PDA

View Full Version : Revival - A call to repentance

Brother Mark
Aug 21st 2009, 02:38 PM
In times past, God has moved in great revivals! He moved in men like Whitfield, Wesley, Duncan Cambel, and many others. Many of these men were Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, and other denominations. They were Calvinist and Arminian that God had gripped deep in their heart. He had revealed His holiness and majesty to them and at the same time, revealed to themselves their small stature. Someone once asked Whitfield (a Calvinist) if he thought he would see Wesley in heaven. Whitfield responded “No. For I think that Wesley will be so close to the thrown that I will not glimpse him.” No wonder these men could walk in power! Such humility and the glory of God was their prime motive. Recently, God has begun moving in my heart about my own sin and his own greatness.

Because of this change taking place in my own heart, I have desired to start a thread on revival. I ask that we all consider our own hearts. I, nor do I believe God, wish for this thread to be a thread of debate over Calvinism or Arminianism or of winning a point or argument. Instead, I ask that those that wish to participate do so from a sense of desiring God and desiring brokenness and desiring all that God desire for himself through us.

In another thread I started, someone answered my question about sin and debating with these verses.

Colossians 4:5
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders. Make the most of every opportunity.

1 Peter 2:20
...but if you suffer for doing good and endure it, this is commendable before God.

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone. Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the King.

1 Peter 2:15
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, living in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Ephesians 4:31
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.

With that, let us start a thread on revival. Here, we can ask the Lord to move in our hearts. We can share testimonies of his conviction, of his glory, of Him. We can pray, praise, give scripture, tell stories, all for the sake of Him and His glory and to stir us up, by way of remembrance, to Him.

May God grant us our request for His glory.

Grace,

Mark

ps. For all who post in this thread, I ask only that their desire be one of brokenness for themselves and a desire for a burning heart for God. I ask one other thing... no reps on this thread please. Copy and paste and speak praises on a post that thrills your heart and share.

Brother Mark
Aug 21st 2009, 02:39 PM
The other day, I ran into a video that impacted me deeply. It had taken little snippets from messages by various preachers at revivals and put them in a video. The video is about 10 minutes long. Then, I did a search for the video on the internet and found a longer version. Below is the link. It’s a little over 30 minutes long. But I encourage you to listen to at least the first 10 minutes.

http://www.revivalhymn.com/

After listening to this video, my heart was gripped! I was convicted of my selfishness and how much I was living for me.

Afterwards, I started searching for some of the messages that were on the video. I found one by Paris Reidhead called “Ten Shekels and a shirt”. For those that like good preaching, here is the link.

Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead (http://media.sermonindex.net/2/SID2575.mp3)

The basic point is that we, as a church, are working for 10 shekels and a shirt. We are working to help ourselves. We are seeking God’s hand instead of his face. Oh the pain in my heart when I saw the self centered nature with which I had approached my God! The message is on humanism and Christianity and how humanism had seeped into Christianity. To my shame, and now great joy, I found that humanism had gotten into my heart. Oh the grief of seeing it and oh the joy of beginning the process of having it removed.

Here are two stories that gripped my heart in this message on 10 shekels and a shirt.

NOW I ASK YOU WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF MISSIONS? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF EVANGELISM? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF A CHRISTIAN?

If you'll ask me why I went to Africa, I'll tell you I went primarily to improve on the justice of God. I didn't think it was right for anybody to go to Hell without a chance to be saved. So I went to give poor sinners a chance to go to heaven. Now I haven't put it in so many words, but if you'll analyze what I just told you do you know what it is? Humanism. That I was simply using the provisions of Jesus Christ as a means to improve upon human conditions of suffering and misery. And when I went to Africa, I discovered that they weren't poor, ignorant, little heathen running around in the woods looking for someone to tell them how to go to heaven. That they were MONSTERS OF INIQUITY !!! THEY WERE LIVING IN UTTER AND TOTAL DEFIANCE OF FAR MORE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD THEN I EVER DREAMED THEY HAD !

They deserved Hell! Because they utterly refused to walk in the light of their conscious, and the light of the law written upon their heart, and the testimony of nature, and the truth they knew! And when I found that out I assure you I was so angry with God that on one occasion in prayer I told Him it was a mighty ...... little thing He'd done, sending me out there to reach these people that were waiting to be told how to go to heaven. When I got there I found out they knew about heaven, and didn't want to go there, and that they loved their sin and wanted to stay in it.

I went out there motivated by humanism. I'd seen pictures of lepers, I'd seen pictures of ulcers, I'd seen pictures of native funerals, and I didn't want my fellow human beings to suffer in Hell eternally after such a miserable existence on earth. But it was there in Africa that God began to tear THROUGH THE OVERLAY OF THIS HUMANISM! And it was that day in my bedroom with the door locked that I wrestled with God. For here was I, coming to grips with the fact that the people I thought were ignorant and wanted to know how to go to heaven and were saying "Someone come and teach us", actually didn't want to take time to talk with me or anybody else. They had no interest in the Bible and no interest in Christ, and they loved their sin and wanted to continue in it. And I was to that place at that time where I felt the whole thing was a sham and a mockery, and I had been sold a bill of goods! And I wanted to come home.

There alone in my bedroom AS I FACED GOD HONESTLY WITH WHAT MY HEART FELT, it seemed to me I heard Him say, "Yes, will not the Judge of all the earth do right? The heathen are lost. And they're going to go to Hell, not because they haven't heard the gospel. They're going to go to Hell because they are sinners, WHO LOVE THEIR SIN! And because they deserve Hell. BUT, I didn't send you out there for them. I didn't send you out there for their sakes." And I heard as clearly as I've ever heard, though it wasn't with physical voice but it was the echo of truth of the ages finding its' way into an open heart. I heard God say to my heart that day something like this, "I didn't send you to Africa for the sake of the heathen, I sent you to Africa for My sake. They deserved Hell! But I LOVE THEM !!! AND I ENDURED THE AGONIES OF HELL FOR THEM !!! I DIDN'T SEND YOU OUT THERE FOR THEM !!! I SENT YOU OUT THERE FOR ME ! DO I NOT DESERVE THE REWARD OF MY SUFFERING? DON'T I DESERVE THOSE FOR WHOM I DIED?"

