PDA

View Full Version : Information The nativity sene in a different way

Rullion Green
Oct 22nd 2009, 05:07 PM
This link is a new insight into the nativity scene, it deals with what a manger is and gives a different view of the famous account of our Lords birth.

http://www.biblestudymagazine.com/preview/NovDec09Manger.pdf

daughter
Oct 22nd 2009, 05:19 PM
Well... that is very interesting! I'm going to have to do some research into other first century usages of the word kataluma and see what they come up with. (sorry, my Greek font is on the fritz.)

Rullion Green
Oct 22nd 2009, 05:28 PM
Well... that is very interesting! I'm going to have to do some research into other first century usages of the word kataluma and see what they come up with. (sorry, my Greek font is on the fritz.)

Perhaps you could let me know what you find out, it would be interesting

goykodesh
Oct 22nd 2009, 06:59 PM
Perhaps you could let me know what you find out, it would be interesting

God is the ulimate Poet.

Most scholars believe Jesus was conceived around Chanukah (mid-late Dec) and born on Sukkot (feast of Tablernacles) in the early fall/late summer. Sukkot is the most joyous of all Biblical feasts, practically everything about this feast points right to Jesus. Whether in a Sukkah or a hardened building, is not the point being made here. This would have been interesting timing - at least we know He was born in the midst of sheep herders (Luke 2:8), and I think likely one of the Temple flocks because of the proximity to Jerusalem. Now, at Sukkot, the flock would have been reduced (and needing replacement) because of sacrifices in Jerusalem for this Biblical feast.

It seems to me that the Lamb of God was born in a most appropriate place and at a most appropriate time of year.

By the way, sukkah's had feed trays for guests in thier walls.