PDA

View Full Version : who can listen to this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

motormouf
Nov 3rd 2009, 04:25 PM
I've been reading up on rock music and the famous rock stars (from a Christian site and when i read up on guys like Osborne and Manson all i can say is WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO LISTENS TO THIS KINDA STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are just gone and do some of the weirdest most sickening stuff on stage.What kinda people could go to a concert ad have the singer throw animal guts or urinate or defacate on the Cross on stage and see it as entertainment. Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did. Something is seriously wrong with people.

Athanasius
Nov 3rd 2009, 04:57 PM
I've been reading up on rock music and the famous rock stars (from a Christian site and when i read up on guys like Osborne and Manson all i can say is WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO LISTENS TO THIS KINDA STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are just gone and do some of the weirdest most sickening stuff on stage.What kinda people could go to a concert ad have the singer throw animal guts or urinate or defacate on the Cross on stage and see it as entertainment. Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did. Something is seriously wrong with people.

The band Gorgoroth crucified two women by mistake during a concert.

Buzzword
Nov 3rd 2009, 11:36 PM
It is a very intense reminder that, no matter how much we believe ourselves to be "civilized," when caught up in a raucous mob mentality, or any which fires and intensifies our primal instincts, we will not stop at anything.

Kind of a real-world application of Lord of the Flies, or why the Romans could enjoy gladiatorial games for centuries.

Then again, it could just be that people enjoy the music, at least as far as LISTENING goes.

Some of these guys have created a certain image for themselves, and the concerts have to project that image in ever increasingly disgusting ways, or they'll lose their fanbase of insane teenagers (and in some cases middle-aged men and women still living in their parents' basement wearing twenty-year-old "ROCK ON!" t-shirts).

Luke34
Nov 4th 2009, 06:38 AM
Manson even threw a puppy into the crowd and told them to kill it and they did. No he didn't. (http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marilyn2.asp) (Snopes)

The band Gorgoroth crucified two women by mistake during a concert.Do you have sources for this? The Internet at large informs me that Gorgoroth uses "crucified" models as part of their stage show, but the only source stating that they actually crucified someone is, well, this thread.

motormouf
Nov 4th 2009, 04:14 PM
No he didn't. (http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marilyn2.asp) (Snopes)

Do you have sources for this? The Internet at large informs me that Gorgoroth uses "crucified" models as part of their stage show, but the only source stating that they actually crucified someone is, well, this thread.

regardless of if its true. you gotta wonder who can like this stuff when u hear the message. I heard about people singing songs about committing suicide and kids listening to it and killing them selves etc (suicide solution) . Manson and co dress like women and look like zombies and throw rats and crap into the crowd much to the delight of the crowd. Call me cheap but thers no way id pay my money for anyone to do that to me.

Athanasius
Nov 4th 2009, 04:52 PM
Do you have sources for this? The Internet at large informs me that Gorgoroth uses "crucified" models as part of their stage show, but the only source stating that they actually crucified someone is, well, this thread.

I'll have to find the story, it happened back in 2004.

Edit* Might have been a trick of my mind, all I can find information on is their crucifixion shows in Poland.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 4th 2009, 05:25 PM
Marilyn Manson is a complete joke. He's all show, no substance.

Not only is his music offensive, but it's not even that good to begin with. Kind of boring, IMO.

It seems to me like he tries too hard to shock. Who can take that stuff seriously? I just think that people get carried away with the hype, and that's why they get all crazy.

ilovemetal
Nov 4th 2009, 11:53 PM
deep down, Manson hates his dad.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 5th 2009, 02:01 AM
LOL

Really, Metal? Did he say that in an interview? I don't really follow the guy...never read any interviews

Pre
Nov 5th 2009, 08:33 AM
I'll have to find the story, it happened back in 2004.

Edit* Might have been a trick of my mind, all I can find information on is their crucifixion shows in Poland.

I remember watching a metal documentary on VH1 once that included an interview with one of the band members who said that they draw their ideology and inspiration from Satan.

