PDA

View Full Version : I want to make my own witnessing material but I have some questions!!??

JesusReignsForever
Apr 4th 2009, 10:42 PM
I just am feeling led to witness to ppl in the world...it has REALLY been bothering me that I am not sharing Jesus with ppl who need him. So I am prayerfully making the step to begin this mission that is in my hear to do. I want to make my own material something like a 3 sheet pamphlet. I want to make the text a good size so it will be readable to ppl of all ages.

What are the most effective scriptures in the bible for witnessing?

I want to make the message clear that we all will spend eternity somewhere.

and make it clear Jesus is the only name by which we must be saved.

How Jesus is a divine healer, deliverer, a lover, a friend.

That we can trust him and depend on him

Not to put our trust in man.

and other things that are effective for witnessing.

Can anyone help me with scriptures that are easy to understand and straight to the point.

I would be so thankful I want to get started on this A.S.A.P!!

CoffeeCat
Apr 4th 2009, 11:42 PM
Moving this to our Apologetics and Evangelism forum where I know more might jump in because of the topic. :)

JesusReignsForever
Apr 5th 2009, 02:05 AM
Moving this to our Apologetics and Evangelism forum where I know more might jump in because of the topic. :)

thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuzzi
Apr 5th 2009, 02:38 AM
Sister, I can make some suggestions for Scripture to include, but do keep in mind that a tract or booklet never saved anyone...you've got to leave that up to the power of God, the Holy Spirit. Without the Lord's help, you might get people to say they believe, but they might just have a 'head' knowledge, and not have really meant what they have professed. I've seen it happen.

I've used the Romans Road on a number of occasions, sometimes leading people to the Lord, sometimes not. It's about their own readiness to hear and respond to God's word, not the verses you use.

Also, salvation is simple, a child can understand it. The rest of our understanding of God and His attributes come later, as we grow in love and knowledge of Him.

I'm not trying to discourage you, that is not my intent. Now I'll answer your requests:

I just am feeling led to witness to ppl in the world...it has REALLY been bothering me that I am not sharing Jesus with ppl who need him. So I am prayerfully making the step to begin this mission that is in my hear to do. I want to make my own material something like a 3 sheet pamphlet. I want to make the text a good size so it will be readable to ppl of all ages.

What are the most effective scriptures in the bible for witnessing?
Any Scripture will work. Some people use Isaiah or Jeremiah, or Proverbs. Sometimes just giving your testimony, as in how the Lord saved you or how He has worked in your life will open the door for them to accept Christ.

I want to make the message clear that we all will spend eternity somewhere.I believe most people already know that. In my agnostic days, I instinctively knew that I was headed someplace after death. God has made this clear to all people, whether or not they have a Bible:

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" (Romans 1:20)

and make it clear Jesus is the only name by which we must be saved."Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

How Jesus is a divine healer, deliverer, a lover, a friend."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5)

That we can trust him and depend on him"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5)

"Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:20)

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." (Isaiah 54:10)

Not to put our trust in man."Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man." (Psalm 60:11)

"Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man." (Psalm 108:12)

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." (Psalm 118:8)

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help." (Psalm 146:3)

and other things that are effective for witnessing.

Can anyone help me with scriptures that are easy to understand and straight to the point.

I would be so thankful I want to get started on this A.S.A.P!!I hope those verses help. They aren't, by any stretch of the imagination, a comprehensive list, but it may give you a start.

Remember, put your trust in the Lord to lead you as you witness, let Him put the words in your mouth. And don't forget to pray.

God bless you!

JesusReignsForever
Apr 5th 2009, 03:34 AM
When God says go you have no choice but to go :) Im not dicouraged one bit. Thanks for the reminder that I must leave all things up to the guidance of the Holy Ghost...I merely am just planting seeds it is up to God to bring the increase. I am going to fast and pray before I actually head out into the field I just need to be prepared the world is full of pain and despair...I want to make sure I have on the full armor of God before I head out.

Thanks for all the scriptures also...I was just reading about the Romans road...its funny I love the book of John but from what Ive seen ppl hardly ever use that book to witness....minus the 2 verses you have below.

I need to pray and ask the Lord how to put this thing together it will all come together he will show me exactly how to do it.

Thanks again!:hug:

bagofseed
Apr 5th 2009, 08:25 AM
Most people I come across know the Gospel and most tracts say the same thing with the same verses.

