PDA

View Full Version : The Day God Left.

napsnsnacks
Jul 7th 2009, 12:19 AM
Can someone refresh me on just where in the bible is the story where God was in the temple calling to the Jews and they ignored Him, then He moved out front of the temple and called and they still ignored Him, then He was out in the street calling and was still ignored, then He went up to the mountain and called and was still ignored so He simply left earth and hasn't been seen as such since.

MarleVVLL
Jul 7th 2009, 04:32 AM
I think you're referring to the glory of the first temple. However, that is not the same as "God leaving".

CoffeeCat
Jul 7th 2009, 04:36 AM
God hasn't left us, forsaken us, given up on us, or abandoned us in any way. If I can ask.... where do you get the sense, from that story, that God actually left those on earth, so to speak?

Yattara
Jul 7th 2009, 03:50 PM
Is this in the Bible? I don't recall reading it. *puzzled*

Desperaux
Jul 7th 2009, 03:57 PM
I certainly am not familiar with such a story.

napsnsnacks
Jul 7th 2009, 06:47 PM
Yes it's in the bible. God called and called, in the temple, out front, in the street, down the road, was ignored until He finally went up the mountain and called, was still ignored and disappeared and hasn't been seen AS SUCH since.

Keturah
Jul 7th 2009, 06:58 PM
Can someone refresh me on just where in the bible is the story where God was in the temple calling to the Jews and they ignored Him, then He moved out front of the temple and called and they still ignored Him, then He was out in the street calling and was still ignored, then He went up to the mountain and called and was still ignored so He simply left earth and hasn't been seen as such since.

Sorry this doesnt sound familiar to me at all.......I dont think it is in the Bible.

Where did you hear this?

:dunno:

napsnsnacks
Jul 7th 2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry this doesnt sound familiar to me at all.......I dont think it is in the Bible.

Where did you hear this?

:dunno:

I didn't hear it anywhere I read it someone where in the bible.

CoffeeCat
Jul 7th 2009, 08:21 PM
I didn't hear it anywhere I read it someone where in the bible.

Napsnsnacks, do you recall which version of the Bible you read it in? And when you might have read it?

I ask, because I honestly do not think that story, as it's been described and understood by you, is in the Bible. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that God's left us, or removed Himself from us in some way..... and I am concerned that you may have been given a group's book or article that includes this story when in fact it isn't included in the Bible.

Desperaux
Jul 7th 2009, 08:46 PM
What about this?

2 Chronicles 24:18-20
Therefore they left the house of the LORD God of their fathers, and served wooden images and idols; and wrath came upon Judah and Jerusalem because of their trespass. 19 Yet He sent prophets to them, to bring them back to the LORD; and they testified against them, but they would not listen.
20 Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, who stood above the people, and said to them, “Thus says God: ‘Why do you transgress the commandments of the LORD, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken the LORD, He also has forsaken you.’”

Zack702
Jul 7th 2009, 10:25 PM
God hid his face but he did not leave never to return. He returned as Jesus forever crowned our connection to God.

Deuteronomy 31:17
Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?

Isaiah 8:17
And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.

Ezekiel 39
23And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

24According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

25Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;

26After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

27When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

29Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Firefighter
Jul 8th 2009, 02:36 PM
I think the story you are looking for is in Ezekiel 8.

Let me know if that is not it.

Desperaux
Jul 8th 2009, 07:59 PM
I think the story you are looking for is in Ezekiel 8.

Let me know if that is not it.

I think that could be it!

napsnsnacks
Jul 8th 2009, 11:35 PM
I see nothing in Ezekiel 8 that could be it.

crossnote
Jul 9th 2009, 01:40 AM
Perhaps somewhere in the Apocrypha? Are you Roman Catholic? For them, that is also the bible.

Firefighter
Jul 9th 2009, 02:04 AM
I see nothing in Ezekiel 8 that could be it.

That is the closest story in the protestant Bible I know of. I'm out of suggestions...:giveup:

CoffeeCat
Jul 9th 2009, 02:24 AM
I think the only way you're going to find the story will be to start with the first chapter and first verse of the first OT book.....

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"

and work your way all the way through to

"He will encourage fathers and their children to return to me, so that I will not come and strike the earth with judgment" .... the last chapter and last verse in the last OT book!

If that story is somewhere between Genesis and Malachi, I'd be surprised.... but if it's not there, then it would at least be a very good Bible study, I think. :)

napsnsnacks
Jul 9th 2009, 05:00 AM
I think the only way you're going to find the story will be to start with the first chapter and first verse of the first OT book.....

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth"

and work your way all the way through to

"He will encourage fathers and their children to return to me, so that I will not come and strike the earth with judgment" .... the last chapter and last verse in the last OT book!

If that story is somewhere between Genesis and Malachi, I'd be surprised.... but if it's not there, then it would at least be a very good Bible study, I think. :)

I must be dreaming fictitious scriptures because it seems as clear to me as if I had read it yesterday.

Desperaux
Jul 9th 2009, 06:22 AM
I am sticking my neck out to say that what you are looking for is not in the Bible.

crossnote
Jul 11th 2009, 12:05 AM
Here is something close---

Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
(Pro 1:20-29)