PDA

View Full Version : Discussion How do you sweeten your waters?

The Mighty Sword
Jul 26th 2009, 07:10 PM
Christians that drink of the Marah.

Exodus 15:22-27 (KJV)
22So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur; and they went three days in the wilderness, and found no water.
23And when they came to Marah, they could not drink of the waters of Marah, for they were bitter: therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24And the people murmured against Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
25And he cried unto the LORD; and the LORD shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them,
26And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee. 27And they came to Elim, where were twelve wells of water, and threescore and ten palm trees: and they encamped there by the waters.

I for one am guilty of drinking from the Marah (Bitter Waters).

Many people are bitter, even those proclaiming to be Christians, but in the passage of Moses, it shows us the God had shown moses a tree to throw into the Marah to sweeten the waters, and it did.

How do we sweeten our water?

Acts 5:30-32 (KJV) 30The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Tree of Life
Genesis 2:8-9 (NKJV)8 The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The Tree is The Tree of Life and The Tree of Life is The Cross, let it sweeten your waters.

Please share your thoughts of wisdom.

Love.

The Mighty Sword

Equipped_4_Love
Jul 26th 2009, 08:04 PM
Good word, Mighty Sword;

I don't have much words of wisdom to share here, but I just wanted to comment that I enjoyed this very much.

Every single one of us have drank from the bitter water, some more than others. I know that when I was in the world, the waters actually tasted sweet. Now that the cross of Christ has truly sweetened the waters, I can see how bitter they really were.

The bitter waters bring death, but God has tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9)

The Mighty Sword
Jul 26th 2009, 10:14 PM
Good word, Mighty Sword;

I don't have much words of wisdom to share here, but I just wanted to comment that I enjoyed this very much.

Every single one of us have drank from the bitter water, some more than others. I know that when I was in the world, the waters actually tasted sweet. Now that the cross of Christ has truly sweetened the waters, I can see how bitter they really were.

The bitter waters bring death, but God has tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9)

Amen. Thank you.