PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite food to grill?

KATMAN
Jul 3rd 2009, 03:45 AM
Nothing like fire and food. Just a way a man likes his meal. I like to cook chicken and love grilled corn. We can get fresh sweet corn for 4/$1. Complete the meal with potato salad,baked bbq beans,and sun tea w/lemons,I don't think there is a better meal out there. I'm sure guys who like to grill 20 oz t-bones will disagree. The only thing I like better than grilled chicken is grilled salmon. But since I don't live where I can fish for them,and it's too pricey to buy,chicken will have to do. What's your favorite?

Buck shot
Jul 3rd 2009, 07:53 PM
Pork is my favorite, wrapped in aluminum foil to hold all the moisture with different things added for whatever taste we are craving that day :D

IMINXTC
Jul 3rd 2009, 11:12 PM
Salmon, when I can get it. But pork chops run a close second...:)

Ayala
Jul 3rd 2009, 11:17 PM
I love grilling most kinds of meat. Fish overall is my favorite though.

KATMAN
Jul 4th 2009, 12:31 AM
Salmon, when I can get it. But pork chops run a close second...:)

I love grilled salmon.I wish it wasn't too pricey.

teddyv
Jul 4th 2009, 10:15 PM
I love grilled salmon.I wish it wasn't too pricey.
That's what you get for living in the middle of the continent. BTW, it's still expensive on the coast.:)

tt1106
Jul 5th 2009, 12:11 AM
Steak. (15 characters)

lbeaty1981
Jul 5th 2009, 12:15 AM
Cedar plank salmon is incredible.

My favorite thing to grill, though, is deer fajitas. Mmmmmmm...deer fajitas....

Slug1
Jul 5th 2009, 12:23 AM
I grill everything but if I had to say what I like the best... pork!

Today was porkloin... limepepper and garlic dryrub, grilled (not smoked) over super hot charwood to blacken the outside of the pork as it cooked. Once done, placed in foil and doused with lime juice, then wrapped tight! Sped inside to sit on the table for a few minutes till we ate... MMMMMM Good!

Slug1
Jul 5th 2009, 12:26 AM
Steak. (15 characters)Get one of those cheap plastic diner ketchup bottles... fill it about 2/3 with spring water, 5 tablespoons of seasalt, 2 tablespoons of Cayenne Red pepper powder (I use organic) and as the steak cooks... keep dousing it with this!! :pp

Of course, alter to taste! I use more pepper and less salt from this base recipe.

Slug1
Jul 5th 2009, 12:28 AM
I love grilled salmon.I wish it wasn't too pricey.This is what I wanted to cook tonight but the store was out... can you believe that :o

Ayala
Jul 5th 2009, 12:30 AM
EDIT: Post no longer relevant. :P

I have some salmon around here if you wanna come get it. :D

Slug1
Jul 5th 2009, 12:39 AM
EDIT: Post no longer relevant. :P

I have some salmon around here if you wanna come get it. :DI'm to full :rofl:

KATMAN
Jul 5th 2009, 11:17 AM
That's what you get for living in the middle of the continent. BTW, it's still expensive on the coast.:)

I use to be able to get salmon,swordfish,and tuna at a very reasonable price.The comapny worked for I for had a little comapny store behind the plant.When it moved into a bigger facility,they quit carrying it. Go figure.

tt1106
Jul 5th 2009, 01:38 PM
Get one of those cheap plastic diner ketchup bottles... fill it about 2/3 with spring water, 5 tablespoons of seasalt, 2 tablespoons of Cayenne Red pepper powder (I use organic) and as the steak cooks... keep dousing it with this!! :pp

Of course, alter to taste! I use more pepper and less salt from this base recipe.
That sounds really good. I'll try it.

Drums4Him
Jul 5th 2009, 02:49 PM
Salmon drizzled in a little olive oil so the salmon grilling stuff I put on it sticks. I like to have the middle of the piece on the raw side.

Chicken on the grill with seasoning salt.

Hamburgers are quick and easy, (at least mine are)

tango
Jul 5th 2009, 03:15 PM
I like fat slices of chorizo thrown on the grill. My local supermarket's slicing machine can cut about 1/4" thick, but they usually look a bit puzzled when I ask for it cut so thickly.

Chuck slices on the grill and when it curls at all the edges to form a slight cup-shape flip it over. That keeps it mostly flat, and lets the excess fat drain off.

Failing that, a good steak is always good.

Ayala
Jul 5th 2009, 03:20 PM
I cook my chorizo, mixed in with eggs. :P

baxpack7
Jul 6th 2009, 02:09 AM
Let's see if I can put this in perspective(in relation to the OP)

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Animals/Cows/FarmAnimals//ACFDVolume01/ACFD01_002.jpg

tango
Jul 6th 2009, 08:33 AM
Priceless... it sums up what works best on a grill so nicely!

Buck shot
Jul 6th 2009, 03:53 PM
I cook my chorizo, mixed in with eggs. :P

I had to look and see if you were from Texas, we cook it the same way :cool:

The Mighty Sword
Jul 6th 2009, 04:09 PM
Hot links and Onion blossoms.

KATMAN
Jul 9th 2009, 02:37 PM
I cooked some grilled chicken breasts and veggie bobs last night. The first time for veggie bobs. I used onions,zucunni,mushrooms,bellpeppers and cherry tomatos.Basted with a special butter sauce during grilling and afterward.Best veggies I ever had.

-SEEKING-
Jul 9th 2009, 03:30 PM
Burgers, Nathan's Hotdogs, and recently Bratwurst.

crawfish
Jul 9th 2009, 07:04 PM
I like to soak chicken or steaks in Yoshida sauce (http://www.mryoshidas.com/) for about three days and then grill. Incredible flavor, much better than teriyaki.

JWayne
Jul 9th 2009, 07:05 PM
A big juicy T-bone grilled caveman style!!

The Mighty Sword
Jul 9th 2009, 07:25 PM
My favorite thing to grill since I have oriental friends, would have to be Cat

fish:lol:, they know how to cook fish.

Ayala
Jul 9th 2009, 07:30 PM
I had to look and see if you were from Texas, we cook it the same way :cool:

S'the best way to have it. :D

DaveS
Jul 10th 2009, 03:35 AM
About 2 years ago I did a 3lb pork tenderloin that I left in a merrinade overnight, that I lost the recipe for. Then I put on a killer dry rub, that I lost the recipe for. It was the best thing I ever grilled in my life!

I can't wait til I get to heaven so I can find those darned recipes again.