PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

aliveinchrist
Mar 21st 2009, 12:44 AM
I just had some thoughts I'd like to share.

We are going through a 40 Day pursuit at my church. It's called WHY> Pursuing Answers to Life's Toughest Questions. Such as: Why Am I Here, Why Should I Believe in God in the First Place, Why Should I Trust the Bible, Why is the World So Messed Up, Why the Conflict: Science and the Bible, and Why Jesus.

Now, I don't know about anybody else here, but I know I sometimes take offense when non-Christians ask questions like this. I'm learning that it is OKAY for non-Christians to ask questions like this. If they don't, how else are they going to learn? So, as Christians, we need to be ready to answer them with real answers and not some flippant "I just believe, okay?"

We need to ask ourselves WHY do we believe, and be ready to answer when an atheist comes along and asks "Why do YOU believe in God?" Because our answer is crucial to them even considering opening themselves up to God.

Another thing I would like to point out is:
There's a lot of arguments about things that God said happened, that people don't think happened cause there's no scientific evidence for it.
Well, we are wasting our time arguing about these things. It's pointless. That's not what God gave us His word for. He gave us His word so we would be able to know Him, know how to live our lives, and we should be concentrating on bringing others to Christ, not arguing about things that happened in the past.

God wants our lives devoted to telling others about Christ, not arguing if there really was a global flood, or Moses really built an ark, or if Leviticus really died in a grave......;)

We Christians should really think about these things.

Moxie
Mar 21st 2009, 02:40 PM
I agree. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that there is a verse in the Bible about being ready to provide an answer for the hope we have in us (the BCV alludes me at this moment). I don't feel that Christians in the US---very generally speaking--- dig into the Word in a way that is God honoring. Very sad. I hope the study helps to transform your life. :)

Revinius
Mar 21st 2009, 02:46 PM
I think it is good to look into everything the Word presents us with. But it should never be to the detriment of our mission at hand.