PDA

View Full Version : For Firefox Users.

napsnsnacks
Jan 8th 2010, 05:10 PM
The Firefox spell checker issue appeared here recently so I'll offer this:

As a writer, a long time ago I abandoned "textarea" input fields on websites and word processors large and small (except my web design software). Largely because of timeout's and forced log outs due to inactivity time limits.

So I decided to make the best of Firefox spell checker by making use of this FF extension:

Save Text Area 0.4.6

"This extension adds File Open and Save functionality to editable text fields and areas, in effect turning them into..."

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1046

Once I had that, I created an HTML document and saved it to my desktop for easy access (if you have FF set as your default browser).

I casually refer to as SnacksPad, LOL.

If you would like to use this, place the following markup into Notepad or other and save it as an HTML document:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#236567">
<table align="center">
<tr>
<td>
<textarea cols="100" rows="400" style="color: black; font-family: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono; font-size: 18px; background-color: #8694A1">
</textarea>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

You can edit the colors too.

http://www.colorpicker.com/

My (columns) cols="100" are set to a 15 inch monitor with 800x600 resolution so you can adjust that too.

Edit the font size with this:

font-size: 18px;

Edit the font color with this:

style="color: Black;

Edit the green area that goes around the text area with this tag:

<body bgcolor="#236567">

Now if you time out or are logged out by an idle time limit you don't waste your time or risk losing what you wrote when you click "submit" or "post".

Plus if you are quoting someone you can just copy that and paste it and work on what you have to say outside of a web page and whatever you do you will always have a copy of it.

For a longer writing work just right click in the text area and go down to "Text" on the menu then select "Save As" give it file name and a location. After that, as long as your cursor is visible in the text area, to save just hit CTRL+S.

I prefer this to a tiny little box to write in on a web page and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

SammeyDW
Jan 11th 2010, 11:41 PM
Thank You!!!!!!

napsnsnacks
Jan 12th 2010, 01:42 AM
Thank You!!!!!!

Hey, cool, glad you like it.