PDA

View Full Version : The open door

marline
May 8th 2009, 02:19 PM
In a Book written by Tim Lahaye I found this gem:
"Be faithful and watch for the open door.
our Lord said "These are the words of Him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What He opens, no one can shut, and what He shuts, no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut" Rev3:7-8
I have found that our Lord is the master of the "open door" That is, he leads us to an open door of opportunity to serve him. The best advice I have ever heard is that we do not need a lifetime roadmap or masterplan for our lives. We just need to stay in close fellowship with the Master, who does have a plan for our lives. So we should busy ourselves cleaning up the room we are in and God will, in his own time, open another door to us. Once inside, we will find it too needs a lot of hard work, so we should busy ourselves cleaning up the second room. About the time we get that room cleaned up, there will be a third door open to us, then a fourth and so on. Finally we will look back and say, "Hasn't God been faithful to lead us into so many places of oppurtunity to serve him?" But in the meantime we need to be found "faithful," cleaning up the room we are in.

crossnote
May 10th 2009, 05:44 AM
In a Book written by Tim Lahaye I found this gem:
"Be faithful and watch for the open door.
our Lord said "These are the words of Him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What He opens, no one can shut, and what He shuts, no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut" Rev3:7-8
I have found that our Lord is the master of the "open door" That is, he leads us to an open door of opportunity to serve him. The best advice I have ever heard is that we do not need a lifetime roadmap or masterplan for our lives. We just need to stay in close fellowship with the Master, who does have a plan for our lives. So we should busy ourselves cleaning up the room we are in and God will, in his own time, open another door to us. Once inside, we will find it too needs a lot of hard work, so we should busy ourselves cleaning up the second room. About the time we get that room cleaned up, there will be a third door open to us, then a fourth and so on. Finally we will look back and say, "Hasn't God been faithful to lead us into so many places of oppurtunity to serve him?" But in the meantime we need to be found "faithful," cleaning up the room we are in.

Well, I wouldn't get too hung up on the Martha syndrome. I would reread that 'roadmap' :bible: while sitting at Jesus' feet with Mary before daily scurrying around with Martha.