Youssarian
Nov 5th 2009, 05:38 PM
Well the thing is, these people generally aren't Godly folks like us and thus their perspective on what's acceptable in music and what is not is quite different from ours. Plus I think Ozzy and Manson, in addition to many others, have lyrics which relate to the hearts of people with unresolved issues like anger, grudges or depression. And since they're in low spirits, they're more likely to enjoy those kinds of things. Doing things destructive or disrespectful are enjoyable for them, I don't fully know why.

And as for the defaming the cross and performing mock crucifixions, remember that Satan is the ruler of the world system in all of its anti-God and anti-Christianity ways. These things appease to those people who are in their sinful nature and thus naturally more likely to enjoy doing rude things towards the Cross.

(Sorry, I think I got a little Scriptural there.)

RabbiKnife
Nov 5th 2009, 08:18 PM
Manson is a preacher's kid, I think. I'm almost positive he attended a Christian school as a kid.

butterfly1234
Nov 8th 2009, 12:58 AM
There is just a huge demonic spirit in this world and there are lots of ppl seeing to fit in somewhere, but they dont seek out Jesus. It's very scary to know what some people focus on everyday by listening to all that evil music. It's scary that it's widely accepted and mainstream. I just dont get it. At all.

nicolapompicola
Nov 8th 2009, 10:32 PM
I *think* I'm a bit old to be posting on here :blushsad: but I have something to say.. And I know alot of you will disagree with this, but, I really feel the need to voice my opinion.

Back when I was a teenager, I was badly bullied at school, so badly infact that the only way I could feel anything was by cutting myself, and watching myself bleed. At this point in my life I listened to a lot of this kind of music, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm alive now is because of this music. It let me know that I wasn't alone in the world, and at a time I thought the whole world hated me, there was some one there with me hating the world. These people are acting as a voice for the voiceless, and it's those voiceless people that need a friendly ear, and not to be vindicated by their choice of music. What more comfort could you bring these people then the comfort of coming to know God, and to be free in His presence?

Sorry for the rant.. :blush:

markedward
Nov 11th 2009, 09:01 PM
Manson is a preacher's kid, I think. I'm almost positive he attended a Christian school as a kid.Manson himself has said that neither he nor his family were particularly religious. The only reason he attended the Christian school was, according to his parents, he would be guaranteed to get a better education (in accord with the stereotype that private schools are better than public schools).

BrckBrln
Nov 11th 2009, 09:52 PM
Manson likes to beat women, too. At least, that's what he does in his latest (controversial) video.

Rel
Nov 22nd 2009, 10:47 PM
I *think* I'm a bit old to be posting on here :blushsad: but I have something to say.. And I know alot of you will disagree with this, but, I really feel the need to voice my opinion.

Back when I was a teenager, I was badly bullied at school, so badly infact that the only way I could feel anything was by cutting myself, and watching myself bleed. At this point in my life I listened to a lot of this kind of music, and I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm alive now is because of this music. It let me know that I wasn't alone in the world, and at a time I thought the whole world hated me, there was some one there with me hating the world. These people are acting as a voice for the voiceless, and it's those voiceless people that need a friendly ear, and not to be vindicated by their choice of music. What more comfort could you bring these people then the comfort of coming to know God, and to be free in His presence?

Sorry for the rant.. :blush:

I think that the truth of the matter is that God can use anything to attain his will. I do not condone music groups such as this, because they lead many people down a path into darkness. However, I think that in this very specific case, God was able to use these artists to save you life. Our Lord works in mysterious ways.

tango
Nov 22nd 2009, 11:01 PM

Depends which side of the fence you're listening. You could listen to grinding music praising the devil and cursing God, or you could listen to lyrics more like these:

Who will you follow / Satan or the author of life
Jesus paid the price / God made the sacrifice, for you

(Who will you follow, by Whitecross)

Or how about these:

Back to the cross / you face the world with no regard to Christ
Get back to the cross / stop using grace to justify your sin

(Back to the cross, by The Crucified)

I could go on forever... but we'd ultimately end up discussing things like whether music is itself evil or whether it's a neutral carrier used to convey a message of good or evil. Or we could discuss whether popular music with lyrics dripping with explicit sexual content is any better than death metal singing about blood and gore.

Athanasius
Nov 23rd 2009, 12:06 AM
I remember watching a metal documentary on VH1 once that included an interview with one of the band members who said that they draw their ideology and inspiration from Satan.

