PDA

View Full Version : Hope and faith Scripture reference from Matthew 14:22-32

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 17th 2009, 09:15 AM
This weeks Sunday School lesson teaches about hope and faith with the story reference about Jesus feeding the 5,000 with five loaves of bread and two fish and about Jesus walking on the water and telling Peter to do it too.

I need some help coming with scripture that discusses hope and faith, as well as a sentence or two that would summarize the scripture. I want to do like I did with my last lesson and have some of the students read some scripture that goes along with the lesson. Except this time I'll be the one giving the summaries of the scripture.

I also need some questions that I could ask the class after I read them the story. There seems to be many simple questions that could go with this lesson. Here are some that I've thought up. Let me know if there are any other questions that you can think of or if there may be another one to replace one I already have listed.

How much food did Jesus have to feed this people?

How many people were there that he fed?

What did Jesus do after he told his disciples to go to the other side of the lake?

What did the disciples see that frighten them while they were in the boat?

Who did Jesus tell to walk on the walk?

What happened when this person got scared while walking on the water?

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 19th 2009, 11:02 PM
This weeks Sunday School lesson teaches about hope and faith with the story reference about Jesus feeding the 5,000 with five loaves of bread and two fish and about Jesus walking on the water and telling Peter to do it too.

I need some help coming with scripture that discusses hope and faith, as well as a sentence or two that would summarize the scripture. I want to do like I did with my last lesson and have some of the students read some scripture that goes along with the lesson. Except this time I'll be the one giving the summaries of the scripture.

I also need some questions that I could ask the class after I read them the story. There seems to be many simple questions that could go with this lesson. Here are some that I've thought up. Let me know if there are any other questions that you can think of or if there may be another one to replace one I already have listed.

How much food did Jesus have to feed this people?

How many people did Jesus feed?

What did Jesus do after he told his disciples to go to the other side of the lake?

What did the disciples see that frighten them while they were in the boat?

Who did Jesus tell to walk on the walk?

What happened when this person got scared while walking on the water?

Are these good questions to go along with this weeks lesson? Are there any other questions that I could ask?

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 19th 2009, 11:13 PM
Here are some examples/definitions about hope and faith. I need help picking the best one or even combining these to come up with a better example.

HOPE
Hope is anticipating with confidence something happening that hasn't come to pass yet.

To have hope is to live with confidence that Jesus is able to perform what He said and God is behind Him, making it all come about.

FAITH
Faith is a firm belief in something which there is no physical proof. It's believing that God is able to turn around any given situation. No matter how impossible it may look to the natural.

Faith is a choice, you must choose to believe. Faith will endure until it is replaced by the thing for which we are believing.

We increase our faith by spending time with a God, who is unseen. As our walk with God increases, so does our faith.

Moxie
Sep 20th 2009, 03:17 AM
You're questions appear fine to me. What age group do you teach?

*Living~By~Faith*
Sep 20th 2009, 12:40 PM
Ages 7 to 12 for the children's church.

Ages 4 to 6 for the kids class.

This lesson is for the children's church.