And it REVERSED IT ALL! AND CHANGED IT ALL! AND RIGHTED IT ALL! And I wasn't any longer working for Micah and tens shekels and a shirt. BUT I WAS SERVING A LIVING GOD! I was there not for the sake of the heathen. I was there for the Savior that endured the agonies of Hell for me, who didn't deserve it. But He deserved them. Because He died for them.

And another.

THE LAMB WHO WAS SLAIN

Two young Moravians heard of an island in the West Indies where an atheist British owner had 2000 to 3000 slaves. And the owner had said, "No preacher, no clergyman, will ever stay on this island. If he's ship wrecked we'll keep him in a separate house until he has to leave, but he's never going to talk to any of us about God, I'm through with all that nonsense." Three thousand slaves from the jungles of Africa brought to an island in the Atlantic and there to live and die without hearing of Christ.

Two young Moravians heard about it. They sold themselves to the British planter and used the money they received from their sale, for he paid no more than he would for any slave, to pay their passage out to his island for he wouldn't even transport them. As the ship left its' pier in the river at Hamburg and was going out into the North Sea carried with the tide, the Moravians had come from Herrenhut to see these two lads off, in their early twenties. Never to return again, for this wasn't a four year term, they sold themselves into life time slavery. Simply that as slaves, they could be as Christians where these others were. The families were there weeping, for they knew they would never see them again. And they wondered why they were going and questioned the wisdom of it. As the gap widened and the housings had been cast off and were being curled up there on the pier, and the young boys saw the widening gap, one lad with his arm linked through the arm of his fellow, raised his hand and shouted across the gap the last words that were heard from them, they were these, "MAY THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN RECEIVE THE REWARD OF HIS SUFFERING!" This became the call of Moravian missions. And this is the only reason for being, That the Lamb that was slain may receive the reward of His suffering!
I beg of you to listen to the video above called revival hymn. Let it grip your heart. May God begin his crushing work in our hearts and cause us to desire Him and all that He deserves.

May God grant us repentance.

Ps 24:3-4
3 Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord?
And who may stand in His holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood
And has not sworn deceitfully.
NASU

Are my hands clean? Is my heart pure?

Isa 59:1-2

59 Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short
That it cannot save;
Nor is His ear so dull
That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God,
And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.
NASU

Blessings,

Mark

Quickened
Aug 21st 2009, 02:58 PM
Someone once asked Whitfield (a Calvinist) if he thought he would see Wesley in heaven. Whitfield responded “No. For I think that Wesley will be so close to the thrown that I will not glimpse him.” No wonder these men could walk in power! Such humility and the glory of God was their prime motive. Recently, God has begun moving in my heart about my own sin and his own greatness.

Because of this change taking place in my own heart, I have desired to start a thread on revival. I ask that we all consider our own hearts. I, nor do I believe God, wish for this thread to be a thread of debate over Calvinism or Arminianism or of winning a point or argument. Instead, I ask that those that wish to participate do so from a sense of desiring God and desiring brokenness and desiring all that God desire for himself through us.

Thats an extremely humble comment! I wish my books werent packed because i had one on Whitefield that i havent gotten to yet.

There may be some theological differences between us yet we are still brothers and sisters in Christ! I think sometimes the enemy uses these differences in thought to make us think the worst of each other. Yet at the end of the day we are a God fearing and God loving people. We are God's people!

May he stir up our spirits. May He strengthen us so that we may better serve Him. May He humble us before Him so that all others are before us and we are last. May he make us desire the lost! May He grant us knowledge and wisdom so we are prepared on the mission field that is the day to day world. There are many people we come into contact everyday whom know Him not. May the Lord use us to advance His kingdom 1000 fold. Not merely making converts but teaching and building up the new in Christ so that their faith may not be shaken! In Jesus name! :pray:

Brother Mark
Aug 21st 2009, 03:18 PM
Amen Quickened! Amen!

I was going to rep you then I thought, no reps on this thread would be really cool. Let's give God and God alone ALL the reps in this thread!!!!

He deserves the reward of his sufferings!

sedux
Aug 21st 2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Brother Mark! I have a verse I want to share! But I can't remember where it's from exactly, :(I have it written in my journal at home - will have to get back to you on it. Great thread btw!

Debra R
Aug 22nd 2009, 03:39 AM
Thats an extremely humble comment! I wish my books werent packed because i had one on Whitefield that i havent gotten to yet.

There may be some theological differences between us yet we are still brothers and sisters in Christ! I think sometimes the enemy uses these differences in thought to make us think the worst of each other. Yet at the end of the day we are a God fearing and God loving people. We are God's people!

May he stir up our spirits. May He strengthen us so that we may better serve Him. May He humble us before Him so that all others are before us and we are last. May he make us desire the lost! May He grant us knowledge and wisdom so we are prepared on the mission field that is the day to day world. There are many people we come into contact everyday whom know Him not. May the Lord use us to advance His kingdom 1000 fold. Not merely making converts but teaching and building up the new in Christ so that their faith may not be shaken! In Jesus name! :pray:

Amen and Amen!

I watched the revivalhymn video earlier and it's made me do some soul searching. Where they spoke of loving and serving the Lord even if He should send you to hell. That is real commitment. I had read the book "Brother Lawrence Practicing The Presence of God" several years ago and I think he said the same thing. That was his humbleness, that he was not worthy and if he didn't receive heaven that was okay, he wanted to serve God anyway.

