PDA

View Full Version : Working Sundays

Pwrone
Dec 28th 2009, 10:07 AM
I have a job working in an oil related company, as many know it tends to go 7 days a week in this field. My wife told me she has been going with her sister to a church that has really brought her closer to God and would like for me to start going. Only problem is it would prevent me from working on Sundays.

I have a leadman position and I know im expected to be there. They say it isnt mandatory to work Sundays then they say its strongly advised to be there. Im really considirng telling them no more Sundays. Ive been working there for 4 years and I have not been in Church every since I started and would really like to start going again. I could use some advice on how to handle this.I Would like to know what some you would do in this position. My well being does not rely on working Sundays and me and my wife would make it fine with out it. Not to mention how nice it would be to have one day a week with my wife and daughter.

-SEEKING-
Dec 28th 2009, 12:07 PM
Well of course pray about it first. But I'd have to say that if you don't see your family any other day of the week, then I would have to say absolutely don't work on Sundays. I mean we work to have for our families. But if our work keeps us from our families, we need to really change something. Hope this helps.

goykodesh
Dec 28th 2009, 04:34 PM
In this particular application, I think The Eagles said it best:

"You can spend all your time making money."
"You can spend all your love making time.