PDA

View Full Version : Did I do a bad thing?

GreekAsianPanda
Sep 14th 2009, 01:35 AM
Hi and thanks for clicking on this thread.
I have a blog on Xanga and recently I got a friend request from a guy named Muhhamed. I checked his profile and he said his religion was Islam and his hero was Muhhamad (the "prophet" of Allah). He had commented on one of my entries once and he seemed nice. The entry was even about a "Christian" I know who says mean things about atheists, and Muhhamed didn't even make a cheap shot at Christianity with it. But since he and I have such differing views about Jesus (Muslims believe Jesus, called 'Isa in the Quran, was a prophet of Allah and is not God), and I talk about Jesus in my weblog entries a lot, I'm pretty sure we would get into conflicts.
So I declined the friend request, and chose not to notify him about it, in hopes that he forgot all about sending the request and that I won't offend him. Of course, I have bad people skills so perhaps it is offensive.
But now I'm not sure I did the right thing. It could have been a good witnessing opportunity. I've never witnessed successfully. I am not good at it at all. I'm intimidated by everyone.
I was planning on becoming a missionary who converts Muslims when I grow up, but now it seems like that's impossible. Maybe that's not what God has in mind for my life.
So, did I do a bad thing?

Elijah's Mantle
Sep 14th 2009, 03:04 AM
but u do not think that u are the least bit "INFERIOR TO THOSE SUPER APOSTLES

:saint: let your "yes" be yes and Amen and your "NO" be no

ask Jesus to show u how not to be inferior and he will

Athanasius
Sep 14th 2009, 03:06 AM
As long as you didn't do it for the wrong reasons... I don't see anything wrong with it.

Elijah's Mantle
Sep 14th 2009, 03:12 AM
I was planning on becoming a missionary who converts Muslims when I grow up, but now it seems like that's impossible. Maybe that's not what God has in mind for my life.

If u want to make God laugh tell him your plans :rofl:

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GOD :)

when we focus on God and his will and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to lead in all things great and small even if everything seems wrong it always turns out right
remember the "WORK" is God's and not merely our own

GLORY BE TO GOD THE FATHER we are not working ever alone :pp

:idea: think on how much power God has ,if he can breathe the entire universe into existence what cant God do ?
" BE LED BY THE SPIRIT "
learning to be led ,is also God's work , let God do his working of his will , follow follow and follow u will see
more clearly with each thing and each task God places before u :hug: Blessings to u

Ayala
Sep 14th 2009, 04:58 AM
For each person, the Lord has a position and place for us to be. We don't "find ourselves" by looking at ourselves, rather we find ourselves by looking to the Lord and acknowledging who He is and just what He's capable of in our lives. Whether the Lord's calling for someone is that of a pastor, a missionary, or whatever it could possibly be...When we stop questioning what the Lord has called us to and start simply acknowledging and walking in obedience to His plan, He will open the doors before us. And He will make us to prosper in our path.

Whether your calling is truly missions work with Muslims, I don't know. Only the Lord does. But when you seek the Lord and He makes known His plans for your life, it doesn't matter how capable or incapable you feel yourself to be. The Lord isn't concerned with how prepared someone feels for His plans. All He wants and expects of us is to walk in faith and obedience according to His will. By faith, God will take us places we could have never reached on our own.

Jeffinator
Sep 14th 2009, 06:07 AM
It could have definitely been a good opportunity to share your belief and witness. Its good to have a friends in different areas, because it gives you perspective on the world and other people. So that when it does come time for you to witness, you already understand where they are coming from. Not saying your decision is wrong, but it might have been a good thing if you accepted him. Even if you dont convert him it would make you more worldly in understanding his view point better.

Dani H
Sep 18th 2009, 12:45 PM
One of the best neighbors I ever had was/is Muslim. We had a good time. We'd debate forever about Abraham and Isaac and Ishmael. He knew where I stood, I knew where he stood, and we learned from one another.

They're still just people, ya know? Besides, what's some conflicts among friends? ;)

Moonlit Mourning
Sep 20th 2009, 11:57 PM
Hi and thanks for clicking on this thread.
I have a blog on Xanga and recently I got a friend request from a guy named Muhhamed. I checked his profile and he said his religion was Islam and his hero was Muhhamad (the "prophet" of Allah). He had commented on one of my entries once and he seemed nice. The entry was even about a "Christian" I know who says mean things about atheists, and Muhhamed didn't even make a cheap shot at Christianity with it. But since he and I have such differing views about Jesus (Muslims believe Jesus, called 'Isa in the Quran, was a prophet of Allah and is not God), and I talk about Jesus in my weblog entries a lot, I'm pretty sure we would get into conflicts.
So I declined the friend request, and chose not to notify him about it, in hopes that he forgot all about sending the request and that I won't offend him. Of course, I have bad people skills so perhaps it is offensive.
But now I'm not sure I did the right thing. It could have been a good witnessing opportunity. I've never witnessed successfully. I am not good at it at all. I'm intimidated by everyone.

You seem really torn up about it so I'll give you my opinion. No, I don't think you did a bad thing, but (oh the "but" of doom) I do agree with what Jeffinator said and perhaps it wouldn't have turned out so bad if you did accept his friend request. When it boils down to it we can give you our opinions and God can give you His. :) Pray on it and don't twist yourself up into knots worrying about it.

Anything further than that let me give you my observations on how the word friend is used; TOO LOOSE. :lol: But seriously that being said you have to consider in what sense of the word you are going to be friends with people and also in what sense they are looking to be friends with you. For me I can recognize where it is being loosely thrown around, but if I call you my friend it's almost as good as a blood oath or something. Friendship is something that should not be taken lightly so there is a difference in being friends and being friendly. You don't have to set aside your faith to be friendly with a person who is not a believer just gives you all the more reason to shine brighter. If they have a problem with you they'll find the door soon enough on their own.

Other than that a scripture that might help you check out 1 Corinthians chapter 5.

Perhaps there would be good reason to stay away from him if he were to cause you to fall or was professing his Christianity raving about Muhaumand being his hero etc. but there are lost souls all over doing whatever from a little bad to a lot and a mini rapture would have to happen in order for us to not be bothered with what they're doing. Just be who you are in Christ and don't worry about it. This world is basically a play ground for evil as things stand now so I'm not saying expect smooth sailing, expect the opposite if anything. Just know and remember your real home is much better. We may be in this world but we are not of it. Hang in there. ^_^

Desperaux
Sep 21st 2009, 03:10 AM
This Muslim fellow very well could have been sent to you as a training experience in ministering to the Muslims.

Think and pray about it. Maybe it's not too late to request him as an online friend.