I want that, I want to serve God for God and not for me. I want to see Him, I want to see His glory, I want to see His awesome works. I want to know Him more and the more I desire to be closer to Him the more I see the wretch that I am :cry:. And I want Him to be pleased with me. I don't want to grieve Him.

And I want to see people saved by the thousands. That would be the most exciting thing I could imagine.

Debra R
Aug 22nd 2009, 03:43 AM
NOW I ASK YOU WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF MISSIONS? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF EVANGELISM? WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY OF A CHRISTIAN?

If you'll ask me why I went to Africa, I'll tell you I went primarily to improve on the justice of God. I didn't think it was right for anybody to go to Hell without a chance to be saved. So I went to give poor sinners a chance to go to heaven. Now I haven't put it in so many words, but if you'll analyze what I just told you do you know what it is? Humanism. That I was simply using the provisions of Jesus Christ as a means to improve upon human conditions of suffering and misery. And when I went to Africa, I discovered that they weren't poor, ignorant, little heathen running around in the woods looking for someone to tell them how to go to heaven. That they were MONSTERS OF INIQUITY !!! THEY WERE LIVING IN UTTER AND TOTAL DEFIANCE OF FAR MORE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD THEN I EVER DREAMED THEY HAD !

They deserved Hell! Because they utterly refused to walk in the light of their conscious, and the light of the law written upon their heart, and the testimony of nature, and the truth they knew! And when I found that out I assure you I was so angry with God that on one occasion in prayer I told Him it was a mighty ...... little thing He'd done, sending me out there to reach these people that were waiting to be told how to go to heaven. When I got there I found out they knew about heaven, and didn't want to go there, and that they loved their sin and wanted to stay in it.

I went out there motivated by humanism. I'd seen pictures of lepers, I'd seen pictures of ulcers, I'd seen pictures of native funerals, and I didn't want my fellow human beings to suffer in Hell eternally after such a miserable existence on earth. But it was there in Africa that God began to tear THROUGH THE OVERLAY OF THIS HUMANISM! And it was that day in my bedroom with the door locked that I wrestled with God. For here was I, coming to grips with the fact that the people I thought were ignorant and wanted to know how to go to heaven and were saying "Someone come and teach us", actually didn't want to take time to talk with me or anybody else. They had no interest in the Bible and no interest in Christ, and they loved their sin and wanted to continue in it. And I was to that place at that time where I felt the whole thing was a sham and a mockery, and I had been sold a bill of goods! And I wanted to come home.

There alone in my bedroom AS I FACED GOD HONESTLY WITH WHAT MY HEART FELT, it seemed to me I heard Him say, "Yes, will not the Judge of all the earth do right? The heathen are lost. And they're going to go to Hell, not because they haven't heard the gospel. They're going to go to Hell because they are sinners, WHO LOVE THEIR SIN! And because they deserve Hell. BUT, I didn't send you out there for them. I didn't send you out there for their sakes." And I heard as clearly as I've ever heard, though it wasn't with physical voice but it was the echo of truth of the ages finding its' way into an open heart. I heard God say to my heart that day something like this, "I didn't send you to Africa for the sake of the heathen, I sent you to Africa for My sake. They deserved Hell! But I LOVE THEM !!! AND I ENDURED THE AGONIES OF HELL FOR THEM !!! I DIDN'T SEND YOU OUT THERE FOR THEM !!! I SENT YOU OUT THERE FOR ME ! DO I NOT DESERVE THE REWARD OF MY SUFFERING? DON'T I DESERVE THOSE FOR WHOM I DIED?"

And it REVERSED IT ALL! AND CHANGED IT ALL! AND RIGHTED IT ALL! And I wasn't any longer working for Micah and tens shekels and a shirt. BUT I WAS SERVING A LIVING GOD! I was there not for the sake of the heathen. I was there for the Savior that endured the agonies of Hell for me, who didn't deserve it. But He deserved them. Because He died for them.

That's the one that brought me to tears.

Quickened
Aug 22nd 2009, 04:09 AM
Amen Quickened! Amen!

I was going to rep you then I thought, no reps on this thread would be really cool. Let's give God and God alone ALL the reps in this thread!!!!

He deserves the reward of his sufferings!

Agreed Brother! To God be the Glory!

Quickened
Aug 22nd 2009, 04:17 AM
Amen and Amen!

I watched the revivalhymn video earlier and it's made me do some soul searching. Where they spoke of loving and serving the Lord even if He should send you to hell. That is real commitment. I had read the book "Brother Lawrence Practicing The Presence of God" several years ago and I think he said the same thing. That was his humbleness, that he was not worthy and if he didn't receive heaven that was okay, he wanted to serve God anyway.

Isnt that something? I love that attitude! "I will serve him anyway". Man does that say something about someones character.

I want that, I want to serve God for God and not for me. I want to see Him, I want to see His glory, I want to see His awesome works. I want to know Him more and the more I desire to be closer to Him the more I see the wretch that I am :cry:. And I want Him to be pleased with me. I don't want to grieve Him.

To me thats it. The more you grow and the closer you get the more you really see the need for His atoning work on the cross. To me thats when it really blows my mind. Why was i quickened? I am filth and He is holy and pure. I am thankful to even know His name. What he has done for me/us is something that i can never be thankful for enough. His mercy is beyond my comprehension. He has left us his word. He gave up His son. He has left his Helper to guide us. Yet i have done so little.

I look at the men of old... apostiles, early church fathers, puritans, reformers... guys like Whitefield, McCheyne, Spencer... I feel sometimes i fall so unbelievably short. I want to be used like these great men. I too dont want to grieve him.

And I want to see people saved by the thousands. That would be the most exciting thing I could imagine.

Amen! :pray:

sedux
Aug 22nd 2009, 04:40 AM
Mark 7:6-7
These people honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain their teachings are but rules taught by men.

