PDA

View Full Version : Struggling so much with doubt

BluePlastic
Jul 23rd 2009, 06:26 AM
As people who have read some of my recent threads may have gathered, I am really struggling with doubt and unhappiness recently. I feel like the comfort other believers describe is being denied to me, even though I've asked God to please let me feel it, to show me that I'm right to trust him, to take away some of my uncertainty and offer me security.

Please pray for me -- this hurts so much, and I don't want to give up...I don't want to despair of ever getting the answers I need.

blessedmommyuv3
Jul 23rd 2009, 12:08 PM
BP, please know that you are in my prayers, daily.

Hebrews 12:
2: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

In Christ,
Jen

AndrewBaptistFL
Jul 23rd 2009, 03:40 PM
I am praying for you friend. Ask the same thing of Jesus that His disiples did. "Lord, increase our faith". Pray often and ask Him to reveal Himself to you.

IMINXTC
Jul 23rd 2009, 07:19 PM
Yes, praying for victory for you in this battle against doubt and uncertainty.

The Mighty Sword
Jul 23rd 2009, 07:42 PM
Struggling so much with doubt

Is another way of exercising your faith, so work out.

We pray Father for your strength.

slightlypuzzled
Jul 23rd 2009, 07:44 PM
I am praying for His richest blessings for you, and for the surety of faith that comes out of a long dry spell. I have been there, and know that the struggle is worth the fight....may He strengthen you...:pray:

beckisted2004
Jul 23rd 2009, 07:46 PM
I've added you to my daily prayer list :hug: Praying :pray:

sedux
Jul 23rd 2009, 07:55 PM
Hi BP! Praying that the Lord will help your unbelief, and that whatever strongholds there may be in your life that may be keeping you from fully experiencing God's presence, will be broken. :pray:

Twin2
Jul 23rd 2009, 08:43 PM
I am also praying for you, that you will find the faith you need in the Lord. Fear and doubt are mighty big weapons Satan tries to use against Christians. Keep reading the word and praying. Don't give up and the Lord will show you the way.

Read chapter 1 of Joshua. Joshua is the new leader for the children of Israel after Moses died. He has doubts of his own and he was assured to be strong and of good courage, the Lord was with him as he had been with Moses. If we trust and obey the Lord, we can claim this same promise.

In Matthew 14:23-31 you see that Peter walked on water. As long as his eyes were on Jesus, his faith was in him and he walked on water. As soon as he looked at the conditions around him, he became afraid and began to sink. He cried out to the Lord to save him, and the Lord did. That's the way we have to be in our trials - keeping our eyes on the Lord. When we start to waver in our faith, we start to lose the victory. When we focus on the Lord, our faith grows.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timonthy 1:7

BluePlastic
Jul 23rd 2009, 09:21 PM
I would like to say thank you to everyone for their kindness and prayers, and for talking with me in recent threads even though I was being pretty defiant and mad.

I prayed a lot myself last night, and now I got out my Bible to study it, and opened it for the first time (It's a new bible, the Life Application Study Bible, that I bought a few days ago.) When it opened up, it was on Psalm 131, which is a really short one but...very good, for this situation:

My heart is not proud, O Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.

The psalm in my signature is one that I opened my Bible to at another time when I was doubtful and needed hope. I hate to be all starry-eyed, seeing too much in coincidences, but...maybe it's his way of talking to me?

Vhayes
Jul 23rd 2009, 09:29 PM
The bible is God's love letters to us - telling us about Him and His plan for us, His great love for us. It isn't a coincidence at all - it's the Holy Spirit speaking to your heart.

I had this as an email the other day and thought I would share it with you.

Whispers

The man whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang.
But, the man did not hear.

So the man yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky.
But, the man did not listen.

The man looked around and said, "God let me see you." And a star shined brightly.
But the man did not see.

And, the man shouted, "God show me a miracle." And, a life was born.
But, the man did not notice.

So, the man cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here."
Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man. But, the man brushed the butterfly away... and walked on.

I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted ... even in our electronic age.

BluePlastic
Jul 23rd 2009, 10:06 PM
The bible is God's love letters to us - telling us about Him and His plan for us, His great love for us. It isn't a coincidence at all - it's the Holy Spirit speaking to your heart.

I had this as an email the other day and thought I would share it with you.

That's a nice email :) Sort of a nicer, expanded version of the joke about the man in the flood who rejects all the people that God sends to help him :)

The more I get those coincidences, the more I come to your way of thinking, that they aren't coincidences. I hope they continue. :)

tt1106
Jul 23rd 2009, 10:11 PM
That's a nice email :) Sort of a nicer, expanded version of the joke about the man in the flood who rejects all the people that God sends to help him :)

The more I get those coincidences, the more I come to your way of thinking, that they aren't coincidences. I hope they continue. :)

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
-Albert Einstein

tt1106

GreekAsianPanda
Jul 23rd 2009, 11:56 PM
I will definitely pray for you! :pray: You're not alone; I feel like that sometimes, too. I tell myself that I won't give up, just like you. Once I get passed the doubt, my belief gets even stronger. Doubt will go away eventually, don't worry.

:hug:

Colo25
Jul 24th 2009, 03:19 AM
praying for you to have renewed strength in your faith! :pray:
I believe that sometimes when we just open our bible randomly to a page, that it is indeed God speaking to us. I do this alot, and most times I find that he is answering something I have asked, or was wondering about, etc...I pray that this too will be your outcome.:pray:

Redneck Charger
Jul 24th 2009, 03:20 AM
As people who have read some of my recent threads may have gathered, I am really struggling with doubt and unhappiness recently. I feel like the comfort other believers describe is being denied to me, even though I've asked God to please let me feel it, to show me that I'm right to trust him, to take away some of my uncertainty and offer me security.

Please pray for me -- this hurts so much, and I don't want to give up...I don't want to despair of ever getting the answers I need.

Praying for you..and Know that Jesus is always with you..:pray::pray::pray:

tt1106
Jul 24th 2009, 10:35 AM
BP, I thought of you this morning. Yesterday on Facebook I too a quiz on which Christian song I am.
Turns out I'm Motions by Matthew West. Guess which song woke me up this morning on my clock radio?
Exactly, Motions by Matthew West. Coincidence, perhaps, but I prefer to think of it as God's validation. I said thank you to him and got up to study his word.

Blessings Sister. Alot of times it's the little things.

tt1106