It's probably true; European metal bands tend to really be about what they sing about, as opposed to North American metal bands which are usually just in it for shock effect.

To answer the OP's question, though. I've listened to that kind of music and worse for reasons similar to what nicnicolapompicola outlined. Mind you, I quickly discovered Deliverance, Believer, Mortification... Hmm, then things changed. That's not to say, however, that I haven't 'struggled' with some of these bands because I enjoy listening to them.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 26th 2009, 06:15 PM
It's probably true; European metal bands tend to really be about what they sing about, as opposed to North American metal bands which are usually just in it for shock effect.

To answer the OP's question, though. I've listened to that kind of music and worse for reasons similar to what nicnicolapompicola outlined. Mind you, I quickly discovered Deliverance, Believer, Mortification... Hmm, then things changed. That's not to say, however, that I haven't 'struggled' with some of these bands because I enjoy listening to them.

Haven't ever listened to those bands. Have you heard Cannibal Corpse? Good musicians...pretty intense band

Athanasius
Nov 26th 2009, 06:29 PM
Haven't ever listened to those bands. Have you heard Cannibal Corpse? Good musicians...pretty intense band

Yes, complete 180 between their stage act and their personal lives.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 26th 2009, 08:13 PM
Yes, complete 180 between their stage act and their personal lives.

Seriously? I'm not one to follow the personal lives, but you've peaked my curiosity. Let me guess...live in the suburbs, white picket fence?

I've listened to some of their stuff. Don't care for the vocals, but man, can they play!! They are amazingly precise....well, for that type of music.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 26th 2009, 08:18 PM
There is just a huge demonic spirit in this world and there are lots of ppl seeing to fit in somewhere, but they dont seek out Jesus.

I couldn't agree with you more, but from what I've seen and experienced, there is just as much of a demonic element behind rap and techno as there is behind bands like, say, Mudvayne and Cattle Decapitation...with the latter bands, it's just more in-your-face.

Athanasius
Nov 26th 2009, 08:45 PM
Seriously? I'm not one to follow the personal lives, but you've peaked my curiosity. Let me guess...live in the suburbs, white picket fence?

I've listened to some of their stuff. Don't care for the vocals, but man, can they play!! They are amazingly precise....well, for that type of music.

Bill Bailey makes fun of Slayer, but you'd get the point with Cannibal Corpse:
(the clip is clean)

oZoxdiDdlyY

It's amazing you can find some of the most talented musicians in the world playing that kind of music (not Bill Bailey, though he is talented). Have you ever heard of Necrophagist? Same sort of vocals, but also technical death metal. Absolutely brilliant drummer.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 26th 2009, 08:58 PM
Bill Bailey makes fun of Slayer, but you'd get the point with Cannibal Corpse:
(the clip is clean)

oZoxdiDdlyY

It's amazing you can find some of the most talented musicians in the world playing that kind of music (not Bill Bailey, though he is talented). Have you ever heard of Necrophagist? Same sort of vocals, but also technical death metal. Absolutely brilliant drummer.

Never heard of that band. I used to like Lamb of God a lot, but obviously, they are no longer in my music collection.

I've gotta agree with you...musically-speaking, a lot of those bands are phenominal, technically, second-to-none. It's the vocals that I can't stand. Truth be told, I just think they can't sing, period. Not only that, but you need an interpreter to figure out what they are saying.

It must be murder on their vocal chords.

XianGothDude
Nov 28th 2009, 12:38 AM
Has anyone heard of the band Saviour Machine?

Athanasius
Nov 28th 2009, 01:05 AM
Has anyone heard of the band Saviour Machine?

Yeah, gave em a try but can't get into them.

vja4Him
Nov 28th 2009, 01:54 AM
I think that the truth of the matter is that God can use anything to attain his will. I do not condone music groups such as this, because they lead many people down a path into darkness. However, I think that in this very specific case, God was able to use these artists to save you life. Our Lord works in mysterious ways.

Yes, it is strange how God works in mysterious ways ... The Lord used a Mormon to literally save my life!

Athanasius
Nov 28th 2009, 03:23 AM
Never heard of that band. I used to like Lamb of God a lot, but obviously, they are no longer in my music collection.