This verse convicts me of being careful not to fall into - routine. I guess a simple example would be say: My attitude when I pray before I eat. Sometimes, my prayers will literally be like- Dear God, thank you for this food! Amen! Without much thought or thankfulness... really. :(

Edit: Brother Mark, I actually didn't find that verse, I thought I had marked it down in my journal but I stand corrected. :blush:

Brother Mark
Aug 22nd 2009, 11:45 AM
Edit: Brother Mark, I actually didn't find that verse, I thought I had marked it down in my journal but I stand corrected. :blush:

Perhaps you can share with us what you remember and maybe someone can find it.

Brother Mark
Aug 22nd 2009, 11:47 AM
Partially from Leonard Ravenhill's sermon "What is Your Life"

Are you saved? What are you saved from?

Are you saved from hell?
Are you saved from pride?
Are you saved from lust?
Are you saved from bitterness?
Are you saved from gossip?
Are you saved from lying?
Are you saved from fear?
Are you saved from the flesh?
Are you saved from selfishness?
Are you saved from cheating?
Are you saved from greed?
Are you saved from worry?
Are you saved from backbiting?
Are you saved from unforgiveness?

What are you saved from?

Twin2
Aug 22nd 2009, 12:25 PM
Revival. Wonderful, wonderful topic for a thread. Agree, no debating.

"Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. " Psalm 51:12 KJV

One day I was watching people who were excited about their salvation. They were rejoicing even though they had been saved for years on end. I began to think that something was wrong with me if I couldn't rejoice in my salvation. I mean, I was thankful that the Lord saved me. Really. I just wasn't excited about it. I began to pray this scripture to be true in my life. I needed that joy. Well, let me tell you, that was just the beginning. Praying that prayer, and meaning it, has changed my life.

I just love the Lord and right now I have such a determination to serve him. I do get excited about his goodness and salvation. My husband and I do feel we are in revival now, as are many at our church.

Twin2
Aug 22nd 2009, 12:43 PM
Lately, I keep hearing this verse partially quoted:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..."
Oh yeah, I know Satan came to do those things to us. This portion of verse certainly testifies to that. Then, I read the rest of the verse--

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10 KJV

Thank you Jesus! It's good to know what Satan can do, but it does us good to focus on what Jesus can do!

The whole verse has such power--
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10 KJV

notuptome
Aug 22nd 2009, 03:33 PM
If we seek revival and I hope we all do then where do we start?
2 Chr 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.
Revival must start at the house of God. I ask myself the question is there anything I value above seeing God move in the hearts of saints? Is there anything more important to me than to see God save a soul? Am I an impediment to Gods bringing in revival or is my heart clean before Him and an altar ready to be set aflame for His glory?

Ps 139:23-24 Search me O God and know my heart; try me and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

9Marksfan
Aug 22nd 2009, 10:34 PM
Here's my favourite chapter in the bible on revival - how we need to pray it earnestly today, that God would come in reviving power again!

Isaiah 64

Oh, that You would rend the heavens!
That You would come down!
That the mountains might shake at Your presence—
As fire burns brushwood,
As fire causes water to boil—
To make Your name known to Your adversaries,
That the nations may tremble at Your presence!
When You did awesome things for which we did not look,
You came down,
The mountains shook at Your presence.
For since the beginning of the world
Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
Who acts for the one who waits for Him.
You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness,
Who remembers You in Your ways.
You are indeed angry, for we have sinned—
In these ways we continue;
And we need to be saved.
But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away.
And there is no one who calls on Your name,
Who stirs himself up to take hold of You;
For You have hidden Your face from us,
And have consumed us because of our iniquities.
But now, O LORD,
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand.
Do not be furious, O LORD,
Nor remember iniquity forever;
Indeed, please look—we all are Your people!
Your holy cities are a wilderness,
Zion is a wilderness,
Jerusalem a desolation.
Our holy and beautiful temple,
Where our fathers praised You,
Is burned up with fire;
And all our pleasant things are laid waste.
Will You restrain Yourself because of these things, O LORD?
Will You hold Your peace, and afflict us very severely?

crossnote
Aug 23rd 2009, 05:12 AM
The Reidhead sermon was quite good and gives much to ponder on. A Scripture that comes to mind after hearing it is Esther's answer to Mordecai ...

"Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish."
(Est 4:16)

Dani H
Aug 23rd 2009, 05:00 PM
I've been asking myself (or maybe God is asking me) why exactly I'm looking for revival and what I expect from it ... I still don't have a complete answer. It obviously hits a lot deeper than expected.

Do we want revival to see people saved? Why do we want people saved? For their sake? So we can feel better? For God's sake because we think He's tired of putting up with people's sin? Or so Jesus can have what is rightfully His and what He died for?

If so, does He have all of me already (which is what He died for)? So that I'm not a hypocrite when I'm asking Him to do something in somebody else's life that I'm blocking Him from doing in my own? Because we know that double-minded people don't get anything from God, right?

Are we asking God for something that He is already aching to do, and maybe He's just waiting for us? If so, what exactly is it that He is waiting for? And, why are we asking? What we should be doing, is simply aligning ourselves with what He is already doing, no?

So many questions ... so much to repent of. :cry:

Dear Lord, do have mercy on my soul. And awaken me again to Yourself until You have accomplished Your desires in, and through, me. And please don't stop until You're done and satisfied. Forgive me for being slow and thick-headed and for lacking understanding, for being poor and wretched and blind and naked. Put salve on my eyes so I can see and clothe me with Your righteousness. And do not ... ever .. take Your Spirit from me. Because without You, nothing else matters. Amen.

Brother Mark
Aug 23rd 2009, 07:40 PM
From Leonard Ravenhill's book "Why Revival Tarries", chapter 20.

