PDA

View Full Version : - My Faith Has Found a Resting Place -

Shadrach
Oct 26th 2009, 05:43 PM
Even though this isn’t a verse of Scripture, it’s an old hymn that surely will comfort and encourage. As you read this old hymn absorb the words and doctrine that is contained therein. The hymn “My Faith Has Found a Resting Place” was written by Eliza E. Hewitt. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on June 28, 1851. Hymnals often show the author of this hymn as Lidie H. Edmunds, Eliza’s pseudonym. After graduation from school, Eliza began teaching. However, her career was cut short by a serious spinal problem. She partially recovered, but was an invalid most of her life. She then turned to hymn writing, which ran in the family, as her cousin was hymnist Edgar Stites. Eliza lived all her life in Philadelphia, where she was Sunday school superintendent at the Northern Home for Friendless Children, and later at the Calvin Presbyterian Church. She was also a regular contributor to Sunday-school Helps. She died on April 24, 1920 and is buried in the Woodlands Cemetery in Philadelphia. I especially like this older hymn because it speaks about the only One who can save us from our sins. I trust you will enjoy it as I have throughout the many years after accepting Him as my Savior and Redeemer. I especially like the last stanza which reads in part … “The lost He came to save; For me His precious blood He shed, for me His life He gave.

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Refrain

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He’ll never cast me out.

Refrain

I need no other plea,
And that He died for me.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior’s Name,
Salvation through His blood.

Refrain

I need no other plea,
And that He died for me.

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

Refrain

I need no other plea,
And that He died for me.

pmiles
Nov 14th 2009, 08:57 PM
Beautiful hymn, thank you for sharing it and the info about the lady who wrote it. My soul says a resounding AMEN!!!!:agree:

bc3n1
Nov 20th 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks Shadrach for the encouragement and sharing about the origins of such wonderful faith. Blessings and grace to you through our Lord Jesus Christ!

JesusMySavior
Nov 26th 2009, 03:11 AM
Hallelujah that's beautiful. :cry: :eek: