PDA

View Full Version : Wrong

Pelican23
Jul 29th 2009, 06:39 PM
I know, "look it up" but is there any where in a literal translation bible where Jesus uses the word wrong? If so I'd be interested in seeing the verse.

Athanasius
Jul 29th 2009, 07:33 PM
Depends, what are you trying to justify?

slightlypuzzled
Jul 29th 2009, 07:49 PM
I know, "look it up" but is there any where in a literal translation bible where Jesus uses the word wrong? If so I'd be interested in seeing the verse.

About the only 'literal translation' would be an inter-linear text, and you can buy them. It will have the Greek text with a word for word translation underneath, which will make no sense unless you teach yourself to order the words into a standard English sentence structure; i.e., subject-verb-direct object/indirect object with any attendant modifiers, and take into account any independent or dependent clasuses in the Greek grammar of the sentence in question. So then, are you looking for words and/or phrases which depict Jesus pointing out a false belief to His listeners? If so, that is easily done.

Pelican23
Jul 29th 2009, 07:59 PM
Nope! Just the word

Words mean so much more than definitions in this world.

slightlypuzzled
Jul 29th 2009, 08:10 PM
Nope! Just the word

Now that is a curious statement....since English is rich with synonyms....

Athanasius
Jul 29th 2009, 08:22 PM
Nope! Just the word

Word are metaphors, descriptors of reality. Does the word mean more, or what the word is describing? The latter, of course. Why do you want to know?

Lordistruth
Aug 3rd 2009, 11:25 PM
I don't know the answer personally, but if anyone can think of a literal use, why not just give him one. I guess he could find an online copy and hit edit:find