Spirituality that saves men from hell and keeps men from vulgar sins is wonderful, but, I believe, elementary. When Paul went to the Cross, the miracle of conversion and regeneration took place; but later when he got on the Cross, the greater miracle of identification took place. That I believe is the masterly argument of the Apostle - to be dead and alive at the same time. "Ye are dead," Paul wrote the Galatians. Suppose we try this on ourselves first. Are we dead? - dead to blame or praise? dead to fashion and human opinion? dead so that we have no itch for recognition? dead so that we do not squirm if another gets praised for a thing that we engineered? Oh sweet, sublime, satisfying experience of the indwelling Christ by the Spirit! We, too, can sing with Wesley: Dead to the world and all its toys!
Its idle pomp and fading joys!
Jesus, my glory be!

Some things are so great, as to leave me speechless.

Debra R
Aug 24th 2009, 02:28 AM
Our Lord always amazes me, the things He does, how He brings things together, how He helps me to see things, to understand, to bring me where I need to be in His plan. I have to thank you again Brother Mark for sharing the video and for bringing all this out on revival. And I thank all of you who have responded, you have helped me too.
At my church on sunday evenings our Pastor is teaching on the Holy Spirit. And our Pastor's emphasis has been on revival too but that it has to start with us. And I see how very much I need, how much I fall short. My soul groans within me. It is a strong and forceful groaning. A need for more of the Holy Spirit. But then I see that it's me who needs to give more of myself to the Holy Spirit. To open my heart and mind to Him.

Holy Father
make me a vessel for your use. Give me a heart like yours. Let me love as you do. Let your Holy Spirit overflow from me to others. Holy Father, make your church ready for the awesome deeds you are getting ready to do. Cleanse us, empower us, and show forth your glory. Lord God, you are an awesome God, mighty in power. Let us see your glory Lord. We pray for an out pouring of your Holy Spirit upon your people. We pray for a great spiritual awakening. Holy Father, soften hardened hearts, let your Holy Spirit bring conviction of sin, bring repentance, loosen strongholds, set captives free. We pray for souls Lord Jesus, bring them into your mighty kingdom.
In your name Lord Jesus we ask all these things, and we give you all praise and honor and glory, forever and ever, amen.

sedux
Aug 24th 2009, 04:14 PM
Perhaps you can share with us what you remember and maybe someone can find it.
It was something like... not drawing attention to other things but to the Lord and how this is evident in those who serve Him?

Stormfreak1
Aug 24th 2009, 04:47 PM
Revival is a very human thing as well as an act of the Holy Spirit. It often comes in a cultural form that is offensive. Historically, those who have led a revival (Edwards, Wesley, Finney, etc.) have been much maligned, criticized, tempted at much greater levels, and at times been directly mistreated/martyred. (Apostle Paul? Apostle John?)

Are there individuals or groups that (due to the amount of wisdom, humility, and character rooted in Jesus) Jesus can entrust leadership of a revival outbreak to?

Prayer:

"Oh God, that you could find leaders who are whole and holy whom you can entrust leadership of revival to- in Jesus' name!"

Dani H
Aug 24th 2009, 06:37 PM
Are there individuals or groups that (due to the amount of wisdom, humility, and character rooted in Jesus) Jesus can entrust leadership of a revival outbreak to?

Those who are sufficiently dead.

Of course there's no degree of "dead". You're either dead, or not.

Are we dead? Buried? Resurrected and living in Him and He in us? Or are we still trying to live a life that God has already pronounced dead?

Brother Mark
Aug 25th 2009, 06:58 PM
Jer 18:1-15

The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying, 2 "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will announce My words to you." 3 Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. 4 But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me saying, 6 "Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the Lord. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. 7 "At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it; 8 if that nation against which I have spoken turns from its evil, I will relent concerning the calamity I planned to bring on it. 9 "Or at another moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to build up or to plant it; 10 if it does evil in My sight by not obeying My voice, then I will think better of the good with which I had promised to bless it. 11 "So now then, speak to the men of Judah and against the inhabitants of Jerusalem saying, 'Thus says the Lord, "Behold, I am fashioning calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh turn back, each of you from his evil way, and reform your ways and your deeds."' 12 "But they will say, 'It's hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart.'

13 "Therefore thus says the Lord,
'Ask now among the nations,
Who ever heard the like of this?
The virgin of Israel
Has done a most appalling thing.
14 'Does the snow of Lebanon forsake the rock of the open country?
Or is the cold flowing water from a foreign land ever snatched away?
15 'For My people have forgotten Me,
They burn incense to worthless gods
And they have stumbled from their ways,
From the ancient paths,To walk in bypaths,Not on a highway,
NASU

Matt 6:33
33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
NASU

Father, change me and mold me as you see fit.

Debra R
Aug 26th 2009, 12:35 AM
Revival is a very human thing as well as an act of the Holy Spirit. It often comes in a cultural form that is offensive. Historically, those who have led a revival (Edwards, Wesley, Finney, etc.) have been much maligned, criticized, tempted at much greater levels, and at times been directly mistreated/martyred. (Apostle Paul? Apostle John?)

Prayer:

"Oh God, that you could find leaders who are whole and holy whom you can entrust leadership of revival to- in Jesus' name!"

:) Praying with you on that! Amen!

Debra R
Aug 26th 2009, 12:45 AM
Those who are sufficiently dead.

Of course there's no degree of "dead". You're either dead, or not.

Are we dead? Buried? Resurrected and living in Him and He in us? Or are we still trying to live a life that God has already pronounced dead?

Could be that we're sleeping? Or have been sleeping. In a way I've felt that I've been sleeping. I've blamed it on my grief.
I've felt the Lord telling me to awake! It's time to get busy. Our Lord is working and calling us to work with Him. :) The more I see of His work around me the more excited I get!

God bless you sis, :hug:

Debra R
Aug 26th 2009, 12:54 AM
My husband has listened to that video three times and went to the website and listened to the full sermon by Paris Reidhead. He has been deeply moved by it too.

All I can say is God is good!