I've gotta agree with you...musically-speaking, a lot of those bands are phenominal, technically, second-to-none. It's the vocals that I can't stand. Truth be told, I just think they can't sing, period. Not only that, but you need an interpreter to figure out what they are saying.

It must be murder on their vocal chords.

I still give them (Lamb of God) a spin, occasionally.

This is what I'm talking about with the drummer of Necrophagist:
(Instrumental)

zdgkzYOYUp0

One band I really like, and want to release new material soon is the band Grave Declaration -- black metal worship music - if there was ever such a thing - straight from Norway. Listen to the demo stuff for their new album: http://www.myspace.com/gravedeclaration. (It's myspace, so please be aware that the comments are not necessarily reflective of the band).

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 28th 2009, 03:44 AM
Wow...that was impressive. Thanks!!!

Do you know if there is any way to get tracks from these bands without the vocals? I just can't stand the whole gutteral whining, sounds demonic to me, but the music itself is complex and beautiful.

I know people think it's hard-core, but there's an element of beauty to it.

Athanasius
Nov 28th 2009, 03:46 AM
Wow...that was impressive. Thanks!!!

Do you know if there is any way to get tracks from these bands without the vocals? I just can't stand the whole gutteral whining, sounds demonic to me, but the music itself is complex and beautiful.

I know people think it's hard-core, but there's an element of beauty to it.

I don't know of any way, unless they release it themselves. When I worked at my last job - a call center - we had a guy death growl his calls, well, some of them. He was quickly fired, mind you it was hilarious. A lot of people have problems with this music just because of how the vocals sound -- Meh. I can only imagine when Vengeance Rising came onto the scene...

I listened to Top-40 Radio today (with Ryan Seacrest!) for the first time in at least 5 years -- Oh my! It's convinced me of the necessity of Jesus.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 28th 2009, 03:51 AM
I listened to Top-40 Radio today (with Ryan Seacrest!) for the first time in at least 5 years -- Oh my! It's convinced me of the necessity of Jesus.

Yes....it's the beginning of the end, my friend.

Just out of curiosity, what was playing? Coldplay and the Killers are pretty decent, but other than that...scary

Athanasius
Nov 28th 2009, 03:55 AM
Yes....it's the beginning of the end, my friend.

Just out of curiosity, what was playing? Coldplay and the Killers are pretty decent, but other than that...scary

A bunch of auto-tuned songs that all sounded the same, I honestly don't know who was doing the singing -- a lot were about 'I cheated on you, don't leave me!'. Followed by Katie Perry and a channel change: then it was Starship, ugh!. I was hoping for Lady Gaga, but oh well!

I don't mind Coldplay or the Killers, for that matter. Should have more Dream Theater or Symphony X on the radio, maybe Paul Gilbert.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 28th 2009, 04:00 AM
I don't mind Coldplay or the Killers, for that matter. Should have more Dream Theater or Symphony X on the radio, maybe Paul Gilbert.

Oh, but you forget.....You can't market these kinds of bands, because the lead singers are not poster-worthy.

You know what really gets me, Xel? American Idol. I just resent the fact that we are selecting our influential and meaningful artists through a nationally broadcast karaoke competition.

Have you heard Kelly Clarkson's new stuff? It aches

Athanasius
Nov 28th 2009, 04:11 AM
Oh, but you forget.....You can't market these kinds of bands, because the lead singers are not poster-worthy.

It reminds me of a Tim Minchin song:

I15rCluWLac

Part of the lyrics go:

You could be clever as Voltaire
But it won't get you nowhere
If you wanna sell discs
Clever never made no one rich
It doesn't appeal to the teenage market
The teenage market!"

So true...

I'm not sure if you've heard of Tim Minchin before, but he's an Australian comedian currently living in London. A very talented pianist, so if anything, give him a listen for that. I also recommend his song 'Rock N' Roll Nerd'. However, I won't link to that because I think there's an instance or two of profanity. I believe the song above is clean.

You know what really gets me, Xel? American Idol. I just resent the fact that we are selecting our influential and meaningful artists through a nationally broadcast karaoke competition.

Have you heard Kelly Clarkson's new stuff? It aches

American Idol is now, for me, synonmyous with Adam Lambert. That's the untalented garbage the show produces.

