PDA

View Full Version : Discussion I pray for my future beloved

Staceface627
Apr 9th 2009, 08:42 PM
Hello fellow young adults! I'm Stacey, and I'm 16 years old.

Let's face it, love is kind of a big deal for us. I don't understand at all how we turn 11 or 12 or 13 and suddenly become interested in the opposite gener, and are suddenly prone to having crushes. I do understand, however, that it is a very powerful thing . . . love.

I've never had a boyfriend and I'm waiting to date until I'm done with highschool, have a steady job, and such, so that I can really focus on a relationship. But I often wonder who that man is. What his name is, what interests he has, what's his history . . . do I already know him, or will I meet him tomorrow, next week, in five years?

Even though we don't, God knows the answers to all of these questions! So hey, why not start praying now, no matter how young you are, for that young man or young woman? You might not know who they are, but the Lord does, and He will know exactly who you're praying for. Let's start praying for our future husbands and wives, praying for safety, speaking blessings over their lives and such.

Followtheway
Apr 11th 2009, 03:53 AM
You feel that way at 12-14 because thousands of years ago that was the age that people go married. Never settle for anything less than what the Lord has to offer, I didnt and got the greatest wife ever.

Athanasius
Apr 11th 2009, 04:20 AM
You feel that way at 12-14 because thousands of years ago that was the age that people go married. Never settle for anything less than what the Lord has to offer, I didnt and got the greatest wife ever.

She feels that way at 12-14? She stated she is 16. Otherwise I'm pretty sure the rest of what you said agrees with her, except the rude part.

MLC
Apr 11th 2009, 06:21 AM
It wasn't rude what FollowTheWay said, XelNaga, since staceface said the same thing with the age issue.

I don't understand at all how we turn 11 or 12 or 13 and suddenly become interested in the opposite gener, and are suddenly prone to having crushes.I think you just misunderstood what was meant by the comment.

Athanasius
Apr 11th 2009, 06:24 AM
It wasn't rude what FollowTheWay said, XelNaga, since staceface said the same thing with the age issue.

I think you just misunderstood what was meant by the comment.

Yep, you would be right. Since you quoted me I'll just have to apologize to Followtheway.

matthew7and1
Apr 11th 2009, 12:08 PM
you are sooooo blessed stace face! when I was your very same age i had a son and HONESTLY believed that one day i may get married but that who ever he was would have probably had tons and tons of partners and that whatever i racked up would never compare. even though i was christian as a child, there was no guidance for me and i loathed myself more then i even knew! when i met my husband it only took a few hours to realize he was my husband! lol! ;) but i was soooooo ashamed to eventually find that in the end, he had fewer *eh-hem* partners then I!!!!!! :cry: even so the women he had been with had hurt him deeply and what seems at times irrevocably. we both cope with the scars of our pasts all the time. luckily we love each other enough to be patient and get through it.
I guess the point of my sharing this is that if the two of us had been taught to pray for our future spouses earlier in life then i honestly believe that we wouldn't have been so abusive towards ourselves (sexually and emotionally) because we would have had a hedge of prayer around us and because thinking about the protection of your future spouse also keeps you aware of your own protection.
so "KUDOS TO YOU!" I have my spouse, but my son (13) and step-son(14) could use this info! I will definitely join in with you on praying for my future daughters in law!

Staceface627
Apr 12th 2009, 02:54 AM
you are sooooo blessed stace face! when I was your very same age i had a son and HONESTLY believed that one day i may get married but that who ever he was would have probably had tons and tons of partners and that whatever i racked up would never compare. even though i was christian as a child, there was no guidance for me and i loathed myself more then i even knew! when i met my husband it only took a few hours to realize he was my husband! lol! ;) but i was soooooo ashamed to eventually find that in the end, he had fewer *eh-hem* partners then I!!!!!! :cry: even so the women he had been with had hurt him deeply and what seems at times irrevocably. we both cope with the scars of our pasts all the time. luckily we love each other enough to be patient and get through it.
I guess the point of my sharing this is that if the two of us had been taught to pray for our future spouses earlier in life then i honestly believe that we wouldn't have been so abusive towards ourselves (sexually and emotionally) because we would have had a hedge of prayer around us and because thinking about the protection of your future spouse also keeps you aware of your own protection.
so "KUDOS TO YOU!" I have my spouse, but my son (13) and step-son(14) could use this info! I will definitely join in with you on praying for my future daughters in law!

