PDA

View Full Version : Verse about asking forgiveness

CrunchyChristian
Oct 21st 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm looking for verses about how to approach a brother or sister when you've sinned against them. Or any verse, for that matter about when you've sinned against someone.

TIA!

The Mighty Sword
Oct 21st 2009, 11:48 PM
Mat 6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Isaiah 43:25 (KJV) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins

Hope those help. :)

CrunchyChristian
Oct 21st 2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks, TMS. I'll tell you what I'm looking for exactly.

I gave someone some very unbiblical advice awhile back, and I'm afraid that it affected one of her relationships. I want to repent to her as well as the other person, I'm just not sure exactly how to do it.

Thanks again!

The Mighty Sword
Oct 22nd 2009, 02:08 AM

I gave someone some very unbiblical advice awhile back, and I'm afraid that it affected one of her relationships. I want to repent to her as well as the other person, I'm just not sure exactly how to do it.

Thanks again!

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I think this is just what the Doctor Ordered :)

crossnote
Oct 22nd 2009, 03:29 AM

Thanks again!

You can show her the verse... "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. (Jas 3:1) ...and tell her you have felt the pangs of this and are truly sorry for what you have taught her earlier.

CrunchyChristian
Oct 22nd 2009, 03:32 AM
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I think this is just what the Doctor Ordered :)

That's more along the lines that I was looking for.

You can show her the verse... "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. (Jas 3:1) ...and tell her you have felt the pangs of this and are truly sorry for what you have taught her earlier.

I love it!

Is there one about asking for forgiveness though? I know there are plenty about forgiving others.

CrunchyChristian
Oct 22nd 2009, 03:50 AM
I'm not finding much at all about asking for forgiveness from a brother. I really want to do this God's way, as it is a very sticky situation. I want to stay above reproach and have scripture to back up my actions.

I will have to pray on these verses and see exactly how (or if) they apply to this particular situation.

If anyone else finds any pertinent scripture, please post!

Thanks again, brothers and sisters!

ThyWordIsTruth
Oct 22nd 2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not finding much at all about asking for forgiveness from a brother. I really want to do this God's way, as it is a very sticky situation. I want to stay above reproach and have scripture to back up my actions.

I will have to pray on these verses and see exactly how (or if) they apply to this particular situation.

If anyone else finds any pertinent scripture, please post!

Thanks again, brothers and sisters!

Mat 5:23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Mat 5:25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.
Mat 5:26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

CrunchyChristian
Oct 22nd 2009, 06:57 PM
Mat 5:23 So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mat 5:24 leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Mat 5:25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.
Mat 5:26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

Thank you so much!

crossnote
Oct 23rd 2009, 03:33 AM
Asking for forgiveness and forgiving others should be two sides of the same coin. What Scripture applies to one should also apply to the other.

Elijah Lau
Oct 24th 2009, 01:10 AM
don't forget to PRAY

logos7
Oct 24th 2009, 01:58 PM
"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

"(21) Them came Peter to Him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? (22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but Until seventy times seven." Matthew 18:21-22

see also Matthew 6:14-15, Luke 17:4; Colossians 3:13