I have taken to writing teaching tracts. Teaching who God is and what He is like and tying in salvation to each.

I have written a few so far but now I want to focus on Love power and holiness rather then on tools.

Just put your self out where the people are and use what ever you have now. Get started and God will direct your path.

doveslanding
Apr 5th 2009, 01:33 PM
I will never forget the way in which Jesus called me to service.
New Years eve, 1985/86,my wife drove me to the airport in Salzburg and with tears and a broken heart I left her, and our home and Tyrol with such sadness and real reluctance to return to Saudi. I truly understood God was not happy with me and that I needed to the change course of my life. I was His child, but He was dealing with me. It was in this dealing that I experienced His call. He was not harsh, but firm and caring.

Hebrews 12: The way God Disciplined me
1Therefore, since such a great cloud of witnesses surrounds us, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
In 1986, Kaseem, one of my new employers Indian supervisors, picked me up from the newly constructed King Fahad airport just outside of Riyadh. Just a few years before I had been to its opening and before watched as it was being built.
But today none of that mattered. Just to get me in his car and drive me thirty klics to the downtown Bathe district to the building where I was to both work and live for about 19 months in a single bachelor status without my wife.
It was during this period that our habit of corresponding by voice tape reached perfection.

webers_home
Apr 5th 2009, 02:09 PM
I don't mean to be a cooler; but I would hate to see you go off with unrealistic expectations.

Not everybody has the gift of evangelism (Rom 12:3-8, 1Cor 12:4-31, Eph 4:11-14). The trick is to discover which of the gifts is your gift, and focus on that one. The meanwhile, work on the "you" that you are; because the best Gospel message is the one that's in shoe leather.

†.2Cor 3:1-3 . .You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

I once heard an anecdote that went like this:

A man was passing out tracts on a busy sidewalk one day when a man walked up and asked him what he was doing. The tractor responded; I'm handing out Gospel tracts. Would you like one? The man answered; Well, I can't read, so I can't read your tracts, but here's what I will do instead: I'll read your tracks.

Here's another-- one of my favorites.

An alcoholic farmer went out to his barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull from his liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the barn in the dark. His son replied; It was easy; I walked in your footsteps.

And this:

A woman announced to her church's Pastor that God called her to be a minister. The Pastor then asked her if she had any children. She said; Yes. The Pastor replied; Well; isn't that wonderful! God called you to be a minister and he's already given you a congregation.

My favorite female evangelist in the Bible is an insignificant slave girl.

†.2Kgs 5:1-3 . .Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him Yhvh had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

. . And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife. And she said unto her mistress; Would God my master were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.

You probably know the rest. Naaman went and found Elisha and subsequent events led to the cure of his leprosy; viz: Bloom where you're planted.

C.L.I.F.F.

JesusReignsForever
Apr 5th 2009, 06:16 PM
I don't mean to be a cooler; but I would hate to see you go off with unrealistic expectations.

Not everybody has the gift of evangelism (Rom 12:3-8, 1Cor 12:4-31, Eph 4:11-14). The trick is to discover which of the gifts is your gift, and focus on that one. The meanwhile, work on the "you" that you are; because the best Gospel message is the one that's in shoe leather.

Ü.2Cor 3:1-3 . .You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

I once heard an anecdote that went like this:

A man was passing out tracts on a busy sidewalk one day when a man walked up and asked him what he was doing. The tractor responded; I'm handing out Gospel tracts. Would you like one? The man answered; Well, I can't read, so I can't read your tracts, but here's what I will do instead: I'll read your tracks.

Here's another-- one of my favorites.

An alcoholic farmer went out to his barn in the dead of night after a snowfall to sneak a pull from his liquor bottle. Just as he got to the barn door he heard something behind him. Turning, the farmer recognized his little boy coming towards him. In amazement he asked the little guy how he ever managed to find his way out to the barn in the dark. His son replied; It was easy; I walked in your footsteps.

And this:

A woman announced to her church's Pastor that God called her to be a minister. The Pastor then asked her if she had any children. She said; Yes. The Pastor replied; Well; isn't that wonderful! God called you to be a minister and he's already given you a congregation.

My favorite female evangelist in the Bible is an insignificant slave girl.

Ü.2Kgs 5:1-3 . .Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him Yhvh had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

. . And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife. And she said unto her mistress; Would God my master were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.

You probably know the rest. Naaman went and found Elisha and subsequent events led to the cure of his leprosy; viz: Bloom where you're planted.