I sent the link to our Pastor, I am curious to hear his reaction. :)

Brother Mark
Aug 26th 2009, 01:08 AM
My husband has listened to that video three times and went to the website and listened to the full sermon by Paris Reidhead. He has been deeply moved by it too.
I cannot describe what is happening inside me. This is something God has been trying to teach me for almost a decade and I resisted. Yet, now, I am simply overwhelmed with it all! I am thankful he was patient with me. But more than that, I am thankful that God kept working till now. I can't get enough of either the sermon or the video because of what they are saying about God.

Thank you so much for sharing this testimony.

All I can say is God is good!Indeed!

I sent the link to our Pastor, I am curious to hear his reaction. :)Me too.

Debra R
Aug 27th 2009, 02:06 AM
I asked our Pastor tonight at church if he got a chance to hear the video. He said the link didn't work for him. So I just sent it to him again. Hopefully it will work this time. :)

9Marksfan
Aug 27th 2009, 09:07 AM
I asked our Pastor tonight at church if he got a chance to hear the video. He said the link didn't work for him. So I just sent it to him again. Hopefully it will work this time. :)

Either that or get the DVD - only $1 plus postage! I was thinking what it would be like watching it in our church with all the lights out - we did that at a social night a few months back with Louie Giglio's How Great Is Our God and God's presence was so heavy in the church building afterards that I felt I couldn't speak even to close the meeting in prayer - even when i did, I paused for several seconds - so awestruck was I once again with God's greatness and majesty. I can only imagine what playing that DVD to a church (especially with the lights out) would do...

Brother Mark
Aug 27th 2009, 03:23 PM
Either that or get the DVD - only $1 plus postage! I was thinking what it would be like watching it in our church with all the lights out - we did that at a social night a few months back with Louie Giglio's How Great Is Our God and God's presence was so heavy in the church building afterards that I felt I couldn't speak even to close the meeting in prayer - even when i did, I paused for several seconds - so awestruck was I once again with God's greatness and majesty. I can only imagine what playing that DVD to a church (especially with the lights out) would do...

I have had the same thought. I wonder what it would be like to watch it with a group of dedicated believers in church...

Debra R
Aug 29th 2009, 03:48 PM

I hadn't thought of buying some DVD's. But I think I will! There's a lot of people I want to hear it!

Debra R
Aug 29th 2009, 04:10 PM
We were at church this morning to distribute Angel Food and one of the ladies told me she watched the video. (I had posted the link on one of our church websites. :)) She thought it was good! And mentioned it would be a good idea to show it at one of our services. I talked to our Pastor this morning and he did get to see it and will play it at one of our services. :pp
He said our church was largely "sleeping". He has only been there about a year. My husband and I have only been there about 4 months. It is exciting to hear and see how the Lord is working in and through our Pastor and what He is bringing about in our church. I see the beginings of a spiritual awakening.

And yesterday after work a co-worker came to our house and watched the video with us. They were greatly moved! So I think I've watched it about 4 times now. :) And the Lord speaks to me each time.

I long deeply to see the Spirit of our God move in a mighty way.

Brother Mark
Sep 1st 2009, 01:43 PM
Let us know how it goes Debra! Thanks for sharing.

Brother Mark
Sep 1st 2009, 01:53 PM
God is changing me. Here's something new he is working in my heart. Perhaps it will quicken you as it did me.

1 Cor 15:50

50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
NASU

Our body is not meant for inheriting the kingdom of God! So what is it meant for? We know from Hebrews, that when Jesus came, he came to usher in the new covenant and provide a better way. Look at this verse in particular.

Heb 10:5
5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,
"SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED,
BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME;
NASU

God prepared an actual body for Jesus. It was prepared with a purpose in mind. Jesus was going to offer it on the cross to God. God prepared for himself a body to sacrifice.

1 Peter 2:21-24

21 For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22 WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; 23 and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24 and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
NASU

Not only is Jesus our example, he is the author of our faith and we are to look to Him.

Heb 12:1
2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
NASU

Finally, here's what Romans 12 says.

Rom 12:1-2

12 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
NASU

We see a pattern! We too were given a body to offer unto God as a sacrifice. His temple is where his sacrifices are offered. He prepared a body for YOU just as he did for Jesus. For so long I used my body for my own pleasures and desired for the kingdom of God to bless my body! (There are times the blessings of the kingdom come on the body but that is not the purpose of the body. The body was simply enjoying the by product of the kingdom.) The purpose of my body is to offer it to God as a living sacrifice. In other words, life isn't about my physical body. It is about the King and His kingdom and my body was given to me to offer up to that King in service to Him and His kingdom.

May we all die and as a result, live.

Brother Mark
Sep 2nd 2009, 03:21 AM
Ravi Zacharias speaks of how David Livingstone lived and died in Africa. Oh my how this man loved God! Conviction and wonder gripped my heart when I watched this video.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OV5US78BFg)

Debra R
Sep 3rd 2009, 03:43 AM
Let us know how it goes Debra! Thanks for sharing.

I also had my boss watch the video. He said it was powerful! Though he did say he didn't agree with everything in the video. I haven't got to ask him yet what he didn't agree with. When I get time to ask him I will. We've been really busy at work.

I keep thinking of the video where they talked of the young man praying in the aisle at the church and how God moved upon the over 100 young people at the dance and they all headed for the church. And the people that were 5 and 6 miles away that were moved by God to go to the church. Why can't we see a move of God like that now? What will it take?
I want to see God move like that now. I want to see God working in a powerful way.

Dani H
Sep 3rd 2009, 05:10 AM
It's love to want to be with someone for their own sake, yes? Right now for who they are, today. To be with Jesus for who He is, today, right now. Not for what He may do for us tomorrow or 1000 years from now. That's love, yes?

I thought I lost sight of heaven. Turns out, heaven don't matter. He's alreay with me, here, today. That's all that matters. For His own sake.

Brother Mark
Sep 3rd 2009, 10:49 PM
Seminary students use to look Leonard Ravenhill for the sole purpose of having him lay hands on them to receive his "mantle". Here's what Brother Ravenhill said in response

Everyone wants to have my mantle but nobody wants my sackcloth and ashes.

