PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Starting my own message board

faithbuilders
Sep 7th 2009, 06:48 PM
In respect to the rules I will not post a link to it....

I just need some friendly advise. (sorry if I posted in the wrong spot)

I started my own Christian message board, (my first one ever)

My question

What is the best way to get lots of people to come and start using it? It would almost seem I need lots of people at once. Because if only one person comes at a time, they will quickly get tired of the slowness of it, and leave. It will never get off the ground.

Any advice?

tt1106
Sep 7th 2009, 07:13 PM
Usually, you can register with search engines.

bdh
Sep 8th 2009, 04:33 AM
The biggest single question on any website owners mind. See here for more http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?p=558002#post558002

mike1983
Oct 5th 2009, 08:43 PM
Just google "SEO", Search Engine Optimization.

It's basically keeping the rules of correct HTML. Besides that it's important to place a lot of links on site which are high on search engines with the keywords you want your site to be found with.

But ofcourse the most important is a lot of visitors, which you can only gain if your site gets popular. For that the best option is asking God ;)

Youssarian
Nov 17th 2009, 07:14 PM
If it's possible for you to do this, load your <head> tag with a bunch of META tags. The search engines use these. I'm assuming you know HTML.

Amos_with_goats
Nov 17th 2009, 07:31 PM
If you have freinds invite them. Once you have a core, if the Lord blesses it then ask folks to invite others.

If you fellowship / post on other boards, post links (where allowed) that will increase the viability to search engines.

What was you vision> Why did you do this?