C.L.I.F.F.

Firstly you didnt answer any of my questions besides casting you concern for me wanting to share Jesus with people.

We are ALL called be evangelist...telling people about Jesus is a form of evangelism...not that I want a title cause I most certainly dont....It bothers me that I have found a wonderful saviour and I see hundreds of people daily who have no hope for tomorrow or even hope for today. I must get out there and share the good news! There is hope for today and that hope is in Jesus. Why not share the good news?

I know I cant save anyone but atleast I could uplift someone or share my story with someone to help them get thru there current situation. I could show someone the over flowing love I have inside of me all becaue of Jesus. Im sorry but thats something I just cant keep quiet about...I've held it in too long and its time to open my mouth and tell of his love.

Sam07
Apr 7th 2009, 12:32 PM
Sister

I have a 3 panel brochure which info on both sides which i like to use.

Its in publisher format if you have a e mail addres i can send you the attachment.

You can edit change or add to it what ever you like so if your interested let me know.

I will see if it will paste on here.

Hello

I heard you call out many times and I tried to comfort you but you never heard me.

I heard you when you were sad I heard you when you were happy and I heard you when needed help.

I heard you cry out to me and I helped you but you forgot about me.

I have always longed to be part of your life and I reach out to you everyday.

I hope one day you will invite me into your heart so I can live with you forever.

I want to spend eternity with you so you will never be lonely again.

I want to welcome you into my family and embrace you.

I hope you will join me today because I love and adore you and canít wait for you to be with me.

I am Jesus Christ please accept me as your Lord and Savior so I may save and comfort you forever.

I love you so much.

Hello

I heard you call out many times and I tried to comfort you but you never heard me.

I heard you when you were sad I heard you when you were happy and I heard you when needed help.

I hope one day you will invite me into your heart so I can live with you forever.

I hope you will join me today because I love and adore you and canít wait for you to be with me.

I am Jesus Christ please accept me as your Lord and Savior so I may save and comfort you forever.

I love you so much......

Its missing the border but the text is intact.

Thats on the first panel theres five more that run in order.

Sam

Sam07
Apr 7th 2009, 12:50 PM
Sorry it pasted twice.

Correction with info on both sides

Sam

JesusReignsForever
Apr 8th 2009, 01:26 AM
Have you heard the GOOD NEWS?? JESUS LOVES YOU!!!!

Oh my dear sweet child
How I have loved you since before you were born
How fast you have grown
Itís been sometime since we talked
I have missed you so!
Everyday I have been waiting to talk to you
Finally today I got your attention
I just wanted to let you know
I love you and Iím here waiting for you to come back home
Back to your first love
I died for you over 2,000 years ago
I love you today as much as I did then
I'm patiently waiting for you
I stand at your hearts door knocking
Will you let me in?

Jesus is the Way to Heaven

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection and the life; and he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live, and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believeth thou this?

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

tt1106
Apr 8th 2009, 02:50 AM
JRF,
I believe we are all called to witness to others. So go to it. I would like to point out that you are already witnessing to everybody you come in contact with. Everytime someone comes into contact with you, they have just encountered Christ.
As far as scripture, let the Holy spirit be your guide. Pray and read. I like the pamphlet that Sam posted, it's good. I buy little shield of Faith pins from a Christian bookstore and give them out. I am just working up the nerve to actually witness though. I wish I had your courage. I feel as if I know next to nothing about the Bible, but I try not to let that stop me. I talk about God whenever the opportunity presents itself, but I still feel inadequate. I'm studying though. I just read what you posted and it looks good. No matter what, I think if you just allow yourself to be a vessel, you'll be fine.

Sam07
Apr 8th 2009, 11:24 AM
Hey guys great message use what you feel comfotable using

Heres the entire brochure

Panel 1

Hello

I love you so much.

Panel 2

The Story so farÖ..
My father planted the garden of Eden on earth and wanted to enjoy his creation .

He created Adam & Eve & gave them dominion and authority over the earth.

Adam & Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil and severed there relationship with God.

My Father sent me to reconcile humanity back to him self so he could fellowship & have a personal relationship with you.

The good news today is you can receive Salvation through my sacrifice and receive eternal life and enjoy a victorious life style the way God intended it too.

Panel 3

I gave my life or you so you wouldn't have to suffer and be punished.

