PDA

View Full Version : The Bible: Christ and the Word are the Same

TBONE61
Mar 24th 2009, 12:41 PM
John 1:1 (New King James Version)

1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14-18 (New King James Version)

14] And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 15] John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’” 16] And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17] For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18] No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

The Bible: Christ and the Word are the Same

If you tell a man that three billion contiguous bits of human genome have been decoded, he’ll believe you. But if a sign says “Fresh Paint,” he’ll have to test it for himself. That was what Thomas demanded: a personal investigation of our Lord’s wounds. Our Lord offered the proof. “Reach your hand here, and put it into My side.” It isn’t recorded that Thomas actually did that; all we know is that, convinced, he blurted out, “My Lord and my God!”

“Because you have seen Me, you believe,” said our Lord. Then He gave a special message to you and me: Blessed are those who have not seen Me and yet have believed.” We have not seen our Lord in the flesh, but His presence is as real to the believer as the day He appeared to Thomas.

FOR TODAY: The Old Testament opens with man made in the image of God. The New Testament opens with God in the image of man.