PDA

View Full Version : Are you aware-

tgallison
Jun 8th 2009, 01:18 PM
Are you aware that the Vaticanus B dates man 586 years older than the Hebrew Bible?

Are you aware that the Vaticanus B has Methuselah living beyond the flood by 14 years? It is not a scribal error, it is deliberate, because it involves calculations.

Can you help me? I have not been able to ascertain whether these errors are limited to the Vaticanus B, or if it is found in all Alexandrian Texts.

These errors are found in Genesis chapter five in the Vaticanus B.

All the textual critics seemed to have avoided this one when it comes to the reliability of the Vaticanus B.

Best regards, Terrell

Firefighter
Jun 8th 2009, 02:27 PM
I do not know, but I have a good feeling I know someone who does...;)

Here is the website of a good friend of mine. He is currently working on his PhD at Cambridge in textual criticism. I am confident that, if by some odd reason he does not know, he can certainly point you in the right direction.

Text and Canon Blogspot (http://textandcanon.blogspot.com/search/label/Inerrancy)

tgallison
Jun 10th 2009, 01:06 PM
I do not know, but I have a good feeling I know someone who does...;)

Here is the website of a good friend of mine. He is currently working on his PhD at Cambridge in textual criticism. I am confident that, if by some odd reason he does not know, he can certainly point you in the right direction.

Text and Canon Blogspot (http://textandcanon.blogspot.com/search/label/Inerrancy)

Urban Missionary thanks for your reply. I am not very computer literate. I wrote to your friend but when I went to send it they wanted me to change my home page which I did not want to. Perhaps you would ask him for me.

Terrell

Firefighter
Jun 10th 2009, 06:03 PM
I shot him an email. We should get a response within a day or two...:bounce:

tgallison
Jun 13th 2009, 01:39 PM
I shot him an email. We should get a response within a day or two...:bounce:

Urban Missionary greetings

I am surprised that none of the Textual Critics have replied.

There interest may lie with only altering the New Testament.

I guess they are not all complete fools. How do you overcome the science of mathematics with rhetoric or word definitions.

Again the Vaticanus B is corrupt from cover to cover.

Is it alone, in the old Alexandrian manuscripts, as being the only one that has Methuselah living fourteen years beyond the flood?

How would the Critical Text guys handle this one?

Maybe he was a stowaway and nobody noticed.

Surely the Critical Text guys could give us a very elegant discourse on how eight in the early Greek really meant nine, and how the foolish English translators didn't realize it. There was really nine souls on the Ark and not the eight that we ignorantly believed.

What is hard to understand is how you take four or five incomplete manuscripts that are corrupt from cover to cover, and come up with one trustworthy elegant English translation.

Maybe you don't come up with one. Maybe you have to have hundreds of translations. Each one reading diversely enough to get its own copyright.

That way you get to pick and choose what you wish to believe.

Is it God's method to give us false corrupt translations? Does God want you to choose what is easiest for you, that it might tickle your ear?

Men gave up everything they had including their life that we might have an English translation. We had a completed translation that was accepted as God's word for nearly 400 years. Now we have men that give up nothing, and tell us we can trust in nothing, but that which is corrupt from cover to cover.

If they can get you to believe that the Bible cannot be trusted, then it will be no problem that even the elect might be deceived.

Wake up! You are in the end Times.

Truth in Jesus Christ, Terrell