From "Why Revival Tarries" in the tribute in the beginning of the book penned by Bro. Ravenhill's son.

9Marksfan
Sep 4th 2009, 09:32 AM
Seminary students use to look Leonard Ravenhill for the sole purpose of having him lay hands on them to receive his "mantle". Here's what Brother Ravenhill said in response

From "Why Revival Tarries" in the tribute in the beginning of the book penned by Bro. Ravenhill's son.

Amen - we'd all love to have the same spiritual blessing, authority and endurance that Paul had - but what about his sufferings? You can't have one without the other...

Debra R
Sep 5th 2009, 12:04 AM
I still haven't gotten around to ordering some DVd's yet. There's been a lot going on. Though I keep passing the web site around. :) Another co-worker says he will watch it this weekend. Now he is one that whenever we talked about God or he heard our Christian music playing out in the warehouse he would almost run in the other direction. Though he hasn't done that in awhile so I guess we're growing on him.

Another cool thing. :) We started a prayer group at my work place. Just yesterday morning. Oh my goodness, spirtual warfare was being felt heavy at my work. One of the guys suggested for prayer, a girl tried to shoot it down and several of us decided to go ahead and meet every morning. We did invite the ones who hadn't thought it a good idea to join us if they wished and I was suprised that they did. So I figured even if they weren't close to the Lord, being in prayer with us will surely allow the Lord to work in their hearts. The past few days have been a lot more peaceful, thank God. And it's helped me. I pray to love as Jesus loves and to be honest there are a few at my work that their actions make me want to whip them :o. As we pray together I feel more compassion and can look past their actions and love them as a person. So our Lord is working on me on that point.

And it seems that since we've started our prayer group at church there is something stirring, whoah, some spirtual warfare going on at my church, our adversary stirring up problems, people fighting :o, oh my goodness. We're just going to pray harder :). And we're going to meet two days a week now and pray.

Our Lord is at work. :)

Debra R
Sep 5th 2009, 12:37 AM
There is a person at work who watched the video and was bothered by it. They said there were parts that seemed to question their salvation and made them uncomfortable.

So I would take that as the Lord speaking to their heart. If you all could pray for this person and also the one who said he would watch the video this weekend. Thank you. :)

BruceG
Sep 5th 2009, 06:49 PM
In times past, God has moved in great revivals! He moved in men like Whitfield, Wesley, Duncan Campbell, and many others. Many of these men were Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, and other denominations. They were Calvinist and Arminian that God had gripped deep in their heart. He had revealed His holiness and majesty to them and at the same time, revealed to themselves their small stature. Someone once asked Whitfield (a Calvinist) if he thought he would see Wesley in heaven. Whitfield responded “No. For I think that Wesley will be so close to the thrown that I will not glimpse him.” No wonder these men could walk in power! Such humility and the glory of God was their prime motive. Recently, God has begun moving in my heart about my own sin and his own greatness.

In another thread I started, someone answered my question about sin and debating with these verses.

Colossians 4:5
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders. Make the most of every opportunity.

1 Peter 2:20
...but if you suffer for doing good and endure it, this is commendable before God.

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone. Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the King.

1 Peter 2:15
For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.

Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you, living in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Ephesians 4:31
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.

With that, let us start a thread on revival. Here, we can ask the Lord to move in our hearts. We can share testimonies of his conviction, of his glory, of Him. We can pray, praise, give scripture, tell stories, all for the sake of Him and His glory and to stir us up, by way of remembrance, to Him.

May God grant us our request for His glory.

Grace,

Mark

ps. For all who post in this thread, I ask only that their desire be one of brokenness for themselves and a desire for a burning heart for God. I ask one other thing... no reps on this thread please. Copy and paste and speak praises on a post that thrills your heart and share.
Mark, I have been on a lot of forums and read a lot of posts, and if I am honest, most of my visits to forums leave me sad and down. Posts are often shallow, dealing with trivial doctrines or debating, spiritually devoid of the presence of Christ, but your post struck a chord with me. Thank you for baring your heart.

One thing I have found in the personal revival I have been blessed by for almost a full year now, after 21 straight years in the wilderness of compromise and defeat, is that so often we end up as Christians trying to serve Him in our efforts, and we end up religious but not alive in Christ.

If we will but be honest with our Lord, and admit that our hearts are truly far from Him, that so often we live as if our lives are our own and they are not, and that we have often made a fair show in the flesh, but the spirit of God has not truly set us free, and broken before Him, He has promised us to restore us to life in Him, to set us free from sins that weigh us down and allow us to soar with our eyes fixed on Jesus Himself, our exceeding great reward.

We must repent of sins, yes, but it goes far deeper than that. We have forgotten who we are in Christ, new creations, where sin does not have dominion over us. We have stopped believing the exceeding great and precious promises that allow us to be partakers of the divine nature. Unbelief has entered our midst, and has taken root in our hearts. We simply do not believe that our God can set us free from the flesh, our old man, and because of that unbelief, the church, all of it, has ended up wandering in the wilderness, not going in and possessing the land of Promise.

Let us get our eyes off of us... our strength, our determination, our abilities, our resolve, and let us lift up Jesus like the serpent was lifted up in the wilderness on the stake. Jesus can do what we cannot. Scriptures are clear. We simply have not believed them. Repentance is necessary, there is no doubt. We are a worldly, half hearted, lukewarm people and if the truth is fully told, we ourselves have fulfilled the scripture about having a form of Godliness but denying the power of it. And what is the power of Godliness? That the God of peace can sanctify us wholly, body, soul and spirit, and we can be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord. Let us finally let God have us, all of us and trust that He will change us in ways that up till now we have only seen in our dreams.

I have a blog called www.exceedinggreatandpreciouspromises.blogspot.com (http://www.exceedinggreatandpreciouspromises.blogspot.com )
I pray it be used to help any truly searching for answers as to how to get out of Romans 7 and into Romans 8.

