PDA

View Full Version : Finding a Bible Quote on Satan's temptations of vanity

carrotcake12
Oct 10th 2009, 10:19 PM
I need a quote from the Bible that depicts in some way the idea of Satan tempting man to be vain. I would prefer if it relates to vanity in the physical sense (i.e. good looks, appearance).

Much thanks in advance! :lol:

Reason: I'm using it in a scene in a movie that I'm making that shows superiority of a beautiful heart to a beautiful appearance.

carrotcake12
Oct 11th 2009, 04:20 AM
Nevermind, i found a good one after some perusal.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

1 Peter 3:3-4

crossnote
Oct 11th 2009, 04:24 AM
Well hold on there Hoss, this may be more direct.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
(Mat 4:8-9)

Desperaux
Oct 11th 2009, 04:24 AM
Remember also how Lucifer, bedecked by jewels and wondrous musical instruments built into his very frame, was so very beautiful, yet became proud and fell, and is now representative of all that is ugly in vanity and pride--the source of all sin.