PDA

View Full Version : My small town has me a bit frustrated

WonderWoman4Jesus
Jun 21st 2009, 01:15 AM
Hello, not to sound like a whiner:lol: but living where I do has me a bit frustrated. I just don't seem to be able to really meet new people. I mean I have some really great friends that I made in high school. They're really great friends, but I can't seem to find people. Not to mention men are a rare species around here!:lol: So any tips?

KATMAN
Jun 21st 2009, 01:24 AM
How small is small? Sometimes we just have to go out of our way to meet people. Like in a grocery/department store. Walmart usally has a lot of people,the park,etc. Invite strangers to go to church with you. Who knows,they may take you up on it. :dunno:

thunderbyrd
Jun 22nd 2009, 10:48 AM
go to college. that's where all the men are and stuff.

WonderWoman4Jesus
Jun 22nd 2009, 09:01 PM
We do have a college here. It's a two-year, but it's a community. I have been going there for four years, adn a lot of it are returning adult students.

The Mighty Sword
Jun 23rd 2009, 03:31 PM
That's because there are no secrets there.;)

IMINXTC
Jun 23rd 2009, 07:01 PM
The same thing happens in big cities. I'm surrounded by about 7 million people of every variety but it doesn't raise the possibility of meeting or making friends. It's just that crazy. And when you do run into people who seem to be like you, they are usually too afraid or too cautious to make contact or even talk much.

I'ts like you end up living in a tiny town inside a bigger one. I deal with hundreds of people every week and meet many new ones, but have only a handful of friends and associates I gathered over the years.

If I wasn't meant to be here, I think I would trade for the peace and quiet and relative simplicty of a small town in a heartbeat. Know I would.

DeadToSelf
Jun 23rd 2009, 07:13 PM
:lol::lol:I live in LA and I come into a lot of people from day to day. I also like meeting new people. But I really don't meet a lot of people. Actually I don't talk to very many people out of high school. Only about 6 people. But I do know a lot of people from church.

It's not so much as meeting many guys as it is meeting the right guy. I don't know if I can just say this easily because I meet a lot of girls. But honestly I'm really not after one. If that helps or makes any sense.:lol::lol: