PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT My mother had a hemorrhagic stroke yesterday.

Magnetic
May 21st 2009, 11:58 PM
My mother had a hemorrhagic stroke, last night, about 8:00 pm -sh. She to to the hospital soon after, and onto the other hospital, which has a Neuro Trauma ICU. Last night, the doctor was saying that it could take her life. NOT a good night, obviously. Her blood pressure was sky high, and they put her on a drip to control it, . . . and did so. CT scans showed a small section, probably silver dollar size, area were there was bleeding. She wasn't very responsive at all.

Today she's made improvements. MRI showed that there had been no further bleeding and she was able to do some commands that the RN asked her to do, and was making eye contact, . . . though still in that groggy state. The doctor seems hopeful!

Anyway, pray that she makes even more improvements in the days to come.

TRL1957
May 22nd 2009, 12:46 AM
I'm so very sorry your Mom is sick, and for all you're going through, it is scary. I will have you in my prayers :hug: God bless you

Vhayes
May 22nd 2009, 01:40 AM
Oh Magnetic - I'm so sorry this has happened. I'll be praying for all of you. most especially for your mom to keep showing improvements.
V

Skipscan
May 22nd 2009, 04:19 AM
Praying for your mom to make a full recovery.

Moxie
May 22nd 2009, 04:35 AM
Will be praying for you and your family

CoffeeCat
May 22nd 2009, 05:03 AM
Magnetic, I am praying for your mom and your family. I KNOW Jesus Christ has her in His arms through ALL of this. :hug: :pray:

GreekAsianPanda
May 22nd 2009, 06:33 PM
Oh my goodness! She is in my prayers! :pray: Praise the Lord she has improved. I will pray that she will continue to improve until she is back to normal. God bless you! :kiss:

Magnetic
May 22nd 2009, 07:19 PM
She showed more improvement today. Was more aware of who was there and what we were saying to her, so that's good. She still has the breathing tube in, and they won't remove it until the swelling goes down, possibly tomorrow. Keep her in prayer!

Pray for my family. It is stressful and emotionally draining on them. My sister has been putting in a lot of hours there, being with my dad, and we all come up as much as possible. They only allow 2 people in the ICU room, so my dad and sister are the main ones. The rest of us see her each day.

Please pray for me. From my past prayer requests, you were told of my situation with my girlfriend breaking up with me, and how devastating it was for me. It has been an emotional month for me, and yesterday, she made an appearance at the hospital to talk to me, . . . even though I hadn't heard anything from her for this past month. I appreciate her care for how my mom is doing, but seeing her was very tough and uncomfortable for me, and I would have rather it been a phone call or text message. I didn't need all that on top of worrying about my mother. I also have a small bit of evidence that she may be dating someone else already, . . . nothing concrete, but two things that I felt were consistant with it, . . . and if true, it is very hurtful since I still wish we were together. I need prayer for my emotional state, for all of what I have been enduring. I'm at the end of my rope. :(

Skipscan
May 23rd 2009, 01:31 PM
Mag, you need to focus on the situation at hand and put your ex-gf on the backburner. I know love hurts, but it's better to lose a thousand loves than to lose your mom. I'll be praying for your mom to get well soon.

moonglow
May 23rd 2009, 02:36 PM
I am so sorry about your mom and yes its been a rough month for you ..but right now its worse for your mom which I image you know...she is probably very scared right now. I am so glad you and your family are able to be there with her as much as possible. THAT will help her get better and heal quicker...knowing there are people that care about her. :)

I will be praying for her!

God bless

Frances
May 24th 2009, 05:55 PM
:pray: that the Healer fulfills all your mother's needs and fills you, and her, with His Peace .. . . .

Magnetic
May 24th 2009, 09:15 PM
It is Sunday afternoon, and having come back from the hospital, my mother is doing a lot better than this past Wednesday. She is able to understand, move, talk (though not very well just yet), and she may be moved to a regular room tomorrow. All in all, she is doing very well, and seems to be in pretty good spirits, considering. Thank for the care and prayers. :)

livingwaters
May 24th 2009, 09:46 PM
:ppPraise the Lord for HIS faithfulness in hearing the prayers of HIS faithful servants, HIS children. I pray the Lord continue to be with your mom and lead her to complete healing!!! Our God is truly an awesome God. As you can see, HE is taking care of your mom and you, so put all the other stife that the devil is using on you in God's great big loving arms, as HIS Word tells you to do!!!! NOTHING is too big for God to handle, Magnetic....remember that!!!! NOTHING!!!!

God Bless you:)

Vhayes
May 24th 2009, 09:51 PM
Thank you for the update, Magnetic and most especially, thank God for hearing and answering prayer. He is a mighty God, yet gentle and loving!
V

Redneck Charger
May 25th 2009, 12:02 PM
Jesus, Please continue to take very good care of this Mom.. Please Jesus..:pray::pray::pray::pray:Thank you Jesus for all you have done...

turtledove
May 28th 2009, 03:10 PM
Praising and thanking God she is better. Praying for her recovery. :pray:

tt1106
May 29th 2009, 10:03 PM
Father God we continue to lift this woman up to you and lay her at your feet. We continue to pray for healing and for recovery. Lord, we thank you for your Healing touch and we thank you for all that you have already done.
Lord, we continue to pray for strength and recovery and we ask that you continue touching her mind and healing her body. Lord, you are mighty and we pray these things in your Holy name.

Amen.