PDA

View Full Version : It is time to wake up!

StephenSims
Jul 9th 2009, 12:33 AM
"I was a good person who made many mistakes. My mistakes were in fact sins and these sins took hold of my life. My hidden sin became so powerful in my life, that when God started convicting me of my sins and I couldn't find a way to fix myself, I became totally consumed by it.
I would eventually become so caught up in my sin, that I would embezzle a large amount of money from the company I worked for. I tried to run and hide from my sin for a long time until the day I finally took my sins to God and recieved forgiveness. I then confessed my wrongdoing to my bosses which led to me being dismissed from my job and felony criminal charges being made against me.
After I was arrested, I kept hearing from different people that I was just a "good person" who made a mistake. The truth is that I may have appeared to be a "good person" on the outside, but inwardly I was harboring secret sin and it was destroying my life.
While I was in jail, God called me to go into the world and help those "good people" whose lives are being destroyed by their "secret sins". This secret sin is keeping them from God's blessings and keeping God's church from experiencing true revival.
I am not some miracle worker or claim to be a great messenger, but what I do have is a message from God for all of those that wrestle with Sin. God is calling you to come forward, confess and repent of your sins, make restitution and see the mighty things He has in store for you and His church."
I have been through so much in my life; from hearbreaks and losses to the death of my daughter. My desire is to share not just what I have been through but how God has brought me through all of it. He is a loving faithful God who will never foresake us. I have learned to live each day in faith and God manifests Himself in my life each and every day.
I continue to look for opportunities to share my testimony and to preach the Word of God. I ask each of you to pray with me that God will lead me to the places that "He" wants me at and continues to lead me in His good and perfect will.
We must deal with sin each and every day, resist the devil and he will flee from us and put on the full armor of God! Don't let unresolved sin keep us from God's blessings!
Thanks for listening and my prayer is that my testimony will help you in your life. Perhaps our paths will cross here on earth but if not, my prayer is that you will be in heaven with me one day!
If anyone needs someone to talk with or to pray with, do not hesitate to contact me.
May God richly bless you!

Thanks,
Stephen Sims

Keturah
Jul 9th 2009, 03:07 AM
Our God is a God of new beginnings. Praise His name.:)

StephenSims
Jul 9th 2009, 07:45 PM
That is so true Keturah and my prayer for anyone who reads this is that you will search your heart and submit your whole self unto God. Let Him test you with fire and if there be any sin in your life, repent and turn from it. Sin will destroy us and sadly many "christians" have undealt with sin in their lives that prevent them from experiencing the full benefits of being a child of God. We cannot serve two masters and we are either with God or against Him. I know these words sound harsh to some but I truly feel that sin in our lives is keeping true revival from occurring. We must search the Word and seek after the good and perfect will of God. Too many of us, and I have been there in the past, have listened to those who would offer false hope that our sin was "alright" or acceptable but the truth is that God hates sin and the reason He hates sin is because of what it does to our lives. It will destroy you if it is not dealt with. My prayer is that all who read this will go to the Lord in prayer right now and ask Him to search your heart and reveal any "undealt with" sin and then I pray that you will repent and that God will give you the strength and the ability to make restitution.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20 (New International Version)

Trust me, God will open up Heaven and you will experience His full blessings. He has called us to be a Holy people. Ask Jesus to sit upon the throne of your heart and resist the devil on a daily basis and he will flee from you. Sin has no place in the Christians life.

We do not have the ability to "fix" ourselves so we must take it to Him. We must admit our sins to one another and seek forgiveness. It is very difficult to do but necessary. God will see us through every step of this journey and I speak this from experience.

If you feel like your prayers aren't being answered or if you feel like your spiritual life has dried up then maybe you have undealt with sin in your life. You can be refreshed and renewed today; just take it all to God in prayer. Remember, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins!

I will praying for all of you, both those who needed this and those who are faithful, God bless you all!