PDA

View Full Version : Strand Study Bible

Sold Out
Sep 2nd 2009, 01:51 PM
Have any of you seen this new bible that is out?

www.strandstudybible.com (http://www.strandstudybible.com)

Infomercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epT0lom2r_I

JohnDB
Sep 2nd 2009, 02:09 PM
It's a hundred dollars.

It is in the KJV

Only one guy did the research and commentary.

IMHO...that is three strikes and you are outta here.

They have this same information only better and cheaper in a regular NIV study bible for about half the price and twice as easily read.

Or
You can log into the internet and see the same info...

Or buy bible software ($12.95) and see the same thing without any pages to turn.

PT was right.

Sold Out
Sep 2nd 2009, 10:22 PM
Well let's see...the MacArthur study bible is $85.00...and commentated/researched by one person.

So are the: Scofield Bible, Charles Stanley Study Bible...

The KJV is STILL the best selling version of all time.

None of those have the Trinity Code system. Let's do a quick test....open your bible to Exodus 3:2 and tell me who the angel is?

JohnDB
Sep 3rd 2009, 03:03 AM
Well let's see...the MacArthur study bible is $85.00...and commentated/researched by one person.

So are the: Scofield Bible, Charles Stanley Study Bible...

The KJV is STILL the best selling version of all time.

None of those have the Trinity Code system. Let's do a quick test....open your bible to Exodus 3:2 and tell me who the angel is?

I use none of those.

I use expositional dictionaries, Interlinear and parallel bibles, inexhaustive concordances, Bible Encyclopedias, A bible atlas, and a exegetical commentary on the writing...as well as other anthropological materials.

No one guy can have or put all this stuff together...the best of each of these in their fields are going to have copywritten material...too expensive for just a single book.

The stack of books got so High that I invested in some expensive computer programs that have all of that on there...I spent more on software and exegetical materials that I ever have on cable tv and am happier for the expense.

If ya gonna do it...do it right. Charles Stanley as well as James McCarthur and Matthew Henre all have somthing in common...they all were Calvinistic...and that won't fall in line with a complete study of scripure along with history and anthropology. (not wishing to debate that particular subject at the moment) but...that is the major problem I have found with single source theologies...like John Darby...his theology may be very popular here in America...but no where else in the world does anyone else hold his view...because their native language has parts of speech that English doesn't and so that theology won't hold water anywhere else but America...where English is primary and all others are so secondary that the truth isn't out there as prevalant.

Sold Out
Sep 3rd 2009, 02:17 PM
I use none of those.

I use expositional dictionaries, Interlinear and parallel bibles, inexhaustive concordances, Bible Encyclopedias, A bible atlas, and a exegetical commentary on the writing...as well as other anthropological materials.

No one guy can have or put all this stuff together...the best of each of these in their fields are going to have copywritten material...too expensive for just a single book.

Yes, he did put this all together...it took 30 YEARS AND 30,000 HOURS! There are over 450 scholarly resources cited/used, plus satellite imaging maps (not just illustrations), the Trinity Code. I'm telling you this bible will set the standard for all other study bibles.

Any bible put out by individuals will undoubtedly have their theological slant, but 99% of what's in this bible, I agree with. The scriptures themselves are sufficient without commentaries - for sure. The thing is, what good is YOUR bible (I say that in a general way) if you can't understand it and apply it? One thing that has helped me while using this bible is that I DON'T have to pull out all those other books you mentioned to dig deeper into the text. It's already been done. Each book has detailed information, like # of prophecies, how many times it's quoted in other books, plus secular history is inserted along side the text so you can know what was going on in the secular world during bible events. Can I tell you how much that has helped me? I'm a logical person, so I need dates, times, facts. Each subject head is dated and also the next thing to read chronologically is there too. So you could either choose to read the bible in the order it currently is, or follow the chronological subject heads to know where to read next.

I mean it's just amazing...and also there are these little 'mini-series' at the end of some the books, like '7 Steps to a Successful Marriage', 'How To Be Great in God's Eyes', 'The Doctrine of the Old Testament Messiah'...and many more. If I were you, I would take the leap and get one just to see for yourself. There is a money-back guarantee you know - so nothing to lose!

JohnDB
Sep 3rd 2009, 02:28 PM
But you see that is the thing there...

The JW have their version of the same thing.

So do the SDA...

And I don't buy either one of their theologies. I don't want someone to teach me theology and mess up my perceptions by ballooning obscure scriptures and shrinking major ones (which is how most theologies are developed) and Calvinism (which is your theology system) is a system that I do not subscribe to either. I believe it to have some major ommissions and contradictions in logic when applying hermeneutic principles...

Not that it is evil or anything like that...just in error.

But I am glad that you found a study bible that you can begin your studies with.

I have my bible and choose to read it for all my worth and it appears that you are trying to do the same...no worries.:bounce:

RabbiKnife
Sep 3rd 2009, 02:30 PM
Why do I feel like I watching an informercial for ShamWow!

JohnDB
Sep 3rd 2009, 02:37 PM
Why do I feel like I watching an informercial for ShamWow!

There is so much Christian "paraphanalia" out there it is rather intimidating at times...

but hey, someone found a study bible that they will read and use...that is ok. Not everyone is identical...as evidensed on this forum.:idea:

crossnote
Sep 4th 2009, 03:47 AM
It looks decent but a little over priced. ($69 would be more reasonable). I would definitely examine one in real life first before putting real cash down.

thepenitent
Sep 6th 2009, 12:31 PM
It looks decent but a little over priced. ($69 would be more reasonable). I would definitely examine one in real life first before putting real cash down.

Even $69 is a bit pricey for a hard cover study bible. I could get a hard cover ESV study bible, NLT study bible and MacArthur study bible for the $99 being charged for this one. Although it looks interesting, I wonder why he couldn't get a major publisher and distributor for it and thus has to hawk it on Youtube and his web site? I'm sure the choice of KJV was to avoid having to pay the royalties to use a modern translation. KJV is public domain - which should lower the price, not increase it.