PDA

View Full Version : Christians under attack

Eben
Sep 16th 2009, 07:42 PM
Is it possible for a true Christian to be bewitched? I dont know what the right term is but you know like being cursed by a witchdoctor.
The next goes hand in hand with the first, can a true believer be possessed by an evil spirit? This is more serious than what it looks. There are many true believers that do not know. Please give quotes from scripture.

David Taylor
Sep 16th 2009, 08:10 PM
Is it possible for a true Christian to be bewitched? I dont know what the right term is but you know like being cursed by a witchdoctor.
The next goes hand in hand with the first, can a true believer be possessed by an evil spirit? This is more serious than what it looks. There are many true believers that do not know. Please give quotes from scripture.

Eben,
Read these passages, and see if it answers your own question....several times.

Romans 8:31 "If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

I John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. "

I John 5:4 "For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"

I Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. "

Eben
Sep 16th 2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you very much and I agree wholeheartedly. Now why do dear good Christians believe that they have been placed under a spell, or that a fellow Christian is possessed.
"We are more than conquerers through Him that loved us"

penofareadywriter
Sep 16th 2009, 08:42 PM

Spiritual Warfare is real...Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c (http://bibleforums.org/#fen-NKJV-29346c)] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

David Taylor
Sep 16th 2009, 09:04 PM
Thank you very much and I agree wholeheartedly. Now why do dear good Christians believe that they have been placed under a spell, or that a fellow Christian is possessed.

IMO, They're letting the things of the world confuse them, and strip them of the Power Jesus makes available.

I really don't think it's possible for a Christian to be possessed, because that would allow a demon, (which can possess the lost), to whip up on the Holy Spirit and kick Him out of a person He has claimed as one of His.

Lost people can be possessed by a demon, and mistakenly think they are a Christian, or claim they are a Christian....but I think the proof of that title is in the pudding...so to speak.

Spells likewise, are meaningless to those who truly belong to Christ.

II Cor 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

Here's a biblical example of a spellcaster, a bewitcher, a socerer named Simon....notice what happens when he and his tricks run square into the apostle Philip, full of the Holy Ghost and armed to the teeth with the resplendant Gospel of Jesus Christ....

Acts 8:9 "there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one: To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God. And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries. But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done."

Bring on the spells and bewitchings....I'll take a wheelbarrel load of them, and put them in Jesus' hip pocket to take care of...they have no power over one of His children.

I Peter 3:12 "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?"

I John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love Him, because He first loved us. "

Revelation 1:17 "And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I AM the first and the last"

Eben
Sep 16th 2009, 09:06 PM
Yes I agree but then we must understand the armour of God. He does not say go to war and fight. He says "withstand". Then analyze the armour and you will find that it is something you have to do, and that something is a way of life. There is no where where the Word says you as a believer must go and attack Satan. The actual word used in Eph6:12 is "wrestle" and not war.

penofareadywriter
Sep 16th 2009, 09:08 PM
Yes I agree but then we must understand the armour of God. He does not say go to war and fight. He says "withstand". Then analyze the armour and you will find that it is something you have to do, and that something is a way of life. There is no where where the Word says you as a believer must go and attack Satan. The actual word used in Eph6:12 is "wrestle" and not war.

But we were not talking about US attacking the enemy, but rather the enemy attacking US....were we not? Or did I miss understand the opening post?

timmyb
Sep 16th 2009, 09:14 PM
I think it's possible that we can be attacked if we give that authority to that particular spirit... to just go in half cocked and believing you're invincible is dumb no matter what war you're fighting spiritual or physical... When I engage in spiritual warfare I engage with the mighty warrior Jesus and I go with his leading.. he doesn't promise you that you won't get hurt or attacked, but he does promise you victory if you don't give up...

Timmy

Eben
Sep 16th 2009, 09:14 PM
No you are quite correct. I am referring to some of us that believe we must go out and make war with the Devil.

theBelovedDisciple
Sep 16th 2009, 11:07 PM

Overcome??? Why and How?

Greater is He that is in you.. than he that is in the world...

Behold, I give unto you Power, tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and NOTHING BY ANY MEANS shall harm you...

If your Truly His and Filled with the Holy Ghost... then you will walk on top of the power of the enemy and you will walk right thru his schemes and devices.. and God Himself will give you 'knowledge' of them.. for Paul said.. ''we are not ignorant of his devices.... there are times when you may be assaulted by devils, or there may be times when he will vex you.. but possession as a True Born Again Christian .. filled with the Holy Ghost... the Spirit that is in you.. will rear up against any assault upon you....and attempt to overtake and possess you..

Greater is He that is in you.. than he that is in the world...

When the enemy shall come in like a flood.. the Spirit of the Lord shall raise up a standard against him.. there have been times in the past when the enemy has come at me with everything and the kitchen sink.. and prior to that. I could feel that Holy Ghost.. rear up inside me.. telling me to be ready...stand firm.. Be strong in the Lord and the Power of His Might.. that ye may be able to stand against the 'wiles' of the devil....

fighting him in the flesh.. you will get devoured by him..

its only thru the Strength and the Power of the Holy Ghost that a True Christian wars and fights that good fight of faith....

any curse that is put on you.. will not harm you.. for His Spirit is Greater than that.. His Blood Protects you...

the shield of Faith and the Helmet of Salvation..

Put it on.. that Whole Armour of God...

He will Help you.. He will not abandon you.. nor forsake you..

amen and amen..

crossnote
Sep 17th 2009, 03:53 AM
Well in a sense by letting go of the truth they can be led by the nose.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
(Gal 3:1)

Why? Stated earlier...

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
(Gal 1:6-7)