PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Animals and eternity?

Hollywood8098
Oct 1st 2009, 08:49 AM
I curious about this because I'm not sure of the answer. Do animals get to go to Heaven? I've heard some Christians say they don't because they don't have a soul and can not make a decision to call on Jesus as their savior. But Christ died on the cross for humans didn't he? So this has always been fuzzy to me. I also see God's character as being very loving and caring for all his creation so it's hard for me to think such a loving God would just let animals go like that. To me I don't think Heaven could be Heaven if I didn't see my pets there :sad: Is there anything in scripture about this? What do you guys think? Just curious. :dunno:

Steven3
Oct 1st 2009, 12:29 PM
I curious about this because I'm not sure of the answer. Do animals get to go to Heaven? I've heard some Christians say they don't because they don't have a soul and can not make a decision to call on Jesus as their savior. But Christ died on the cross for humans didn't he? So this has always been fuzzy to me. I also see God's character as being very loving and caring for all his creation so it's hard for me to think such a loving God would just let animals go like that. To me I don't think Heaven could be Heaven if I didn't see my pets there :sad: Is there anything in scripture about this? What do you guys think? Just curious. :dunno:

Ecc.3:19. sorry ... but God gives them a good life while they're here right? :)

kf4zmt
Oct 1st 2009, 01:01 PM

I think the difference is that God made humans in His own image. The Bible does not make this claim for animals. We are privileged to be the pinnacle of His creation; but not animals.

Longsufferer
Oct 1st 2009, 01:12 PM
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings(two cents), and not one of them is forgotten before God.
Luke 12:6

RabbiKnife
Oct 1st 2009, 01:18 PM
If we have pets in heaven, it will be better than we can imagine.

If we don't have pets in heaven, it will be better than we can imagine.

Br. Barnabas
Oct 1st 2009, 01:47 PM
I think that the wrong question is being asked. It should not be will animals be with us in heaven, because heaven is not our final destination but the new/renewed earth is where we will spend eternity.

With that being said I will agree that animals will most likely not be in heaven; however, I would say that animals will be on the new/renewed earth. A reading of Romans 8:19-22 shows that creation itself will be renewed and made right as it was before the fall. It also is shown in Revelation 21 and 22 that the creation will be prefect again. Isaiah 65:17-25 also shows what the new heavens and earth will be like. In this we see that there will be animals.

So why would animals not be included in this renewing and being made perfect. Granted his has not been about pets, but I believe God could raise up our pets if he so wished to do so.

I have faith that God would be willing to raise up those pets that have had significant influence on us. Because they have become so enmeshed in our personality and our souls.

HisLeast
Oct 1st 2009, 02:03 PM
I have faith that God would be willing to raise up those pets that have had significant influence on us. Because they have become so enmeshed in our personality and our souls.

I'm not so sure. My wife of two years has had a much larger impact in my life than all the pets of my childhood that I love dearly. Yet in heaven we will not be married nor given in marriage.

I don't know specifically what the new earth will be like, but if I have to guess, I'd say the dynamics of life are outside our current comprehension.

bc3n1
Oct 1st 2009, 02:17 PM
I love that God saw everything that He had created, that it was 'very good'. Isn't the Garden of Eden a 'heaven' intended for all of God's creation? What will the new heaven and new earth be like?

Moxie
Oct 1st 2009, 02:36 PM
Disclaimer--Personal opinion here: :)

Whether in heaven or in the new earth, I think God will give us all the joys of our heart. However, because of His holiness and majesty those things still will not compare and our eyes will be on Him. We will be worshiping Him with an unspeakable joy in our heart.

Cliff H
Oct 1st 2009, 03:05 PM
Ecc.3:19. sorry ... but God gives them a good life while they're here right? :)

There is a question mark at the end of this verse.

Ecclesiastes 3:21 (King James Version)

21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Who knoweth ?......How do we know that man goeth upward and beast goeth downward ?

Striker81536
Oct 3rd 2009, 10:08 AM
Why wouldn't animals go to heaven? Why wouldn't they have souls? A body can't function without a soul.

HisLeast
Oct 3rd 2009, 03:49 PM
Why wouldn't animals go to heaven? Why wouldn't they have souls? A body can't function without a soul.

1) They weren't created in God's image
2) We have no reason to believe they do.

Joe King
Oct 3rd 2009, 04:04 PM
There will be animals in heaven but nothing I have read suggests that they were the animals on earth.

Equipped_4_Love
Oct 4th 2009, 04:19 AM
I really have a hard time believing that our pets will be in heaven with us....and I have a harder time believing that just because your pets aren't there, that heaven won't be heaven.

Joe King
Oct 4th 2009, 06:03 AM
I really have a hard time believing that our pets will be in heaven with us....and I have a harder time believing that just because your pets aren't there, that heaven won't be heaven.

I have a very difficult time as well, even more so when I see at how distraught some people get over it. BILLIONS of HUMANS are going to hell.

mark4_9
Oct 4th 2009, 10:12 PM
There will be animals in heaven but nothing I have read suggests that they were the animals on earth.

Help my Ignorance, what animals are going to be in heaven?