In Him...

Gideon

Dani H
Sep 10th 2009, 03:10 AM
This has no business being on page 2.

9Marksfan
Sep 10th 2009, 10:02 AM
This has no business being on page 2.

:confused Care to clarify what you mean, Dani?

Dani H
Sep 10th 2009, 05:57 PM
:confused Care to clarify what you mean, Dani?

This is a very special thread with a powerful message, so I bumped it back to page 1 where it belongs. :)

Brother Mark
Sep 12th 2009, 12:32 AM
Thank you Dani. I have been away dealing with a death in the family and prior to that, a short but special trip to the north.

While up north, I began to see something in my own life that has become rather convicting. I was justifying what I considered small sins. Just little delays in obedience, or little arguments with the Lord when he convicted me of something.

Then God opened my eyes to something spectacular. I looked around at all the destruction in my life from what I considered at the time to be a very small sin. From there I looked around at the destruction in the world. All the death, the sickness, the hunger, etc. It's all the result of a small fruit.

It's just a fruit. It's only a fruit. Ah, the lies of the enemy. It's only a small sin. Abraham lied when he got in a tight spot. Isaac did the same. Jacob learned to lie as well. And of course, his sons through Joseph into a pit and sold him into slavery then lied to their father about it. It's never "just a fruit". It's death.

Thanks be to God who sent his Son to destroy the works of the enemy and to set me free from all sin, the big ones and the bigger ones. (There are no longer any small sins in my life. They're all considered BIG!) As big as my sins are, God's grace is bigger! I thank Him for that.

Ps 139:23-24

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
KJV

Dani H
Sep 12th 2009, 04:51 PM
Joel 2:17 (http://bibleforums.org/passage/?search=Joel+2:17&version=NIV)
Let the priests, who minister before the LORD, weep between the temple porch and the altar. Let them say, "Spare your people, O LORD. Do not make your inheritance an object of scorn, a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples, 'Where is their God?' "

Revelation 1:6 (http://bibleforums.org/passage/?search=Revelation+1:6&version=NIV)
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

James 4:8 (http://bibleforums.org/passage/?search=James+4:8&version=NKJV)
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Psalm 24:3-5 (http://bibleforums.org/passage/?search=Psalm+24:4&version=NKJV)
3 Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD?
Or who may stand in His holy place?
4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol,
Nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive blessing from the LORD,
And righteousness from the God of his salvation.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (http://bibleforums.org/passage/?search=2 Chronicles+7:14&version=NKJV)
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wickedways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Brother Mark
Sep 19th 2009, 03:49 PM
That's my King. This video is awesome and describes Jesus.

Click here... That's my king (http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=c92aec75174b95261b71)

Debra R
Sep 20th 2009, 01:45 AM
My husband ordered the dvd's of the revival hymn and we got them in the mail. We gave one to our Pastor. I'll let you know when he shows it at our service, don't know when he's going to do it yet but he said he would. :)

Our Lord has been working on me greatly. Seeming to break my heart more and more each day. Most know about when my grandson was diagnosed with cancer in 2004 and how it took his life. As my heart is breaking for all these other children whom I know who are also losing their life to cancer I think to myself, God, what are you doing to me? As I weep to the Lord for these children a thought crosses my mind. Is this a fraction of the sorrow the Lord Jesus feels for those whom He suffered and died for? I can't presume to think I could even feel a part of what Jesus feels for I am merely human and He is God. I pray to love as He does. So then I have to wonder if He is giving me this broken heart to feel a part of what He feels.
A heart like unto His for the suffering and dying. For all those whom He suffered and died for.

Our prayer group at church is still going strong. I am thankful to be a part of it. I am coming to realize there is a greater strength in corporate prayer.

We are also doing a scripture 66 reading at our church. Our Pastor's wife had told us about this and we started Thursday at 2:00 and different ones take turns of the reading of scripture out loud around the clock from Genesis to Revelations. When I left church this evening they were on Isaiah 48. We're hoping to be finished reading the entire bible sometime in the morning. It's been really awesome. Our Lord has been doing some awesome things through this.

hey Brother Mark, I'll watch that video you posted tomorrow. Thanks :)

Dani H
Sep 21st 2009, 02:35 AM
I would highly recommend the book "The New York City Noon Prayer Meeting" by Talbot Chambers to anybody serious about revival, and how it really happens.

Debra R
Sep 21st 2009, 03:18 AM
I want to share a little more on the scripture 66 reading.
It was incredible watching God at work. As we read through the scriptures there were many, myself included, that as we read we were overcome and would get choked up and tears would just start falling. The Presence of the Lord was just so great. And to see God moving on everyones heart there was such a blessing to experience.

It fills my heart to overflowing to see how God is working on the members of our church. As He is bringing a spirtual awakening to us. Awesome indeed. We finished the old testament at 9:30 this morning and decided to reschedule next month to read through the new testament. And praying for more to become involved this time. :)

Our LORD God is awesome indeed.

Brother Mark
Sep 28th 2009, 03:59 PM
A worship song called "Lead me to the Cross"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-d_IrMm9A

If the youtube above doesn't work, then...

click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3-d_IrMm9A)

It's the same video.

Alyssa S
Sep 30th 2009, 02:20 PM
What an AWESOME, ENCOURAGING thread!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Brother Mark! Thank you!!! :)

God Bless!
Alyssa

Brother Mark
Sep 30th 2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks Alyssa.

Perhaps someone is reading this thread and feeling the quickening of God. Perhaps you wonder, will he take me? Am I worthy to be His son? Are my sins too great?

Check out this song. It is based on the parable of the prodigal sons and reveals the heart of God towards those that come to him from a life of sin. Having experienced great sin in my own life, I am thankful for the restorative heart of God, for grace, for forgiveness, for restoration.

dK80ZIHmW30