I really, really like Tommy Emmanuel

TQJ1k2HMoRU

Or, if you're up for Youtube, anything from Rpoland records.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 28th 2009, 04:49 AM
Good stuff!! Especially liked that rendition of Classical Gas.

Okay, I am exposing my nerdiness here, but this is one of my favorite bands of all time. They've been releasing albums since the 80's, and I think they've has 2 songs get airplay, but they have some of the most inventive melodies out there.

They blend dark lyrics with catchy tunes.

amUowhHVBM4

Because, you know, everybody wants a prosthetic forehead for their real head. It's called botox!!!

This song isn't the best sound quality, but its one of my favorite TMBG songs. John Henry was a fabulous album

wRXpW9nYxpE

Athanasius
Nov 29th 2009, 02:19 AM
Good stuff!! Especially liked that rendition of Classical Gas.

Okay, I am exposing my nerdiness here, but this is one of my favorite bands of all time. They've been releasing albums since the 80's, and I think they've has 2 songs get airplay, but they have some of the most inventive melodies out there.

They blend dark lyrics with catchy tunes.

amUowhHVBM4

Because, you know, everybody wants a prosthetic forehead for their real head. It's called botox!!!

This song isn't the best sound quality, but its one of my favorite TMBG songs. John Henry was a fabulous album

wRXpW9nYxpE

Interesting :O
I was listening to Will Smith again tonight, and it's been confirmed. Music has gotten worse...
Then again, I listen to Korean rap...

H59z3eixoeE

If you don't like it, then listen to the guy around 4:50 and turn it off -- crazy how fast he goes, and in Korean.
There's nothing explicit in the video that I saw, I don't know why it says so in the title.

Their lyrics still retain a bit of poetical brilliance, so... Not the same as the stuff we have over here.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 29th 2009, 05:13 PM
Will Smith is a joke. How did you stumble upon him?

Athanasius
Nov 29th 2009, 05:28 PM
Will Smith is a joke. How did you stumble upon him?

The Korean? I was a gamer and professional gaming and South Korea are synonmyous.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 29th 2009, 06:00 PM
The Korean?

No...Will Smith. Were you listening to Top 40 radio again?! (tsk tsk)

Come out of the abyss, before it's too late!!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

Athanasius
Nov 29th 2009, 06:02 PM
No...Will Smith. Were you listening to Top 40 radio again?! (tsk tsk)

Come out of the abyss, before it's too late!!!! SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

Oh, haha. I thought 'I wonder if Will Smith sounds as bad now as he did then'. So I listened to current Top-40 and then Will Smith and... Nope, he doesn't sound so bad.

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 29th 2009, 07:06 PM
LOL.....ever play a Will Smith record backwards?

Athanasius
Nov 29th 2009, 07:30 PM
LOL.....ever play a Will Smith record backwards?

No, I haven't. I'm going to ask you what happens while I go try to find his stuff played backwards...
Edit* It sounds better backwards...

Equipped_4_Love
Nov 29th 2009, 07:52 PM
hahaha -- touche

Youssarian
Dec 6th 2009, 02:50 PM
Oh hey, if you really want to have fun with this whole "who can listen to that junk" topic, consider the opposite view: non-Christians may wonder, "How can they listen to all that junk? It's all happy happy, God this, Jesus that!" I remember early in my faith walk I was having doubts about the quality of Christian music because, hey, it all seemed to be about God. But some of it's not too bad, actually...

ClayInHisHands
Dec 10th 2009, 09:09 PM
Manson is a preacher's kid, I think. I'm almost positive he attended a Christian school as a kid.

Hey, let's assume your right. What if he asked Jesus into his heart when he was a kid. Is he still saved and if he would die today would he be with the Lord? Or would his lifestyle be the example of NOSAS based on that he just flat out rejects Christ? I know we have no way of ever knowing....just food for thought......anyways, on with the real thread.

doubledcattle
Dec 11th 2009, 03:26 PM
Isnt blasphemy the unforgivable sin? Does that mean if you turn your back on God that He turns His back on you? Maybe since he denies Christ now he won't enter the gates of Heaven. Like you said, I may never know but it is an interesting topic to discuss.

shine
Dec 11th 2009, 11:12 PM
Hey, let's assume your right. What if he asked Jesus into his heart when he was a kid. Is he still saved and if he would die today would he be with the Lord? Or would his lifestyle be the example of NOSAS based on that he just flat out rejects Christ? I know we have no way of ever knowing....just food for thought......anyways, on with the real thread.