This was a beautiful post! I'm so excited to hear that you're praying for your son and step son, and their future wives. That is a very, very wonderful of you. Kudos to YOU!!! :D

renthead188
Apr 16th 2009, 03:51 AM
I'm so glad to hear this! I'm a 21 year old guy (I'm graduating this year... WOOT!) and I pray for my future wife too! I love the idea because it begins a Christ centered relationship with her even before I've met her!

Jesus is cool.

Chris

serapheva
Apr 24th 2009, 02:37 AM
great idea ;)

don't give up waiting for him, either

Raptor
Apr 24th 2009, 03:51 PM
The way this world is today, our future spouses need as much prayer as they can get. I know how it feels wondering what they will be like. Will she be a strong Christian, or will she be a new christian. Will she agree with me on all points, or will we argue over things that don't matter. Will she be able to wait for me like I'm waiting for her, or when I meet her will she already have children? Is she tall?

I could pray ever night for the perfect wife(And Quite a few nights I did), but to be honest, I want what God wants for me. So I pray for her salvation. I pray her for walk with Christ. I pray that she will be okay with marrying a young preacher. I pray that the world and it's chaos doesn't bring her down. I pray for her to have the strength to walk daily with God despite tribulation, and I pray that she be just the kind of woman that I need, not that I want.

But not just for our future spouses, we should be praying for our future in-laws as well!

-Raptor, out.

Staceface627
Apr 28th 2009, 02:35 AM
Has anybody here ever heard of Jeremy Riddle? He is a great, talented musical artist, who is very clearly passionate for the Lord. One of his songs is titled "Full Attention" and I wanted to share the lyrics with you, but in a different way, sort of. You see, the song is a prayer, asking the Lord to be the center of our lives - the loudest voices, truest presence, deepest love, etc. etc. I often pray this song on behalf of my future husband, replacing the words "my" and "me" with "his" and "him" like this:

"May You voice be louder, and may your voice be clearer
Than all the others . . . than all the others
May Your face be dearer, and may Your words be sweeter
Then all the others . . . than all the others in his life

Please keep his eyes fixed on You
Please move his heart so deep in You
Keep him abiding! Keep him Abiding!
Keep him abiding that he, oh that he might bear fruit

May Your presence be truer, and may your presence be nearer
Than all the others . . . than all the others
May Your light shine brighter, and may Your love move deeper
Than all the others . . . than all the others in his life

Please root his heart so deep in You
Keep him abiding! Keep him abiding!
Keep him abiding that he, oh that he might bear fruit

Please root his heart so deep in you
Keep him asking! Keep him near!
Keep him abiding that he, oh that he might bear fruit.

I thought I would share this with everyone. You can find the song on iTunes if you would like to pray along, but I must say that whenever I pray this, I get this intense feeling that he (whoever he is) is safe. Tis a very, very wonderful feeling.

Mikey
Apr 28th 2009, 03:21 AM
This is a great topic. More people should adopt Stacey's mindset. It's a very wise choice to pray now about a future spouse. That shows maturity and a trust in God.

Props!

CoffeeCat
Apr 28th 2009, 01:51 PM
It's a wonderful idea to pray for your future spouse, Stacey. Good for you for doing that. :)

I'd also honestly say, having been engaged and having broken it off, that it's an equally good idea to pray for your own discernment in knowing who to be with..... and to pray for God's will for your life. Lots of people get married, but some don't, and that's okay. I've learned that God can and does bless our lives :) whether we're married, single, or just waiting to see what God has in store for us next. In the last 5 months or so, I've learned what it means to just trust God with my future...... so it's AWESOME that you're already doing that.

:hug: Keep right on praying.

GiL
May 18th 2009, 02:32 AM
You are a special person Stacey. I am only 19 but have had the same thoughts for some years now. I pray every once in a while for my future *hopeful* spouse. The thing I struggle with most right now is my impatience for that spouse. I am young and in college but I think right now I am putting a desire for a relationship with a woman before God. That is the reason I think you are highly intelligent and special for praying this prayer. Clearly you care, but not to the point where it consumes you. Awesome wisdom for a 16 year old!

brdhggns
May 21st 2009, 09:13 PM
the prayer is an amazing idea.

my prayer for my spouse is "Lord whom ever she may be, let her be someone who loves you more than i do!"

but if our entire generation had your outlook on this subject.. well our generation would be alot better than it is, to say the least

Caseypants
Aug 18th 2009, 02:33 AM
I'm 23 and still praying for my future husband. I'm happy to say I've never had a boyfriend or been on a date, so don't be discouraged just b/c no guys has asked you out. I'm not.