I want you to benefit from my sacrifice you are the reason I gave my life so you could live.

Please accept my sacrifice and the free gift of salvation that God has given you.

Please don't ignore my sacrifice I want you to live with me forever.
It doesn't matter what youíve done in the past or how bad you think you've been.

My sacrifice redeemed every single person from every single sin they could ever imagine.

I will come into your life because you have asked me too I will dwell in you and you will be my home and we will fulfill Gods plan for your life.

Panel 4

I draw closer to you each day some times you sense me and some times you don't.
</SPAN>
I am always with you waiting to touch you embrace you and hold you I am still waiting. </SPAN>
</SPAN>
I wish you would open your heart to me and share your thoughts with me so I can comfort you.</SPAN>
</SPAN>
I want to have a personal relationship with you will you ask me into your heart, will you accept me as your Savoir and Lord.</SPAN>
</SPAN>
May I have the honor of saving you and granting you eternal life in heaven with my father and our family.</SPAN>
</SPAN>
The choice belongs to you I hope you choose</SPAN>

Me</SPAN>

</SPAN>

</SPAN>

Panel 5</SPAN>

</SPAN>

Salvation

When you are ready to invite me into your life then all you have to do is

Believe the good news you have heard and I will reward your faith.

Repent and turn away from your former lifestyle and I will forgive you.

Ask me into your life to forgive you and I will cleanse you of your unrighteousness and you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Prayer

Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe you are the son of God.

I believe Jesus died for my sins. And rose again.

I come before you to repent of my sins.

I ask you to forgive me of my sins.

I believe you have forgiven me

I invite you into my heart.

To be my savior and to be my Lord .

I believe I have been born again and I'm a new creature in Christ.

Thank you Lord Jesus.

Amen.

Panel 6

Foundation

Congratulations on your decision to make Jesus the Savior and Lord of your life and welcome to the kingdom of God.

Decisions and discipleship go hand in hand so its important that you start to renew your mind with the word of God so you can begin your transformation process.

Start with Mathew in the New Testament and read right through to Jude then start again you will discover many revelations and God will reveal his word to you.

Fellowshipping with other believers gives you the support and help that you need to learn and grow in your personal relationship with Jesus.

Most fellowships have discipleship courses in place to answer your questions and help you develop your foundation in Jesus.

Some fellowships also have home meetings during the week where you can attend and fellowship in a more casual atmosphere.

This brochure is just an introduction to help you develop and improve your relationship so you can make progress.

May God bless prosper & give you
Favor amen

So thats the info edit it how ever you like.

Peace

Sam

</SPAN>

</SPAN>

</SPAN>

</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Mathetes
Apr 16th 2009, 12:34 PM
Hello,

Check http://www.alexandriago.org/files.htm and http://www.alexandriago.org/morgue.htm for ideas. These are quizzes we use in our outreach ministry.

Glad to see that you have a heart for bringing the gospel to the lost. Keep it up!

Mathetes
Apr 16th 2009, 12:38 PM
About John 1:12:

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.

Many overlook the very next verse: 13who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

People are born of God by God's choice, not their own (see James 1:18). I don't want to get into a big debate about this as it will get off topic, but I did feel the need to point it out because John 1:12 is often taken out of context and used to teach that people can be regenerated (born again) by receiving Christ (i.e., praying a sinner's prayer and making a decision for Christ). The best thing to do is teach and proclaim the gospel thoroughly and accurately and leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit.

Sam07
Apr 18th 2009, 02:33 AM
Hello Brother,

Thank you for your perspective could you clarify or give us an example in the context of how a person is born of God if not through the confession of there faith?

Thanks

Sam

Mathetes
Apr 18th 2009, 03:09 AM
Hello Brother,

Thank you for your perspective could you clarify or give us an example in the context of how a person is born of God if not through the confession of there faith?

Thanks

Sam

The context of 1 John doesn't give an example, but here are some other passages that shed light on it:

James 1:18, ESV: Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:23, ESV: since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

People are born again when they hear the gospel and the Holy Spirit regenerates them. Regeneration precedes faith.

Sam07
May 6th 2009, 12:26 PM
JesusReignsForever (http://bibleforums.org/member.php?u=31577) http://bibleforums.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
JESUS IS MY STRENGTH
Are you a Christian?: Yes, I am a Christian.
http://bibleforums.org/stars/1gs.gif

Sister

I left you a comment on your profile.

Peace

Sam