Not meaning to derail the thread but these verses spring to mind. Once we accept Jesus we have to continue to accept him.

Romans 8:13
NIV
(http://bible.cc/romans/8-14.htm)For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live,

John 14:21 (http://bible.cc/john/14-22.htm)
NIV
Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

Athanasius
Dec 11th 2009, 11:34 PM
Isnt blasphemy the unforgivable sin? Does that mean if you turn your back on God that He turns His back on you? Maybe since he denies Christ now he won't enter the gates of Heaven. Like you said, I may never know but it is an interesting topic to discuss.

No, the unforgivable sin is attributing to Satan what is the work of God.

GSG
Dec 21st 2009, 10:16 AM
Iím a musician and a huge metal fan and I have to say that as far as Ozzy goes he has tons of songs on love and friendship and things of that nature. As a guitar player I love his music because people like Randy Rhoads (RIP) and others are people who pushed the musical envelope and made it possible for me to play how I play. While Ozzy is not my favorite artist I enjoy his music. Manson....I really dislike him. Thatís all Iíll say.

There is a lot of misunderstanding in the world about bands like Iron maiden and there song "the number of the beast"(I think it was the name lol) it talks about 666 and other things but itís not praising the devil. Its telling a ghost story of a kid who is walking home and sees a satanic worship service.....the kid is scared....itís a ghost story.

Megadeth has a song called five Magicís that some people think is pro-black magic but itís not. It tells the story of a man who tries to master black magic and becomes possessed and tormented by demons....again a ghost story...heck the song has a great line in it that says "he who lives by the sword will die by the sword...he who lives in sin...will surly live a lie"

oh and Dave Mustaine....became a born again Christian in 02. He struggles a lot with his walk but he is very vocal about loving Jesus and does a lot of charity work.

Everyone should decide for themselves. I donít really connect with lyrics very often so Iím in a weird place. A connect with the musician ship and overall sound.

Athanasius
Dec 24th 2009, 03:45 PM
Megadeth has a song called five Magicís that some people think is pro-black magic but itís not.... oh and Dave Mustaine became a born again Christian in 02. He struggles a lot with his walk but he is very vocal about loving Jesus and does a lot of charity work.

Dave has changed the lyrics of a few of his songs because they did actually contain spells in them. That said, I quite enjoy Megadeth.

GSG
Dec 24th 2009, 05:03 PM
Dave has changed the lyrics of a few of his songs because they did actually contain spells in them. That said, I quite enjoy Megadeth.
As a guitar player they are a huge inspiration for me musicaly. up till about 92 they where psuching the metal envlope.

yugo
Dec 30th 2009, 06:04 AM
You can't blame the music for the actions of people. I personally like a lot of rock music. Yes, there are some artists out there you make the rest look bad but you don't listen to those artists. My problem is you always hear people complain about rock music but what about rap?

Ayala
Dec 31st 2009, 03:43 AM
What about rap? People can make great or horrible music through any genre.

Youssarian
Jan 3rd 2010, 12:10 AM
Rap has become the predominant genre in culture, and since so many people like it (for the life of me I cannot figure out why) there are few people who are against it, and even fewer against it that speak out their minds. I personally dislike just about all rap songs and only have five on my playlist (but it's rare that I listen to them). I have heard some Christian rap, and with the good lyrics it's not that bad.

yugo
Jan 7th 2010, 05:25 AM
What about rap? People can make great or horrible music through any genre.

Then shouldn't that have been the title of this thread? Everyone is always so quick to judge rock but not all of it is bad.

Ayala
Jan 8th 2010, 01:35 AM
I'm not arguing that. I listen to alot of different genres, including metal and rap. Tell you the truth, I, myself hear more rap-bashing than anything else. And you apparently hear a lot of rock-bashing. So my point is, the the genre should make no difference, rather the focus should be the content of the music.