PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: They're being meanies >=(

GreekAsianPanda
Nov 15th 2009, 03:06 AM
Well, I regularly read the Answering Muslims blog, and also the comments that people leave for each entry, and I leave comments sometimes, too. Some of the Christians who post comments seem kind of insincere and are sometimes mean to the Muslims who post comments (even though sometimes the Muslims can be mean, too, but not all the time and not all of them, and plus we're still not supposed to be mean back).
Whenever another Christian or an atheist corrects their behavior, they get defensive and act like they weren't being rude.
Should I correct them, even though they probably will not heed my correction? Or should I remain silent and not be so judgmental?
Thanks in advance =)

ilovemetal
Nov 15th 2009, 03:26 AM
I just plain ol wouldn't 'argue' over internet in general. I come to this site to have respectable conversaions and to learn, but in some inviroments, like what you've mentioned, I'd see most things going unheeded. I'd say for the most it's just people wanting to be 'right', more than them genuinley wanting to learn. I wouldn't take it to heart.

Just my thoughts.

Moxie
Nov 15th 2009, 03:28 AM
If you really feel they are not going to heed your advice then don't give it to them. Your witness for Christ is going to show through much more if all of your responses are seasoned with grace and love. Using scripture as well; let God tell them what they need to hear. :)

Vhayes
Nov 15th 2009, 03:35 AM
I agree with Moxie. Your light will shine all the brighter if others lights are being dulled with soot.

Dani H
Nov 15th 2009, 04:46 AM
I think you should post your answers to the Muslims, and let God correct people His way. Bickering among Christians doesn't really convict sinners now, does it? And I can see where it would lead to bickering even if you want to correct somebody out of concern. Best to try and ignore it, post your responses directly to the unbelievers, share the Gospel with them, and let God do the judging. :)

Firefighter
Nov 17th 2009, 02:55 PM
out of the mouths of babes...

Great Post!!!