PDA

View Full Version : How 'Smart' Was Adam

Gulah Papyrus
Aug 19th 2009, 09:42 PM
I was watching this show called 'Superhumans" on DCVSCI and was wondering if before the fall Adam could calculate 83 to 15 powers in his head like this guy on TV.:hmm:

Any thoughts?

Athanasius
Aug 19th 2009, 09:43 PM
Before he fell? Had to be the most intelligent person to ever live, right alongside Eve... Mind you, not the wisest.

Scubadude
Aug 19th 2009, 10:24 PM
I was watching this show called 'Superhumans" on DCVSCI and was wondering if before the fall Adam could calculate 83 to 15 powers in his head like this guy on TV.:hmm:

Any thoughts?

If he couldn't count as high as all that, he was pretty smart to take a job like "be fruitful and multiply." How does one get a gig like that today, and not break the law?

Stormfreak1
Aug 20th 2009, 01:20 AM
If you look at how big of a garden God put under the leadership of Adam in Genesis 2:10-14; I need to assume that (before the fall) Adam was incredibly brilliant. Scientists say that we only use around 10% of our actual brain capacity today.

When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...talk about getting a "brain freeze". :B:B

HisLeast
Aug 20th 2009, 01:57 AM
If you look at how big of a garden God put under the leadership of Adam in Genesis 2:10-14; I need to assume that (before the fall) Adam was incredibly brilliant. Scientists say that we only use around 10% of our actual brain capacity today.

When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil...talk about getting a "brain freeze". :B:B

Common misconception. We only use a fraction of our brain capacity at a time. So you can calculate the cube root of 8892254 in your head, and use every ounce of your math capacity... but you can't calculate the cube root of 889225, play basketball, sing, listen to your iPod, determine the flavor of gum, dream, and interpret a metaphor all at once.

BrckBrln
Aug 20th 2009, 02:05 AM
Before he fell? Had to be the most intelligent person to ever live, right alongside Eve... Mind you, not the wisest.

Where do you get that from?

Stormfreak1
Aug 20th 2009, 05:01 AM
Common misconception. We only use a fraction of our brain capacity at a time. So you can calculate the cube root of 8892254 in your head, and use every ounce of your math capacity... but you can't calculate the cube root of 889225, play basketball, sing, listen to your iPod, determine the flavor of gum, dream, and interpret a metaphor all at once.

Whose to say that Adam could not do some of these things at the same time before the fall (if they had existed in the garden, of course)? For a guy to name all the animals in the garden... where everything was growing without the hindrance of sin...he must have pretty smart.

Has anyone ever considered why Eve was (literally) talking with a snake- and didn't recognize something was awry with a snake talking to her?

Brother Mark
Aug 20th 2009, 05:26 AM
Has anyone ever considered why Eve was (literally) talking with a snake- and didn't recognize something was awry with a snake talking to her?

That same snake can still speak today and he gives people all kinds of evil thoughts!

Stormfreak1
Aug 20th 2009, 05:51 AM
I'm not talking about - satan, that ancient serpant. (He still "talks" WAY too much.)

I'm talking about literally having a conversation with a snake, like when Balaam's donkey was literally talking to him. It seems strange to me that Eve was literally talking to a literal snake. That it didn't strike her as being something unusual tells me something about Adam/Eve's capacities before the fall.

Brother Mark
Aug 20th 2009, 05:55 AM
I'm not talking about - satan, that ancient serpant. (He still "talks" WAY too much.)

I'm talking about literally having a conversation with a snake, like when Balaam's donkey was literally talking to him. It seems strange to me that Eve was literally talking to a literal snake. That it didn't strike her as being something unusual tells me something about Adam/Eve's capacities before the fall.

Who was that literal snake?

But supposing it was a literal snake, in her experience why should she be shocked? It's not like she had a lifetime of experience to draw upon.

And perhaps it was her spirit communicating with ole slew foot. And he communicated with her the same way. I think you have a stronger case with Balaam and his donkey.

daughter
Aug 20th 2009, 07:01 AM
Well, Solomon was the wisest man who ever lived, and some scientist, if you look at his accomplishments in the field.

Adam and Eve must have been the smartest people on the planet at least to begin with. :lol: They were the only ones there!

Well, Adam "naming" the animals... that would imply some great science knowledge. He wasn't just calling them Fred or Fido... he was classifying them. We know also that he is responsible for the first love poem. There is some indication that he could write.

His immediate descendants were quite intelligent and creative too... even the sinners. They built cities, invented musical instruments, agriculture, animal farming, metalurgy... we're talking a clever race of people here. I would imagine they inherited their brilliance from our first parents.

kewldude
Aug 20th 2009, 07:30 AM
All of that from the grace of God, starts with a thought.

RabbiKnife
Aug 20th 2009, 01:25 PM
That same snake can still speak today and he gives people all kinds of evil thoughts!

Does this mean that Eve spoke Parseltongue?????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

-SEEKING-
Aug 20th 2009, 01:29 PM
Does this mean that Eve spoke Parseltongue?????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dangit. You beat me to it. :B:B

RabbiKnife
Aug 20th 2009, 01:30 PM
Dangit. You beat me to it. :B:B

Great minds think alike...it was low hanging fruit, but sweet...

:D

HisLeast
Aug 20th 2009, 01:42 PM

Or that her reaction (be it shock or banality) was not considered important enough to be logged.

Scubadude
Aug 20th 2009, 08:07 PM

Maybe all the animals talked back then? We don't understand the effects of the fall on the creation.

btw: that's not a serious thought.

JohnDB
Aug 20th 2009, 08:12 PM
Well...I do know

That God blamed Adam
That Adam blamed Eve
Eve blamed the snake

and since God knew that snakes don't talk...boy howdy was she in for it.:lol:

daughter
Aug 20th 2009, 08:13 PM
Maybe all the animals talk now, and we can't hear them any more.

Why would monkeys and ravens have language processing parts of their brains, if God didn't design them to have language skills? Either they've atrophied, or we can't translate animal anymore.

Whatever, there is more going on I believe than we can know.

RabbiKnife
Aug 20th 2009, 08:14 PM

Why would monkeys and ravens have language processing parts of their brains, if God didn't design them to have language skills? Either they've atrophied, or we can't translate animal anymore.

Hear, hear, Daughter.

My cat sure can talk. He knows water, whitefish, outside (his favorite) chipmunk, squirrell, bird, and sunroom.

And he has different "meows" for each, and has no problem communicating exactly what he wants.

:saint:

third hero
Aug 20th 2009, 08:20 PM

You know, Genesis 9 gives a lot of credence to your thinking that man could talk to animals at one time.

Brother Mark
Aug 20th 2009, 08:53 PM

You may find more people think that men and animals could (an maybe still can) communicate on some level.

The Mighty Sword
Aug 20th 2009, 09:03 PM
How 'Smart' Was Adam

More like How "smart" was Eve?

Adam should have asked her " what are you doing talking to snakes forget the quince" then dumped her. and asked GOD for plan B :lol:

Gulah Papyrus
Aug 20th 2009, 10:00 PM
If you go to the 9:38 mark of this video clip you can watch the guy calculate 83 to 15 powers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE0vEGURH8g&feature=related

...pretty crazy. There is also a group of people who can taste words, and colors, and music...and a guy who runs a half marathon barefoot on snow and ice...among others. They have the entire show on you tube if you're interested.

Pretty fascinating stuff. Makes you wonder what your human self is actually capable of.

Heaven is going to be so great.:)