PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray

flooda34
Apr 30th 2009, 01:52 AM
Hi,

I don't post on this board often but I have an urgent prayer request that I would be grateful for anyone to pray for. A friend of mine, Chris, is battling cancer in his lungs and it has recently spread to his bones. He is going to start treatment soon. Please pray that the Lord would heal him, but also that he would not become bitter towards God.

He is not currently a Christian and I am praying that the Lord would continue to work on his heart as it's not seeming like he has a lot of time to live. Pray that he would be open to receiving Christ as his saviour while he still can.
Thank you,
Jason

Vhayes
Apr 30th 2009, 02:16 AM
Yes, Jason, I will pray for your friend Chris. That as he battles to retain this life, he discovers the Author and Giver of eternal life. That the fear of death and dying be removed and that his eyes be opened to the joy that will await him.

Thank you for being this mans friend. It's very hard to be a close friend when the person is struggling so hard.

Blessings to you!
V

livingwaters
Apr 30th 2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Jason. Your friend, Chris, is fortunate to have a friend like you. Better than that though, HE can have the Lord living in HIM, if he would just call on the name of Jesus. Jesus is our best friend!!! Romans 10:13 says, "He who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved(paraphrased)." That is the absolute truth. That is exactly how I was saved!!! The Word is the Truth.. :pray::pray::pray:Father, I pray that YOU soften the heart of Chris, Jason's friend, that he receive YOUR saving Grace. That's the main objective.....Chris get saved....Father, give Jason the strength and courage to be a bold witness at this time...we can't make God do anything, but HIS Word tells us HIS promises....We must know the Word!!The key to receiving is obedience.

So, just ask Chris if he would like to pray....pray for his needs, pray for the mighty Hand of the Lord to touch and heal him, pray that his heart melt for the Word of God, then, ask him to pray and invite Jesus into his heart and life. State in the prayer that Chris is reciting, that he is a sinner and needs forgiveness, as all of us are. Pray, saying he knows that Jesus is the Son of God and was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven with the Father. This may be his last chance, if he doesn't receive his healing. Even if he does receive healing, his eternal life still depends on salvation. Tell him that Jesus paid the price for our disease by HIS stripes on Calvary. Also, tell Chris that it is not God that gives disease. Sometimes we destroy our own bodies. I don't know if that may or may not be the case here. But, sometimes God allows us to go through things in order for HIS Will to be accomplished in our lives.

We none have all the answers!!!!! That is where our Faith comes in!!!! But do tell Chris about how Christ suffered for him, you and me!!!! We owe HIM sooooo much....that we can never repay....but, we can accept HIS free gift of salvation and have life ever-lasting with HIM. We thank YOU, Lord, at this time for hearing and answering our prayers, in Jesus' name. Amen.:pray::pray::hug:

Skipscan
Apr 30th 2009, 02:51 AM
I said a prayer for Chris.

Redneck Charger
Apr 30th 2009, 11:15 AM
Jesus I ask that you be with this friend, and help this friend.. Please Jesus be with this friend..:pray::pray::pray::pray: