss:

Moxie
Mar 21st 2009, 02:35 PM
What wonderful insight. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you. :)

ConqueredbyLove
Mar 21st 2009, 09:54 PM
Thank you both, so much :hug: :kiss: :hug:

I just LOVE studying the interactions of Jesus with His disciples while He was here. We can learn so much about His beautiful character and ways :pp

David91
Apr 7th 2009, 11:48 PM
Its so simple yet so hard. Jesus didn't hurt anyone when they hurt him. He forgave us when we let him down. I love Jesus with all my heart.

ConqueredbyLove
Apr 8th 2009, 12:18 AM
Its so simple yet so hard. Jesus didn't hurt anyone when they hurt him. He forgave us when we let him down. I love Jesus with all my heart.

:hug: :kiss: :hug:

mcnumps
Apr 8th 2009, 03:09 AM
Amazing love...God is so good to love us so much. How grateful I am to be His child!

tt1106
Apr 8th 2009, 03:18 AM
Beautiful as always CBL. I love the story. Peter. First and last words of the Savior to him......Follow me. Peter, Singled out as the man with two names. One for when he was "fleshy" one for when he was the rock. The man who can be called Satan and days later preach a sermon and bring 5000 people to salvation. Thank you for the imagery. I can only imagine what it must have been like for Christ to make sure that Peter get's called. KNOWING that he would be beside himself with shame. Yet knowing that he could redeem him.
Knowing that convincing Peter would result in his giving the ultimate sacrifice for his Faith.
Blessings and Thank you.

tt1106

ConqueredbyLove
Apr 8th 2009, 03:26 AM
Thank you both, so much :hug:

I love studying these stories...so much to glean..... thank you for your insights tt106 :hug:

tt1106
Apr 8th 2009, 03:38 AM
Thank you both, so much :hug:

I love studying these stories...so much to glean..... thank you for your insights tt106 :hug:

My Pleasure, I apologize for all my typos. They're fixed now. :hug: